Unit group speed.

I do not like the feature that your units in a group move at the speed of the slowest unit. Is there a way a toggle could be added for this? I’d just like all units to move at their given speed regardless of being in a group.

Cycle through your unit group with right trigger and individually issue waypoints. It takes a little bit longer to give the commands but all you units will travel at their own speed.

hey you need use your skills to move.

Either select individual units or cycle through them once you’ve selected them all.

I’d like the ability to toggle it, especially on PC where it’s much more manageable to control all the units… but generally it’s a lot more micro work to keep units together than to separate out some faster ones to rush somewhere so I think they chose right for the default on XBox.

> 2535466620062720;1:
> I do not like the feature that your units in a group move at the speed of the slowest unit. Is there a way a toggle could be added for this? I’d just like all units to move at their given speed regardless of being in a group.

Welcome to halo wars.

> 2533274802149432;6:
> > 2535466620062720;1:
> > I do not like the feature that your units in a group move at the speed of the slowest unit. Is there a way a toggle could be added for this? I’d just like all units to move at their given speed regardless of being in a group.
>
> Welcome to halo wars.

Meh. If a feature exists that only makes the game unnecessarily more micro intensive what’s the point? And does any one like this feature (be honest)?

This “group moves at the speed of the slowest unit” is a hold over from Age of Empires, but in that game you could actually put your units into various formations where the more vulnerable units could be protected. Given that there aren’t formations in this game it’s a pretty pointless feature. If anything it puts fast (often lightly armored units) more at risk during a mass retreat. And that’s the thing of it too. If you are trying to get your army away from an AOE attack, ultimate unit, or just a bad situation there’s not going to be time to cycle through all of them before they start getting wiped out.

At the very least I don’t see why they couldn’t just add a toggle for this.

> 2535466620062720;7:
> Meh. If a feature exists that only makes the game unnecessarily more micro intensive what’s the point? And does any one like this feature (be honest)?

The average person who plays this game on XBox is going to have very little experience playing RTS, and is not going to constantly micro different unit types. If all units moved at their top speed, a random player who selects all units and clicks on a base/enemy army is going to have their army arrive in stages and get destroyed piecemeal. Suggesting it’s completely pointless and irrational choice is just wrong.

Neither method is perfect, it obviously has downsides such as avoiding AoE and sub-optimal retreating as you mentioned, but it’s easily defensible to let extra micro gain those smaller advantages than be necessary for basic efficient engagements. And the lack of auto-formations doesn’t stop you from doing a little key positioning yourself before moving out which will be maintained.

That said, as I already posted I’d personally want the toggle as well. Or the ability to map them to separate keys on PC.

may be have double tap “x” to move at their top speed? Just an idea. It is just annoying when u have a large group…