Unite all players - make the map packs FREE

The community is small enough as it is already, by releasing map packs which I’m guessing is mostly just downloaded by pre-orders anyway you can unite the players again and freshen the game. I never see any of the DLC maps outside of the specific playlist and will not recommend friends pay for them until it is mandatory to play at all.

Charge for Spartan Ops instead or armour packs or something else. All you are doing by charging for map packs is killing the game and splintering the community.

I had it pre-ordered so get them all anyway, however I don’t recommend anyone to buy them because you’ll never see the new maps outside the DLC playlist anyway in my experience.

I’m tired of playing Haven, Adrift, and Abandon. (The 3 worthy team slayer maps in my experience)

EDIT: If they released the multi-map packs free they could charge for Season 2 of Spartan Ops instead. LE and map pass owners get a “free” pass to the Season 2 Spartan Ops instead.

> The community is small enough as it is already, by releasing map packs which I’m guessing is mostly just downloaded by pre-orders anyway you can unite the players again and freshen the game. I never see any of the DLC maps outside of the specific playlist and will not recommend friends pay for them until it is mandatory to play at all.
>
> Charge for Spartan Ops instead or armour packs or something else. All you are doing by charging for map packs is killing the game and splintering the community.
>
> I had it pre-ordered so get them all anyway, however I don’t recommend anyone to buy them because you’ll never see the new maps outside the DLC playlist anyway in my experience.
>
> I’m tired of playing Haven, Adrift, and Abandon. (The 3 worthy team slayer maps in my experience)

I would add Solace to that list of maps and remove Abandon, Abandon is good for nothing as far as i can tell, it might be good for 1-flag if that ever gets added.

Anyway, I’m a fellow Limited Edition owner and so have access to all the forseeable map packs but would def support a move to making them available to everyone for free. Especially the crimson DLC being it was the first and with all the shenanigans that occured upon its release i think it would be a good show of faith to the community from 343. If you think about it i don’t see any reason for those that recieved it for free that time to remain loyal to this game or even this franchise. I know i wouldn’t except that kind of behaviour from any other service provider be it my ISP or anyone else.

“hey remember that month of free internet you were getting?” “Yeah”. “Well we are cutting you off til you pay for it”. Changes provider.

I see the new maps outside the DLC playlist pretty often when I play.

The fragmentation of an online community is a compromise that no gaming company should make for the sake of profit and revenue.

Especially so soon after a title release.

That’s my selfish, value for money, consumer point of view.

Paid map packs create a ‘have and have-not’ community. So far the community of “haves” is very small indeed. And not all map packs will be liked. Worse is when the community of DLC owners is so small it affects the experience.

I’ve always hated the mentality of entitlement to free additions or mods, like some PC gamers, but I’m getting sick of the profits over experience mentality of companies these days.

I guess I’m just a bad business man.

Yeah I agree. If you’re going to release new maps everyone should have them; otherwise they go to waste. I plan on buying the map pass for the variety, but them not coming up that often in other playlists makes me not want to drop the 2000 MSP.

So… the people who paid extra for a limited edition or got the season pass will get some sort of refund, right?

That wouldn’t be fair to the people like me who bought the Map Pass or the people who bought the LE.

trust me your not missing anything they are -Yoink- i realy tryed to like them to harvest has to be the worst map iv ever seen hell the background on some of them are still pixelated so bad we go back to dukenukem atomic days

It’s doubtful that these maps will be free anytime soon. Aren’t they still charging for the Reach DLC maps?

They won’t ever be free, MS has some policy that if DLC has Achievements, it will cost you money. Plus think of the LE owners getting -yoinked- over.

> So… the people who paid extra for a limited edition or got the season pass will get some sort of refund, right?

If we (the people who got limited addition or the map pass) got a refund in Microsoft points then I would be all for having free map packs. If we weren’t to get refunded I would be against it; it would just be money down the drain for me and many others.

Maybe they could do something like what happened in Halo 3 with how the they made the heroic map pack free after a few months.

They can’t do that or else they’d get sued by those who got Limited Edition or bought the War Games Map Pass. -Yoink!- was already in hot water when they said whoever downloaded the maps for free can keep them, hence why they only made it a free trial later on.

> It’s doubtful that these maps will be free anytime soon. Aren’t they still charging for the Reach DLC maps?

The last Halo 3 map pack isn’t even free lol

I paid for the last one, they owe me a freebee…

But I learned from Halo Reach never forge DLC. I had two of my DLC forges get into MM in Reach and I never got to play them because they never came up for me…

> Maybe they could do something like what happened in Halo 3 with how the they made the heroic map pack free after a few months.

Then why buy it? Just wait until it is free, then you will get it when EVERYONE else does… It doesn’t do any good to have the DLC when most people don’t.

I have seen the map pack once outside of the Crimson playlist and that was when it was free for everyone. DLC fail once again.

I see crimson maps all the time when I play.

I know Harvest is showing up as an option in Team Slayer recently, not sure if its because of the Infinity Challenge though.

they show up if every one in the MM vote has the dlc

I have the Limited Edition (regretfully) so have the maps. I’m saying what’s the point if you never get to play them?

It was the same for Reach, I don’t recall seeing them come up in the normal playlists whatsoever.

If they released the multi-map packs free they could charge for Season 2 of Spartan Ops instead. LE and map pass owners get a “free” pass to the Season 2 Spartan Ops instead.

If you are thinking about buying it, in my opinion I cannot endorse it as I never see it in multiplayer besides the DLC playlist.