Unfair MM matchups?

Anyone being matched with players that are 10 and 20 levels above you in Infinity Slayer? Its been happening to me all day I swear

Most of the unfair matches are because of full party gets matched against team of randoms.

They should make it so in matchmaking, a full party should prioritize finding another party to for them to match against, and randoms against randoms.

What level range are we talking about? Because if you’re talking about like, them only being in the mid 30s or something…yeah, thats what a majority of players are probably at right now. Most people aren’t in the lower levels for very long because you level through them so fast. (I mean hell. I still get 2k xp on BAD games.) So if you’re low…thats one reason you won’t find many other low.

Of course, rank isn’t a trueskill anymore, it’s just ‘How many matches have you played’ essentially…

OH, correction on my first comment. I’m actually level 16 being matched with 20s and 30s. Oops.

Both these ideas, theories, facts, whatever you wanna call them, actually sound pretty viable. I just wanted to know what other people had to think.

Thanks!

I really wouldn’t worry about the levels of other players. most of the time that just signifies how long they’ve been playing the game, and has no bearing on how good they are at it.

don’t judge the players until you start seeing them in action.

> I really wouldn’t worry about the levels of other players. most of the time that just signifies how long they’ve been playing the game, and has no bearing on how good they are at it.
>
> don’t judge the players until you start seeing them in action.

Yep, I agree with this.

If the system is doing its job correctly, it should be matching you to players with similar skill, which does NOT necessarily mean similar rank.

> > I really wouldn’t worry about the levels of other players. most of the time that just signifies how long they’ve been playing the game, and has no bearing on how good they are at it.
> >
> > don’t judge the players until you start seeing them in action.
>
> Yep, I agree with this.
>
> If the system is doing its job correctly, it should be matching you to players with similar skill, which does NOT necessarily mean similar rank.

I think players would feel more comfortable if the game was giving us some visible skill rank instead of just saying “Trust us, you’re just as good.”

why are you complaining about rank, im just a sr22 because this ranking system doesnt mean -Yoink-. You can tell a ranking system sucks when you get XP for playing campaign ( i.e. Halo:Reach garbage rank remake ). Ive went into MM and raped SR 30+, so whats your argument, until the competitive ranking system comes out there will be no trueskill so suck it up kid and get some skill

Not like this system of progression matters anyways. A SR-2 has just as good as a chance on beating a SR-50. While in h3 a Skill 1 would never beat a skill 50. :confused:

I thought this was going to be about being in a party with 4 people in a 5v5 playlist and you get stuck playing 4v5 the whole game. I lost a KOTH game today because we got matched against another party that had 5 player when we only had 4, apparently that’s close enough for the matchmaking system so we lost even though we totally out-slayed the other team. Twas a shame.

the system matches you with players of similar SKILL not SR level. There is a ranking/skill level system that goes on in the background and records how you are doing. Once 343 irons out all the bugs, and polishes it up, your actual skill level will be shown in the ranking (ladder) system.

Right now, your SR Level doesn’t mean much at all.

> Anyone being matched with players that are 10 and 20 levels above you in Infinity Slayer? Its been happening to me all day I swear

Lol what. Current LV system has nothing to do with unfair, it’s just based on who plays the most same as in Reach. If it where trueskill Levels then yes it would clearly be uneven.