Unfair match-ups?

I’m in H5 right now and the other team assaulted our only capture point and they are just sitting there.

Yep, the ranking system doesn’t work…

The what?..lol. i agree 100% there is no balancing in my opinion.

Is this a GIT GUD thread? or is this a subliminal farming thread?

> 2533274826443777;3:
> The what?..lol. i agree 100% there is no balancing in my opinion.

It’s weird because it’s like the system works on an individual basis… like I will grind for my personal rank and it feels justified.

Yet with the MM imbalances and match-ups, it’s like my personal rank doesn’t necessarily mean the same as someone else’s (similar) rank. Like I get all the way to Onyx and then I’m owned by a team of Diamonds and Platinums on occasion, or someone else who earned Onyx plays really poorly and it’s like “how in the world did they earn Onyx?” Lol

I don’t get it…

there does seem to be stuff that impacts it but your rank doesn’t seem to be a major factor. My personal theory is that the system automatically thinks if you are in a fireteam that you have an unfair advantage or something. I’ve had so many games where me and my friend (both ranked Platinum normally) and SOOOO often we are placed with horrible people against way better ranked individuals. I’ve literally had games where its me/friend with 2 unranked people against Onyx ranked people, worst might have been 2 onyx, 1 platinum, and 1 diamond.

My one more random theory, the one that makes me feel awesome/I’m a better player, is that the game is actually viewing your skill based off statistics (high accuracy, high numbers of reversals, and other stats that mark higher skill within the game), thus why constantly loosing doesn’t match me/my friend with better teammates. Even though we often loose I will say I’ve noticed we personally do fine even in those games where our team gets wrecked. Thus even though the onyx players win all the time they just happened to be lucky with teams or regularly play with full teams (no randos) and stats wise they are considered equal to me/my regularly teammate.

More times than not it’s not so much a rank difference or a skill difference, but rather a party vs individuals difference. There are no systems in Halo 5 that ensure parties get matched against parties. Not saying rank disparities don’t exist because they do, but Halo 5 is far more about teamwork than individual skill.

> 2533274812650916;7:
> More times than not it’s not so much a rank difference or a skill difference, but rather a party vs individuals difference. There are no systems in Halo 5 that ensure parties get matched against parties. Not saying rank disparities don’t exist because they do, but Halo 5 is far more about teamwork than individual skill.

I agree the parties can have an impact, 2 people who aren’t as good working together can overcome a skill gap of a much better player. However at the same time 4 people of better skill working alone will still generally beat a team of 2 good people together and 2 people who don’t understand how to jump…no seriously I got a CTF game where my teammate couldn’t figure out how to jump up to the flag capture allowing the enemy time to come in/kill him. Also I’ve won games where I single-handedly got over half my teams kills or captures (both CTF and Strongholds) so in general I don’t know how important team work really is in halo unless you have an amazing team. Just the lack of radar differentiation of fireteam members vs other team members show the game actually doesn’t put that much thought into team work (something other online team based shooters had when Halo CE was new…). So at best I’d say this Halo is no more team oriented or “about teamwork” than any other Halo game.

I was hoping that since it doesn’t seem to be month long seasons the games ranks would actually start to work better but no luck it seems. IDK what they need to do but I remember older halos games ranking system actually seemed to work/put you with closer skill level players.

One thing with the ranking in general is that you can’t rank up unless you win, I could go 4:13 but there’s that one dude that goes 12:4 and it makes us lose. What can I do to actually rank up, nothing!

> 2533274812650916;7:
> More times than not it’s not so much a rank difference or a skill difference, but rather a party vs individuals difference. There are no systems in Halo 5 that ensure parties get matched against parties. Not saying rank disparities don’t exist because they do, but Halo 5 is far more about teamwork than individual skill.

This could have something to do with it… I’d still say individual skill is a big factor in 1v1 encounters though.

> 2533274873580796;10:
> > 2533274812650916;7:
> > More times than not it’s not so much a rank difference or a skill difference, but rather a party vs individuals difference. There are no systems in Halo 5 that ensure parties get matched against parties. Not saying rank disparities don’t exist because they do, but Halo 5 is far more about teamwork than individual skill.
>
>
> This could have something to do with it… I’d still say individual skill is a big factor in 1v1 encounters though.

When all things are equal then skill is the major factor but H5 is not about making things equal.

I personally think the ranking system should be based on individual skill even if it is a team game. I could go 0 - 30 in all my placement games but as long as my team carries me and wins them all I could get a decently high rank. I normally place high gold to mid platinum after placement and ive stomped on high rank onyx and diamond players, ive also been stomped on by low rank gold players too. My 2 cents

Dont tell me that son… ever since i started online gaming… 2013… i am getting uneven matches… halo 4,5,reach… its the same thing every time… so i like to play warzone and ffa from now on…