Unit tier list II

Did one of these a while back, thought I’d give it another crack now that game balance has shifted so much. There are so many units now I’m sure I’ll forget some but here goes:

Units inside each tier are in no particular order

Tier S
Hornets
Marauders
Cryotroopers
Flamethrowers

Tier A
Warthogs
Nightingales
Choppers

Tier B
Goliaths
Snipers
Marines
(Atriox) jump brutes
Banshees
Engineers
Wolverines
Kodiaks
Vultures

Tier C
Grunts
Grizzlies/Scorps
Hunters
Reavers
Sui grunts

Tier D
New vordius unit things
Cyclops
Frostravens
Elite rangers
Locust

Tier E
Cannon fodder
Methane wagons
Blisterbacks
Scarab
Shrouds

I think Suicide Grunts are worthy of S Tier. They’re arguably the most cost effective unit in the game.

Methane Wagons are super good. Grunts deal 20% and take 20% more damage and have an ability where the enemies take a good amount of damage and take even more damage is bad? Have you played Yapyap to truly rate the unit?

Reading this list had me like:

Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.

> 2533274812650916;4:
> Reading this list had me like:
>
>
>
>
>
> Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.

Just a friendly reminder to please change your name to Viper Gif Skills.

I agree with you, though.

Suicide Grunts are amazing; hilariously effective. Methane Wagons and Shrouds are both a touch on the expensive side, but they’re definitely not bad units.

Choppers are certainly the best scout unit currently and have their uses, especially in team games. But, I don’t know how to compare them to Banshees due to each unit being used at different stages in the game. I think Choppers may be more useful because they can help cancel out heros and anti infantry in the early game, while Banshees are really only effective when massed. Idk, tough comparison.

> 2533274812650916;4:
> Reading this list had me like:
>
>
>
>
>
> Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.

Viper, for too long I’ve ignored your message. This Sunday, we Grifball to change your name!

Side note, Suicides are god tier

> 2533274869891714;5:
> > 2533274812650916;4:
> > Reading this list had me like:
> >
> > Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.
>
> Just a friendly reminder to please change your name to Viper Gif Skills.
>
> I agree with you, though.
>
> Suicide Grunts are amazing; hilariously effective. Methane Wagons and Shrouds are both a touch on the expensive side, but they’re definitely not bad units.
>
> Choppers are certainly the best scout unit currently and have their uses, especially in team games. But, I don’t know how to compare them to Banshees due to each unit being used at different stages in the game. I think Choppers may be more useful because they can help cancel out heros and anti infantry in the early game, while Banshees are really only effective when massed. Idk, tough comparison.

I think it’s a fairly easy comparison. In the current meta choppers are pretty bad and cost way too much to make useful. Chops are, what, 245 and 15 power? Really expensive for the point in the game where they are most relevant. Banshees never fall off and are a solid pick as soon as you get access to them. I mean, they’re not great against infantry. Horrible, even.

But the fact a core unit can become a hard counter? Too good to throw down below a unit that is only relevant for 5 minutes.

> 2533274927740213;6:
> > 2533274812650916;4:
> > Reading this list had me like:
> >
> > Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.
>
> Viper, for too long I’ve ignored your message. This Sunday, we Grifball to change your name!
>
> Side note, Suicides are god tier

I was on the Grifball court last weekend waiting for you. See? This was me looking for you.

> 2533274812650916;8:
> > 2533274927740213;6:
> > > 2533274812650916;4:
> > > Reading this list had me like:
> > >
> > > Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.
> >
> > Viper, for too long I’ve ignored your message. This Sunday, we Grifball to change your name!
> >
> > Side note, Suicides are god tier
>
> I was on the Grifball court last weekend waiting for you. See? This was me looking for you.

I have no excuse but that I forgot. Not this week. The anticipation ends now.

Viper Skills and BreezyStarfish1 I would gladly spectate the match haha

> 2533274812650916;7:
> > 2533274869891714;5:
> > > 2533274812650916;4:
> > > Reading this list had me like:
> > >
> > > Like… suis, shrouds, and methane wagons all that low? Choppers considered better than banshees? I mean to each his own I guess.
> >
> > Just a friendly reminder to please change your name to Viper Gif Skills.
> >
> > I agree with you, though.
> >
> > Suicide Grunts are amazing; hilariously effective. Methane Wagons and Shrouds are both a touch on the expensive side, but they’re definitely not bad units.
> >
> > Choppers are certainly the best scout unit currently and have their uses, especially in team games. But, I don’t know how to compare them to Banshees due to each unit being used at different stages in the game. I think Choppers may be more useful because they can help cancel out heros and anti infantry in the early game, while Banshees are really only effective when massed. Idk, tough comparison.
>
> I think it’s a fairly easy comparison. In the current meta choppers are pretty bad and cost way too much to make useful. Chops are, what, 245 and 15 power? Really expensive for the point in the game where they are most relevant. Banshees never fall off and are a solid pick as soon as you get access to them. I mean, they’re not great against infantry. Horrible, even.
>
> But the fact a core unit can become a hard counter? Too good to throw down below a unit that is only relevant for 5 minutes.

Scouts aren’t in a good spot, I’m not gonna deny that, lol.

I may be slightly bias because my friends and I use a build in ranked 3’s that utilizes Choppers, and we have yet to lose doing it. Moreover, most of our games seem to end before Banshees ever reach critical mass and become a threat at all.

All in all, you’re probably right. Banshees are the better unit, I personally just use/see Choppers more.

are marines that bad? i have them in my comp every single game even lategame!