Underage Kids are ruining Halo

I usually don’t rant about everything… And as I go about this rant I’m contradicting myself cause when the first Halo came out… I was underage myself but as Halo changed over the decades… It’s players base has evolved as well and it’s a nightmare in my Opinion. Now I was different when i started playing halo… I was hooked on the story and I own every book and 60% of the comics as we speak… I was and still to this day a Halo fanboy… I go as far to say it’s better than Star Wars (yeah I know)

last time I checked… This game was rated M and we got kids as young as 7-8 trolling on the Mic singing “old McDonald had a farm” it’s very disruptive! And then when it comes to gameplay… Most don’t have the skill and drags the teams down and even worst… We got trolls and grieffers that wants to sabotage the game (thank god for the half -Yoink- banhammer)

it’s very frustrating that parents ignore the M rating on any game and I feel as though something needs to be done about children playing this game…

I think you need to check that rating again.

You have a mute button. Use it. I don’t like kids any more than anyone else does, but you have the tools in hand to put an end to that annoyance.

And incidentally, Halo 5 is rated T.

I get the problem too, but as the above poster mentioned, just mute em. Oh and it is rather nice though to absolutely show off like a -Yoink-ing BOSS to those underage children only to hear them say after the match that they want to team up with me only as I laugh and leave the lobby.

> 2533274823519895;3:
> You have a mute button. Use it. I don’t like kids any more than anyone else does, but you have the tools in hand to put an end to that annoyance.
>
> And incidentally, Halo 5 is rated T.

Smh… Lol you just made that known to me. 343 really must be trying to capitalize on the sales… Cause all the other halo classics were M

Nevertheless…kids in my opinion are worst than tryhards… Tryhards keeps you sharp and help increases one skill

As much as I hate kids…they have always been a part of not only Halo, but XBL since as long as I can remember. That’s why the mute button was invented.

> 2533274848011469;2:
> I think you need to check that rating again.

I can’t like this enough. Haha

Anyways, don’t lump people together op. There are bad young people, but there are also 20somethings whining and moaning and screaming. Everyone is terrible. It’s not exclusive to an age group.

Top thread titles
“Underage kids ruining halo”
“Tryhards ruining halo”
“Quitters ruining halo”
“Warzone farmers ruining halo”
“343 doesn’t listen, ruining halo”
“microtransactions ruining halo”

Yet they all just keep coming back. Maybe…just maybe…Halo isn’t that bad…

> 2535436507442501;7:
> > 2533274848011469;2:
> > I think you need to check that rating again.
>
>
> I can’t like this enough. Haha
>
> Anyways, don’t lump people together op. There are bad young people, but there are also 20somethings whining and moaning and screaming. Everyone is terrible. It’s not exclusive to an age group.

I play with this college kid sometimes (I’m 22, just graduated, I think he’s a year younger than me) and he whines about stuff way more than the little ones do and its honestly just plain annoying. He acts like such a kid and I had to stop playing with him for a while.

Halo is doing good job killing itself so far, and the community is helping with it

> 2533944968931010;8:
> Top thread titles
> “Underage kids ruining halo”
> “Tryhards ruining halo”
> “Quitters ruining halo”
> “Warzone farmers ruining halo”
> “343 doesn’t listen, ruining halo”
> “microtransactions ruining halo”
>
> Yet they all just keep coming back. Maybe…just maybe…Halo isn’t that bad…

What? A positive opinion?! Blasphemy!

> 2560081931056311;9:
> > 2535436507442501;7:
> > > 2533274848011469;2:
> > > I think you need to check that rating again.
> >
> >
> > I can’t like this enough. Haha
> >
> > Anyways, don’t lump people together op. There are bad young people, but there are also 20somethings whining and moaning and screaming. Everyone is terrible. It’s not exclusive to an age group.
>
>
> I play with this college kid sometimes (I’m 22, just graduated, I think he’s a year younger than me) and he whines about stuff way more than the little ones do and its honestly just plain annoying. He acts like such a kid and I had to stop playing with him for a while.

“Like such a kid.” Haha Sorry man. I’m just messing with you man. That’s basically what I’m saying. Whiners whine no matter how old they are.

Rated T for Teen! Anyway kids in halo isn’t new. Don’t call it a come back, they’ve been here for years.

Don’t even get me started on the 20-somethings going “I just shot your -Yoink!-.” and “Eat my greasy balls.” all game. Those children are the worst.

But try hard kids are hilarious

Lol, I love it when little kids sing and stuff. You can always mute them :wink:

This is 343’s fanbase in a nutshell so yeah they are annoying.

I started playing Halo 2 day 1 when it came out I was 13 lol I mean I hear you…But lol…I mean I could care less…I mean looking back I used to be really bad I guess and I mean if you’re playing on a team full young noobs going somewhere around 1-4 play in a party and then if they are loud and obnoxious mute them…I also feel like H5 could use a graphic touch up and a lil more blood and maybe a M rating but I still don’t care it’s still fun.

> 2533944968931010;8:
> Top thread titles
> “Underage kids ruining halo”
> “Tryhards ruining halo”
> “Quitters ruining halo”
> “Warzone farmers ruining halo”
> “343 doesn’t listen, ruining halo”
> “microtransactions ruining halo”
>
> Yet they all just keep coming back. Maybe…just maybe…Halo isn’t that bad…

Sooner or later someone is going to complain that either A) Master Chief is ruining Halo; B) Bungie is ruining Halo even though they have nothing to do with it now; or C) The Halo rings are ruining Halo.

> 2533274835201387;1:
> I usually don’t rant about everything… And as I go about this rant I’m contradicting myself cause when the first Halo came out… I was underage myself but as Halo changed over the decades… It’s players base has evolved as well and it’s a nightmare in my Opinion. Now I was different when i started playing halo… I was hooked on the story and I own every book and 60% of the comics as we speak… I was and still to this day a Halo fanboy… I go as far to say it’s better than Star Wars (yeah I know)
>
> last time I checked… This game was rated M and we got kids as young as 7-8 trolling on the Mic singing “old McDonald had a farm” it’s very disruptive! And then when it comes to gameplay… Most don’t have the skill and drags the teams down and even worst… We got trolls and grieffers that wants to sabotage the game (thank god for the half -Yoink- banhammer)
>
> it’s very frustrating that parents ignore the M rating on any game and I feel as though something needs to be done about children playing this game…

You appear to treat the rating system like many treat the battle riffle, i.e. the one and only thing needed. That in my opinion is terrible parenting. As a parent I use the rating system as an initial guide. I do not rely solely on it to determine what my kids can and cannot play. When my kids want to watch a movie/show or want me to buy a game I take the time to research them. I will watch/play them, check the ratings, read reviews, read about the content in them, etc. to make my determination.

I’m sorry you had to deal with a few annoying kids. Not all parents use the Xbox to babysit their kids. Many of us pay attention to what our kids are doing and teach them how to behave online. Some of my friends’ kids and cousins grew up playing the Halos with us. We never had a problem with them because they were taught how to behave.

Personally I would rather play with a kid making random comments than with some foul mouthed jerk that blames everyone else for what happened to him during the game.

On a side note, I am perfectly fine with any of my kids playing any of the Halo games (ages 5-10). Aside from the occasional bad word during the campaign there is nothing that in these games that concern me. I am more worried about the filth that comes out of people’s mouths online. Thus, my kids can only talk to people online that are on their friends lists. Granted up to this point they only play Halo with me and have not ventured into matchmaking yet (they aren’t quite ready for it).