Unbalanced Warzone (req levels)

I don’t get why more people don’t complain about req level being unbalanced. (There’s a few but it’s still very slim)

More people complained about halo 4 having camo as a load out but compared to this I think req levels are way worse.

For instance if they get req level advantage how are you meant to keep up with them. If they get br/dmr before us we get out ranged, if they get armour mods before us we can barely put a dent in them, if they get level 7-8 we get 1 shot by things that don’t normally 1 shot.

With armour mods the main issues would be with advanced sensors cause stealth goes straight out the window since they can see you crouched. It wouldn’t be so bad if there was equal access to it.

I really don’t get it with a game that people constantly mention equal starts as much as if it was their mantra why we don’t have equal access to load outs which is basically the same as equal starts. Camo in halo 4 wasnt that big of a deal since it was at least equal access and it wasn’t that op (it was very predictable).

I don’t think turbo is the answer cause the whole fun of warzone is the increase of req levels over time.

yea it does pretty much make it if you have a bad start youre -Yoinked!-

So how would you reward the team winning? What advantage would you give?

edit: also warzone isn’t and was never intended to be equal start based, it’s not arena, it’s not a focus. It’s design is s chaotic mess, forget about balance and equal starts when you have a bloated over redundant weapon system in there. If they do add equal starts, then much if the reqs need to go. It can’t go both ways.

> 2533274962122285;1:
> I don’t get why more people don’t complain about req level being unbalanced. (There’s a few but it’s still very slim)
>
> More people complained about halo 4 having camo as a load out but compared to this I think req levels are way worse.
>
> For instance if they get req level advantage how are you meant to keep up with them. If they get br/dmr before us we get out ranged, if they get armour mods before us we can barely put a dent in them, if they get level 7-8 we get 1 shot by things that don’t normally 1 shot.
>
> With armour mods the main issues would be with advanced sensors cause stealth goes straight out the window since they can see you crouched. It wouldn’t be so bad if there was equal access to it.
>
> I really don’t get it with a game that people constantly mention equal starts as much as if it was their mantra why we don’t have equal access to load outs which is basically the same as equal starts. Camo in halo 4 wasnt that big of a deal since it was at least equal access and it wasn’t that op (it was very predictable).
>
> I don’t think turbo is the answer cause the whole fun of warzone is the increase of req levels over time.

Advanced sensors is actually really good when paired with silenced weapons as you can walk and shoot and not show up on the radar. I use it all the time and end up getting a lot of kills on players that didn’t expect me.

> 2533274923562209;3:
> So how would you reward the team winning? What advantage would you give?
>
> edit: also warzone isn’t and was never intended to be equal start based, it’s not arena, it’s not a focus. It’s design is s chaotic mess, forget about balance and equal starts when you have a bloated over redundant weapon system in there. If they do add equal starts, then much if the reqs need to go. It can’t go both ways.

The winning team doesn’t need an extra reward. That would be like “I see you have a 200 point lead here is an other 200 points”. Though roughly I’d say getting the req advantage on average is worth 200-300 points by the time the req levels balance out and the other team starts crawling back but it’s too late by then.

Why would equal access mean reqs need to go that makes no sence? Are you saying turbo should then have reqs removed?

It wouldn’t change any of the chaos it would just make the chaos equal and not one sided.

> 2533274962122285;5:
> > 2533274923562209;3:
> > So how would you reward the team winning? What advantage would you give?
> >
> > edit: also warzone isn’t and was never intended to be equal start based, it’s not arena, it’s not a focus. It’s design is s chaotic mess, forget about balance and equal starts when you have a bloated over redundant weapon system in there. If they do add equal starts, then much if the reqs need to go. It can’t go both ways.
>
> The winning team doesn’t need an extra reward. That would be like “I see you have a 200 point lead here is an other 200 points”. Though roughly I’d say getting the req advantage on average is worth 200-300 points by the time the req levels balance out and the other team starts crawling back but it’s too late by then.
>
> Why would equal access mean reqs need to go that makes no sence? Are you saying turbo should then have reqs removed?
>
> It wouldn’t change any of the chaos it would just make the chaos equal and not one sided.

Halos only equal on the starts, once you get power weapons that is lost and then you fight for control of those weapons. The winning team is supposed to have an advantage as that’s how they get a lead on the losing team.

