UNIT POPULATION SIZE.

For the game many people think that there are not enough units and need bigger battles. But when you can upgrade your unit size it is shown as **Combat Reinforcements 1.**The big part of the is the 1. In the full game you will have many combat reinforcements.
While having a bigger army slot is good I do feel that some of the units pop counts are to high. For example: Warthogs have a pop count of 5. they should have a pop count of 3 because they have 3 people to operate. Hornets should be 3. Vultures maybe 6. Hunters 2. While this may lower the max pop number it will keep the same amount of units on the screen when you are maxed out.
While counter units pop sizes are very high the principle above should still apply. Hunters are very strong counter units but take up to much population. Currently 4 hunters can kill a max population of tanks. This is not realistic and does not apply to the other halo games. maybe a smaller pop count (2) and more hunters would make be better. This apply’s to most counter units because they are so strong they should not be nerfed just changed.

Many of my points are for I Dominant I because he is a really strong youtuber and i want to spread some of these thoughts.

Agree

I totally agree. While playing the beta I found weird how most of the units had unrealistic pop count. I mean the warthog for example.

I really -really- hope that there’s higher population limit in the full game. In Deathmatch it hardly feels like a “war”, more like a handful of vehicles getting annihilated by commander abilities. Want to launch a simultaneous attack on two bases? Too bad, you’ll never be able to have enough troops for that. Want a diverse, yet large army? Too bad, 8 scorpions is your entire army.

I hope there is a way to increase the cap, even if it’s only up to 80 or something like that. The battles would be a bit bigger, but not so much so that it becomes impossible to handle.

> 2533274800685466;5:
> I hope there is a way to increase the cap, even if it’s only up to 80 or something like that. The battles would be a bit bigger, but not so much so that it becomes impossible to handle.

I’m pretty sure in the full game the unit cap will be up to 120.
Combat Reinforcements 1 - 80
Combat Reinforcements 2 - 100
Combat Reinforcements 3 - 120

120 relative to how much pop space units now take up is the same as Halo Wars 1 was by default.
120 for Halo Wars 2 is like 40 for Halo Wars 1, in the Covies/Banished case they can build more since their units cost less pop (A grunt squad is only 2 pop as opposed to a marine squad which is 3 pop).

Let us say we only build marines in the UNSC case once we have 120, that gives us 40 marines. Same as Halo Wars 1.
How about grunts? That gives us 60 grunt squads.

Only thing is now you gotta upgrade to get that.

> 2533274878005133;6:
> > 2533274800685466;5:
> > I hope there is a way to increase the cap, even if it’s only up to 80 or something like that. The battles would be a bit bigger, but not so much so that it becomes impossible to handle.
>
>
> I’m pretty sure in the full game the unit cap will be up to 120.
> Combat Reinforcements 1 - 80
> Combat Reinforcements 2 - 100
> Combat Reinforcements 3 - 120
>
> 120 relative to how much pop space units now take up is the same as Halo Wars 1 was by default.
> 120 for Halo Wars 2 is like 40 for Halo Wars 1, in the Covies/Banished case they can build more since their units cost less pop (A grunt squad is only 2 pop as opposed to a marine squad which is 3 pop).
>
> Let us say we only build marines in the UNSC case once we have 120, that gives us 40 marines. Same as Halo Wars 1.
> How about grunts? That gives us 60 grunt squads.
>
> Only thing is now you gotta upgrade to get that.

But they teased “bigger battles” a lot when like that it would be the same as the original and you have to upgrade to get it that way, doesn’t really seem like bigger battles to me.

> 2533274833906392;7:
> > 2533274878005133;6:
> > > 2533274800685466;5:
> > > I hope there is a way to increase the cap, even if it’s only up to 80 or something like that. The battles would be a bit bigger, but not so much so that it becomes impossible to handle.
> >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure in the full game the unit cap will be up to 120.
> > Combat Reinforcements 1 - 80
> > Combat Reinforcements 2 - 100
> > Combat Reinforcements 3 - 120
> >
> > 120 relative to how much pop space units now take up is the same as Halo Wars 1 was by default.
> > 120 for Halo Wars 2 is like 40 for Halo Wars 1, in the Covies/Banished case they can build more since their units cost less pop (A grunt squad is only 2 pop as opposed to a marine squad which is 3 pop).
> >
> > Let us say we only build marines in the UNSC case once we have 120, that gives us 40 marines. Same as Halo Wars 1.
> > How about grunts? That gives us 60 grunt squads.
> >
> > Only thing is now you gotta upgrade to get that.
>
>
> But they teased “bigger battles” a lot when like that it would be the same as the original and you have to upgrade to get it that way, doesn’t really seem like bigger battles to me.

I know and I agree. I really do still hope they change it and make it bigger, because at the moment it starts off as less than the original and you have to upgrade to get to the amount of the original game (however this time around it seems the Banished can have more units than the covies could in HW 1).

It is a beta so things could change, we’ll see.

Agreed, the beta seems smaller than the first. Hope it’s only a beta thing and not like this for the full game.