Unhelpful team mates

You know those blips on your heads up display? It shows friendlies, Help them! When it changes colour it mean they are under attack, cover them so they can take cover and recharge shields!! When a friendly covers you so you can take cover and recharge your sheilds, don’t keep running away leaving your friendly 1 against 2+!!! Team work! Hence the playlist is aptly named team slayer!!! !!

Only to be called a lame no-life kill stealer? No no. Team is actually an easier way of saying “FFA with players of a certain color you do not get points for killing”.

Just kidding.

When I play any team game I do try to keep up with players who according to me make sound tactical choices. However there are quite a few instances where that doesn’t happen.

An issue with helping out a player is that they may not be aware of you helping them, if there’s no communication, and with randoms there seldom is. Other than to insult and blame of course.

Getting players to communicate would increase the rate of being helped by many-folds.

I think its a lack of knowledge and team attitude. A small tutorial on tactical movement and engagement would do wonders, comms are more advance tactics I think. Like move as a team in a diamond formation, engaged friendly is the ball, protect the ball.

> 2533274819515130;1:
> You know those blips on your heads up display? It shows friendlies, Help them! When it changes colour it mean they are under attack, cover them so they can take cover and recharge shields!! When a friendly covers you so you can take cover and recharge your sheilds, don’t keep running away leaving your friendly 1 against 2+!!! Team work! Hence the playlist is aptly named team slayer!!! !!

sounds like u had the same night I did !!

> 2533274819515130;1:
> You know those blips on your heads up display? It shows friendlies, Help them! When it changes colour it mean they are under attack, cover them so they can take cover and recharge shields!! When a friendly covers you so you can take cover and recharge your sheilds, don’t keep running away leaving your friendly 1 against 2+!!! Team work! Hence the playlist is aptly named team slayer!!! !!

You cannot expect every gamer playing Halo 5 to be an amazing team player. You have to understand the skill gap there is between the players of Halo 5. Communication is a key factor in Halo 5 and maybe that can be another way for you to make ‘call outs’ to teammates when in need.

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Only to be called a lame no-life kill stealer? No no. Team is actually an easier way of saying “FFA with players of a certain color you do not get points for killing”.
>
> Just kidding.

Actually, you aren’t wrong. Lol
Too many people online in Team Slayer kinda just roam around alone, at least it happens when I play. Same in Firefight. Too many people just do their own thing, and most of them don’t even do a good job, ESPECIALLY when they are by themselves.

Welcome to Halo (or other FPS), I hope you enjoy your stay.

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Only to be called a lame no-life kill stealer? No no. Team is actually an easier way of saying “FFA with players of a certain color you do not get points for killing”.
>
> Just kidding.
>
> When I play any team game I do try to keep up with players who according to me make sound tactical choices. However there are quite a few instances where that doesn’t happen.
>
> An issue with helping out a player is that they may not be aware of you helping them, if there’s no communication, and with randoms there seldom is. Other than to insult and blame of course.
>
> Getting players to communicate would increase the rate of being helped by many-folds.

Exactly that…

Jk though lol. When I play though I make out callouts even if my teammates don’t have mics, it still help :wink:

> 2533274795123910;2:

That’s funny !

If by blip, you mean the “Beacon” that can be triggered by pressing up on the D-pad, then thats a good way to tell teammates that you need help.

Team work is lacking but I’ve seen that in most every game I’ve played online. I think a good start to developing that team work attitude again would be for people to start putting their mics back on. Who cares if you have to deal with trolls? How about trying to not be so dang sensitive over what some worthless turd said to you? lol I never play without one and I’ll make call-outs all day even if no one else has a mic. Depending on the game and situation I try to run back to team mates or stay with one and run with them when I see them. Up the chances for survival in a shoot out. If I’m playing an objective game like CTF I’ll always run towards the carrier to protect and distract opponents. It just makes sense. Unless of course I’m trying to find their carrier so I have to make a decision. Go for the kill or protect? Score has a lot to do with which way I decide to go though.

My personal hate is players that don’t make callouts but will use their mic only to give out at tell teammates they are crap or complain. Why would anyone do that?

Pub players will do what pub players do. Each and everyone of them has their own agenda. Your mistake was assuming a random player will help you.

The only way you will get good teamwork is if you get lucky with a good group of randoms, or if you play with a good team.

Sometimes it happens that teamamtes help you without the intention to steal your kill.

> 2535408730995228;14:
> Sometimes it happens that teamamtes help you without the intention to steal your kill.

“Sometimes”

All I play is with randoms and I care about my team winning way more than worry about a teammate “getting credit for the kill”. I used to play lone wolf style, but have recently switched to shadowing a player if they appear to be struggling. Haven’t been sent any nasty messages yet about stealing people’s kills…dang, is that really a thing? Like, do the majority of random players who are about to die think I’m just swooping in to steal their kill when my intentions are to prevent them from dying? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure why but I feel like teamwork is getting more and more uncommon nowadays. Usually in Halo 5, my teammates don’t seem to be aware of what’s going on around them but every one in awhile, I’ll get a whole team of people who actually seem experienced.

Its a team game so there should be no such thing as kill steals. All 4 players should be working toward a common goal. 50 team kills is a win. having a personal score of 20 and 4 sucks if your team loses. I’d much rather have a score of 6 and 10 with double digit assists if it helped my team win. its hard to get a good team attitude working when you play with all random but you can usually set a pretty good example and probably make some friends if you encourage team play.

Very annoying when you have rando’s that just sit in a corner and don’t help… like your teammates are obviously in a fight, push in and help them out!

Being selfish, in many cases, is the best thing you can do… try to snag as many kills as you can. Either way, you’re benefiting you and your team’s cause. Every engagement won is always one more kill/one less death for your team…

> 2533274861074099;8:
> > 2533274795123910;2:
> > Only to be called a lame no-life kill stealer? No no. Team is actually an easier way of saying “FFA with players of a certain color you do not get points for killing”.
> >
> > Just kidding.
> >
> > When I play any team game I do try to keep up with players who according to me make sound tactical choices. However there are quite a few instances where that doesn’t happen.
> >
> > An issue with helping out a player is that they may not be aware of you helping them, if there’s no communication, and with randoms there seldom is. Other than to insult and blame of course.
> >
> > Getting players to communicate would increase the rate of being helped by many-folds.
>
>
> Exactly that…
>
> Jk though lol. When I play though I make out callouts even if my teammates don’t have mics, it still help :wink:

first time that actually worked for me, i kinda ranted over the mic during a wz game today and expected to be trolled, by some miracle it actually prompted my team to buck up and win the match.