In terms of warzone the winning team gets the advantage of getting reqs faster to maintain the lead. If the losing team wants that advantage back they need to attack the A.I. And hit the main points faster than the other did. It’s why garage is generally the deciding point of a game and why armories get ignored so much untill garage is capped. Making things more equal would then just mean garage isn’t important besides the better spawn point, it then means AI become less relevant. If you’re wanting to make warzone more fair, there will be sacrifices to other aspects of the game just to make sure both teams are relatively even on req power.

i don’t see the issue, besides the occasional blowout most games are relatively even as they are, and had the losing team played out different strategies they may have won instead.

“Why would equal access mean reqs need to go that makes no sence? Are you saying turbo should then have reqs removed?” my response- warzone will never have equal access. So long as one guy has more nornfangs than the other it isn’t equal lol. Nor will everyone pick the same weapons or have the same choices available to them.

Improvise. Enemy team has control of monument and had brs? Go to a garage and take one from a marine.

Temple? Go on closed side and use storm rifle.

Kill a boss.

Banshee problem? Railgun.
Wasp? Plasma pistol.
Scorpion? Invis, speed.
Answer? Invis, voids tear, rocket.
Outnumbered? Try baiting, get the first strike, or wait for backup.
You vs 6 people? You have bad positioning.

You have to improvise and out smart the person using the weapon/weapons.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> > 2533274962122285;5:
> > > 2533274923562209;3:
> > > So how would you reward the team winning? What advantage would you give?
> > >
> > > edit: also warzone isn’t and was never intended to be equal start based, it’s not arena, it’s not a focus. It’s design is s chaotic mess, forget about balance and equal starts when you have a bloated over redundant weapon system in there. If they do add equal starts, then much if the reqs need to go. It can’t go both ways.
> >
> > The winning team doesn’t need an extra reward. That would be like “I see you have a 200 point lead here is an other 200 points”. Though roughly I’d say getting the req advantage on average is worth 200-300 points by the time the req levels balance out and the other team starts crawling back but it’s too late by then.
> >
> > Why would equal access mean reqs need to go that makes no sence? Are you saying turbo should then have reqs removed?
> >
> > It wouldn’t change any of the chaos it would just make the chaos equal and not one sided.
>
> Halos only equal on the starts, once you get power weapons that is lost and then you fight for control of those weapons. The winning team is supposed to have an advantage as that’s how they get a lead on the losing team.
>
> In terms of warzone the winning team gets the advantage of getting reqs faster to maintain the lead. If the losing team wants that advantage back they need to attack the A.I. And hit the main points faster than the other did. It’s why garage is generally the deciding point of a game and why armories get ignored so much untill garage is capped. Making things more equal would then just mean garage isn’t important besides the better spawn point, it then means AI become less relevant. If you’re wanting to make warzone more fair, there will be sacrifices to other aspects of the game just to make sure both teams are relatively even on req power.
>
> i don’t see the issue, besides the occasional blowout most games are relatively even as they are, and had the losing team played out different strategies they may have won instead.

The advantage is map control not an easier game by making it unbalanced.

You can never get the lead back it’s impractical. I don’t know what ai your on about they don’t give much of a boost to req levels. There isn’t enough ai to get enough xp. The enemy has gained at the very least 200 points on top of their lead by the time I have enough req levels to compete and start gaining.

To me it’s req level 5 is the minimum crawl back level. The time between between lvl 3-5 is longer than 1-3 and 5-9 put together. As soon as I’m on req level 5 I start gaining req levels too quick to keep up.

> 2533274800252140;7:
> Improvise. Enemy team has control of monument and had brs? Go to a garage and take one from a marine.
>
> Temple? Go on closed side and use storm rifle.
>
> Kill a boss.
>
> Banshee problem? Railgun.
> Wasp? Plasma pistol.
> Scorpion? Invis, speed.
> Answer? Invis, voids tear, rocket.
> Outnumbered? Try baiting, get the first strike, or wait for backup.
> You vs 6 people? You have bad positioning.
>
> You have to improvise and out smart the person using the weapon/weapons.

Non of that’s really an issue I always go for the counter. The problem is mainly just going from lvl 3-5 and having not enough req lvls to counter.

