Unbalanced Weekly Challenges

Anyone else getting sick of unbalanced weekly challenges? Last week we got one that was SUPER easy to do for 30,000 credits. It took me 30 minutes to complete it, with very little trouble. Now this week we get one that takes a LOT of time and effort for only 20,000. Winning 77 games takes a long time, and for a payout that isn’t that much, I hardly see the point.

It may seem like a lot, but it’s really not. Hell, you’d get more credits from actually playing the 77 games then you would from the challenge itself. When you got into the higher ranks, 20,000 becomes absolutely nothing, seeing as how it takes over a million to rank up each time. We need a balance to the weekly challenges so that the payout is equal to the amount of time and effort of the challenge.

They are chosen by a program at complete random, its the way it was programmed.

Yes it seems that you don’t need to do much for a ton of credits on some weekly’s but others require have to try your balls off for a lesser amount of creds.

It’s random though not completely so. After all there are some challenges i’ve never seen before, so it’s safe to assume 343 can create them and possibly retweak the reward to equal the effort?

How many credits are you going to get after 77 combined games, anyway? Sure the amount isn’t that high, but the journey there will give you a lot.

My beef is actually about some of the Daily’s. 3200 for “180 in FF”, but 2000 for “200 in Overlook” (Melee, LASO, at night, OK I’m Rambling). Why would a more restrictive/higher count give FEWER points?

> My beef is actually about some of the Daily’s. 3200 for “180 in FF”, but 2000 for “200 in Overlook” (Melee, LASO, at night, OK I’m Rambling). Why would a more restrictive/higher count give FEWER points?

They are ALL chosen at random by a program.

We understand. The point is that the choices in the engine need to be tweaked so it is restricted to more balanced options. It’s obvious they can change the options of the generator seeing as how they added all these new 343 credit values once they took over.

So this week it is 77 wins for 20000 credits, an entire week spent trying usually in vain to get it, the most i’ve ever gotten is 6 wins in 1 day. That aside what about the daily challenge that rewards you with 10000 credits for 12 wins? Shouldn’t the weekly then be 60-70000 credits to match? This weekly is NOT worth my time. You get mega comms boost for playing the games needed for this weeks’ weekly, but it is not worth the frustration that is likely to follow. Statistically you need to get 11 per day, and if these games last for 10-20 minutes each you’re looking at 4-5 hours a day. With custom challenges, and commendations from other game types and challenges the payout is worth way more than what you’d get grinding this week.

> So this week it is 77 wins for 20000 credits, an entire week spent trying usually in vain to get it, the most i’ve ever gotten is 6 wins in 1 day. That aside what about the daily challenge that rewards you with 10000 credits for 12 wins? Shouldn’t the weekly then be 60-70000 credits to match? This weekly is NOT worth my time. You get mega comms boost for playing the games needed for this weeks’ weekly, but it is not worth the frustration that is likely to follow. Statistically you need to get 11 per day, and if these games last for 10-20 minutes each you’re looking at 4-5 hours a day. With custom challenges, and commendations from other game types and challenges the payout is worth way more than what you’d get grinding this week.

Unfortunately computers don’t think logically.

Let’s say you get 1,000 cR each game. Add at least a 350 slot machine for each game. Multiply that by 77 and you get… 103,950 cR and that’s if you win every game. Plus, you get 20,000 for completing the challenge.

> They are chosen by a program at complete random, its the way it was programmed.

How can you possibly know that?

> > They are chosen by a program at complete random, its the way it was programmed.
>
> How can you possibly know that?

The same reason why the same dailys pop up with different cR payouts, they are ALL random, they are not chosen manually, they can be changed manually once put out, but I don’t believe the cR payout can be.

I hear you, But as Little Moa has already stated, They get chosen at random by the system.
Hence why the daily challenges get repeated alot for different ammount of CR.
Time consuming as hell is this weeks challenge, But i’m already half way there,
My advice?
Grifball is your friend :wink:

PeacE
ShadEO9

> So this week it is 77 wins for 20000 credits, an entire week spent trying usually in vain to get it, the most i’ve ever gotten is 6 wins in 1 day. That aside what about the daily challenge that rewards you with 10000 credits for 12 wins? Shouldn’t the weekly then be 60-70000 credits to match? This weekly is NOT worth my time. You get mega comms boost for playing the games needed for this weeks’ weekly, but it is not worth the frustration that is likely to follow. Statistically you need to get 11 per day, and if these games last for 10-20 minutes each you’re looking at 4-5 hours a day. With custom challenges, and commendations from other game types and challenges the payout is worth way more than what you’d get grinding this week.

I got 29 wins yesterday… =))))

But yeah, weeklys should be worth 30k minimum. (if not higher). 20k is nothing to me.

> > So this week it is 77 wins for 20000 credits, an entire week spent trying usually in vain to get it, the most i’ve ever gotten is 6 wins in 1 day. That aside what about the daily challenge that rewards you with 10000 credits for 12 wins? Shouldn’t the weekly then be 60-70000 credits to match? This weekly is NOT worth my time. You get mega comms boost for playing the games needed for this weeks’ weekly, but it is not worth the frustration that is likely to follow. Statistically you need to get 11 per day, and if these games last for 10-20 minutes each you’re looking at 4-5 hours a day. With custom challenges, and commendations from other game types and challenges the payout is worth way more than what you’d get grinding this week.
>
> I got 29 wins yesterday… =))))
>
> But yeah, weeklys should be worth 30k minimum. (if not higher). 20k is nothing to me.

Let me guess … Grifball? Lol. That’s usually what I play for a challenge like the weekly.

Not 1 game of Grifball lol, mostly Team Slayer/Snipers.

> Not 1 game of Grifball lol, mostly Team Slayer/Snipers.

Danggggggg, that’s a lot of Halo in one day, lol.