Unable to sign in

I have just installed Halo SA on a new Surface, but I cannot sign in. The error message starts with “To use this app, you must sign in using the Microsoft account that was used to download it”. There’s some advice about making sure the store is using the correct account and reinstalling the game, but nothing works. I bought the game when it first came out and it’s been working fine on two other machines for ages, so I don’t understand this at all.

After a bit of searching, it appears many people have had this happen to them, though not necessarily with Halo SA. Nothing’s showing up on Halo Waypoint’s kb search though.

I’d be grateful for any advice.

Unfortunately this may have something to do with an issue with your account, or connecting the account to the XBL service properly. Best thing to do is to reach out to Xbox Support for assistance. You will also want to make sure you’ve visited Xbox.com and accepted the new Terms of Use as this has been causing issues for people who haven’t yet.

Actually its funny how alike UnshapenLemon21 story is like mine. right down to the new surface purchase and it not letting me log in when it’s running fine on my desktop. And I’ve made sure to accept the new terms of service and that didn’t help. Can you please look into this because the fact that someone else has the exact same issue as me right down to the hardware must mean something is going on.

EDIT: Didn’t read OP well enough.

I just installed SA on my surface too. It won’t let me sign in, it says “Xbox is unavailable” and that I should check the time on my tablet. Am I missing something here guys?