> 2533274962122285;9:
> > 2533274800252140;7:
> > Improvise. Enemy team has control of monument and had brs? Go to a garage and take one from a marine.
> >
> > Temple? Go on closed side and use storm rifle.
> >
> > Kill a boss.
> >
> > Banshee problem? Railgun.
> > Wasp? Plasma pistol.
> > Scorpion? Invis, speed.
> > Answer? Invis, voids tear, rocket.
> > Outnumbered? Try baiting, get the first strike, or wait for backup.
> > You vs 6 people? You have bad positioning.
> >
> > You have to improvise and out smart the person using the weapon/weapons.
>
> Non of that’s really an issue I always go for the counter. The problem is mainly just going from lvl 3-5 and having not enough req lvls to counter.

Kill bosses and try to get a back cap. Or defend with a lawgiver.

Whats the point of not having an advantage when winning and what do you expect to be on the losing side. Obv lower req points. Thats just the cruel cycle of life. If you cant make most of what u have or do anything about it than whats the point

> 2535442647018056;11:
> Whats the point of not having an advantage when winning and what do you expect to be on the losing side. Obv lower req points. Thats just the cruel cycle of life. If you cant make most of what u have or do anything about it than whats the point

The advantage is winning its self and map control. Its moronic to make it easier to win if you are winning.

I’m not a quitter but it’s easy to predict a loss 9.5/10 in the 1st 1/4 of a game. I always play till the end.

That’s why I don’t play warzone.

It was fun at first, but now it’s more annoying than fun.

> 2533274962122285;12:
> > 2535442647018056;11:
> > Whats the point of not having an advantage when winning and what do you expect to be on the losing side. Obv lower req points. Thats just the cruel cycle of life. If you cant make most of what u have or do anything about it than whats the point
>
> The advantage is winning its self and map control. Its moronic to make it easier to win if you are winning.

Winning isn’t an advantage, it’s an outcome.

But that’s halo for you. The winning team in arena generally gets the power weapons majority of the time, that’s the point, the winning team gets the advantage as they out performed the other. There’s a reason you incentive the winning team, it encourages you to play a specific way, remove it and then they’ll just make things worse I.E. camping rather than moving. back to warzone:. It’s also ironic you mention map control, what good would req balancing do if you’re still going to end up cornered? Instead of dieing with a dmr now you’re dieing with a nornfang. Req balancing won’t fix the issue.

If you’re playing a bunch of randoms vs a bunch of other randoms, THAT’S the equal starts. Because there is no solid communication and people are just playing to play. If you are playing with randoms, against an actual team of 4-6 people… Yes. As soon as they get better REQs, you’re going to have a tough time winning.

> 2533274923562209;14:
> > 2533274962122285;12:
> > > 2535442647018056;11:
> > > Whats the point of not having an advantage when winning and what do you expect to be on the losing side. Obv lower req points. Thats just the cruel cycle of life. If you cant make most of what u have or do anything about it than whats the point
> >
> > The advantage is winning its self and map control. Its moronic to make it easier to win if you are winning.
>
> Winning isn’t an advantage, it’s an outcome.
>
> But that’s halo for you. The winning team in arena generally gets the power weapons majority of the time, that’s the point, the winning team gets the advantage as they out performed the other. There’s a reason you incentive the winning team, it encourages you to play a specific way, remove it and then they’ll just make things worse I.E. camping rather than moving. back to warzone:. It’s also ironic you mention map control, what good would req balancing do if you’re still going to end up cornered? Instead of dieing with a dmr now you’re dieing with a nornfang. Req balancing won’t fix the issue.

I do fine once the req levels balance out. I’m not achieving any thing when at a level disadvantage.

Plus arena doesn’t have much of a balance issue with how it works except for multiple of the same power weapons up at the same time.

> 2533274872013539;15:
> If you’re playing a bunch of randoms vs a bunch of other randoms, THAT’S the equal starts. Because there is no solid communication and people are just playing to play. If you are playing with randoms, against an actual team of 4-6 people… Yes. As soon as they get better REQs, you’re going to have a tough time winning.

Problem with communication is people stay in their parties segregating them selves from the team.

Warzone? Unbalanced? Why I never!

Warzone isn’t meant to be balanced. It’s about using tactics, strategy, and teamwork. But war zone turbo is the answer really. Having everyone on both teams with all available reqs in your inventory is a more equal start.