Unfortunate and Unavoidable WZFF Problem

So I just finished a game of WZFF where we got to round 3 and lost. I looked at the scoreboard, I was the top guy with 70 kills, the guys in 2nd and 3rd had around 45, and it drastically dropped from there. I only called in one REQ the entire game, and it was a standard Wraith (I lived a really long time). At first I was kind of mad that my teammates maybe weren’t trying, or they were being stingy and not calling in REQs when we definitely could have used them, but then I took a moment to look at their SR.

I was playing with people who were between levels SR8 and SR20, and I realized they simply don’t have any REQs to use, it’s as simple as that. And it’s unfortunate and unavoidable. You can’t just tell someone not to play a gamemode if they want to play it, even if they don’t have the materials to do so in an efficient manner. Yeah it sucks, but what can you do? WZFF takes a team of 8 people who need to all be pulling their weight, but in reality some people just can’t, because they don’t have the REQ stash that higher level players have.

It’s kind of a bummer man, and there’s nothing that can really be done about it.

I played a game with randoms and got 83 kills. They got less than 20 each. And some with less than 10. But they were level 60s and 40s…

That is why I said there really needs to be two firefight playlist… mythic which plays as it does now and just firefight which would be more like the beta version. That way lower level players with not as many reqs have a better chance at being successful.

> 2533274944621319;2:
> I played a game with randoms and got 83 kills. They got less than 20 each. And some with less than 10. But they were level 60s and 40s…

That’s another unavoidable problem. Some people just suck.

I am guessing it’s the halo 5 play days, people are trying the game out for a few days, should be over soon, unless they buy the game, but I doubt that most who havnt played by now will buy.

I can top that,

Couple games recently I noticed 2 people just running around, not shooting or anything, pretty much afk, just tea bagging until they got killed :confused:

> 2533274821761464;1:
> So I just finished a game of WZFF where we got to round 3 and lost. I looked at the scoreboard, I was the top guy with 70 kills, the guys in 2nd and 3rd had around 45, and it drastically dropped from there. I only called in one REQ the entire game, and it was a standard Wraith (I lived a really long time). At first I was kind of mad that my teammates maybe weren’t trying, or they were being stingy and not calling in REQs when we definitely could have used them, but then I took a moment to look at their SR.
>
> I was playing with people who were between levels SR8 and SR20, and I realized they simply don’t have any REQs to use, it’s as simple as that. And it’s unfortunate and unavoidable. You can’t just tell someone not to play a gamemode if they want to play it, even if they don’t have the materials to do so in an efficient manner. Yeah it sucks, but what can you do? WZFF takes a team of 8 people who need to all be pulling their weight, but in reality some people just can’t, because they don’t have the REQ stash that higher level players have.
>
> It’s kind of a bummer man, and there’s nothing that can really be done about it.

Too true. It’s ridiculous. The way firefight stands right now, there is nothing you can do to win unless most players are rolling in the right reqs.

So far I’ve only beat certain rounds when I spawn a Phaeton Helios or Hannibal vehicle. If I don’t do that, we lose. It’s ridiculous. Right now the game mode is just a blackhole for reqs, AND THEN YOU DON’T EVEN WIN. Its impossibly hard AND ITS A CO-OP PvE MODE. I’ve noticed people start to quit as soon as they see the “impossible” rounds.

The way this game mode is right now does not make any sense. I don’t know how they got this through to release. This whole promotion with the game being free for a week, with the 50% off purchase price… its going to flop… which is unfortunate. I want this game to do well, and I want more people to love halo like I do. WZFF is going to scare off so many potential customers. RIP.

> 2535426829302733;6:
> I can top that,
>
> Couple games recently I noticed 2 people just running around, not shooting or anything, pretty much afk, just tea bagging until they got killed :confused:

I hear ya. I played 2 games like that in a row. Guys had no idea what they were doing.

Agreed, I’m burning through my ONI mantises/scorpions to pick up the slack for lower level players and majority of the time I still don’t win. I reckon people at the top of scoreboard should be heavily rewarded in comparison to the bottom half.

To be fair, I’m stingy on my reqs as well unless I absolutely have to use them. In some matches where it’s a flat ground, defeat x targets, I just spawn a standard ghost and mow down as many as I can before I die.

It’s not that I don’t have the reqs to waste, it’s just that I weigh up the value of each req compared to how much time is left, what the round is, what the next round is, how dead the boss is or how far through the objective we are. If it’s a defend the base, you can be damn sure I’m not going to spawn a tank or banshee, at best I’ll spawn a ghost or a rocket to clear out some of the enemies or take out that bloody phaeton on Arc.

I’m a strategic player, not a req/res hoarder. If I see we already have 2 tanks on the field, I’m not going to be that one guy who spawns a 3rd tank for no reason other than “lulz moar fyrepowah!”. If anything I’d spawn a Banshee, or maybe even a Laser to help take down the boss, or spawn a harassment vehicle or weapon to chip away shields or health of a boss, or mow down a bunch of ads that will destroy those tanks.

Yes, I understand that lower levels don’t have as many reqs to throw around, hell, I didn’t have an overabundance of reqs until I hit Rank 30. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t trying their best to play strategically.