Unidentified ship that landed on 04 - Origin?

So I would like to ask: Who or what is this ship? It doesn’t look like human or Forerunner.

My instinct says it’s related to the flood.
Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it’s a lost ship from the Ancient Human Empire?

Four possibilities

Precusor ship full of flood containers (who were destroyed during the crash)

Ancient Human Warship

Forerunner Ship

A ship of unknown origin from outside Solar system, from an unknown race.

It kind of looks like a Reaper. o_O

> It kind of looks like a Reaper. o_O

Relevant

Think I do know is that Guilty Spark was unable to crack the distress signal as he didn’t have any reference in his data banks. This probably means it’s from a race that the Forerunners haven’t discovered.

Uh…it’s a reaper…duh

Payback to Bioware for putting the autumn in ME2

The Autumn was in Mass Effect 2? Where?

[deleted]

> > Think I do know is that Guilty Spark was unable to crack the distress signal as he didn’t have any reference in his data banks. This probably means it’s from a race that the Forerunners haven’t discovered.
>
> Or just that their language only emerged after reseeding.

Guilty Spark and the Sentinels, etc were able to figure out English (which has definitely not been around for 100,000 years) via root languages and some weird form of etymology extrapolation.

Since this species had no common language roots, the Forerunners probably never encountered them before, or they didn’t think them to be too relevant and were ignored.

In terminal 5 when 343GS is analysing the distress signal from the unknown ship you see strange symbols (as we all know).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zj68_95Jnk&t=1m22s

There is a campaign screen shot with those symbols in halo 4 (this is not a leak but may be considered a bit of a spoiler to some people)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zj68_95Jnk&t=1m22s

And i also noticed that some of those symbol appear at the start of every terminal in halo anniversary

> So I would like to ask: Who or what is this ship? It doesn’t look like human or Forerunner.
>
> My instinct says it’s related to the flood.
> Anyone have any ideas? Maybe it’s a lost ship from the Ancient Human Empire?
>
> http://www.halopedia.org/Unidentified_alien_vessel

I was thinking that myself because the symbols at the end translate to the word “Earth” and the atmosphere is almost exact to the atmosphere on the ring, just like earth. But if it was an ancient human ship 343GS would have been able to identify it.

With any luck, it’ll remain just that- a mystery. Halo can be a bit irksome like this: setting us up these big mysteries then blowing them. Personally, I’d have liked the big villain in Halo 4 to be something totally out of left-field, an extra-galactic race that had little knowledge of the Forerunners, to keep that air of sacred mystery about them.

> The Autumn was in Mass Effect 2? Where?

in the shipyard after the omega 4 relay. You can see it during the dogfight scenes

> With any luck, it’ll remain just that- a mystery. Halo can be a bit irksome like this: setting us up these big mysteries then blowing them. Personally, I’d have liked the big villain in Halo 4 to be something totally out of left-field, an extra-galactic race that had little knowledge of the Forerunners, to keep that air of sacred mystery about them.

I know what you mean. At first Halo felt totally different. You had no idea about the forerunners and so many other different things that nearly everything was shrouded with mysteries and questions. Now we know a lot more which isn’t bad but doesn’t have the same effect. I know if we didn’t have answers I would be desperate for them.

I hope you are right and that it will be another mystery yet to be discovered.

> > The Autumn was in Mass Effect 2? Where?
>
> in the shipyard after the omega 4 relay. You can see it during the dogfight scenes

Haha I always thought of it as a precursor (LOL) to a Mass Effect-Halo crossover . :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > The Autumn was in Mass Effect 2? Where?
> >
> > in the shipyard after the omega 4 relay. You can see it during the dogfight scenes
>
> Haha I always thought of it as a precursor (LOL) to a Mass Effect-Halo crossover . :stuck_out_tongue:

would not be that funny…the UNSC would ROTFL-STOMP the alliance and the council forces with nearly no problem

There, not very high quality but it’s there