Unable to play cause of screen Flickering

hi and as stated above im having an issue where halo 5 pc forge will just flicker on and off.really fast until im able to exit the game in task manager. and its only this game cause when i exit the game it stops. it worked fine before the update. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and i have even tried rolling back my drivers cause amd just got a new update. and nothing has worked. any input would be greatly appreciated . im running an intel i-4460 with and saphhire nitro r9 380 factory oc with 4gb of vram. and 8gb of ram.

“Intel i-5 4460”

I’ve been having this issue too. So far everyone I’ve seen describe this issue (you’re the 4th) has been using an R9 380. I haven’t found a solution, or got confirmation that it is actually an issue with the GPU :frowning:

> 2535416126747082;3:
> I’ve been having this issue too. So far everyone I’ve seen describe this issue (you’re the 4th) has been using an R9 380. I haven’t found a solution, or got confirmation that it is actually an issue with the GPU :frowning:

Thanks for the help man its a start ive been just trying to figure it out and with u said atleast i can start somewhere. i tried rolling back the drivers. all the way back to the October. and it worked for awhile but fps was crap and i couldnt really play some of the newer games with those drivers so i just decided reinstall the new one. ill keep looking into it.

Damn, just found out this came to pc, and i could get it for free, but i have the original R9 380, the R9 285, and flickers beyond epilepsy causing pokemon episode. sigh, why is it the 1st true halo’ish game on PC that i actually want to play has to hate the exact hardware my computer has, FYI, Rust, Arma 2 and 3, and many other FPS games works perfectly but the ONE GAME i want to actually play doesn’t! please keep this updated to which drivers work!

UPDATE:::::::
because of my gpu’s lower VRAM due to being an older R9 285 2GB, the flickering (so far as i have tested, 2 games) loweing the Maximum texture size from 4096 to 2048 solved it! might be worth a shot op!

> 2533274922225276;6:
> UPDATE:::::::
> because of my gpu’s lower VRAM due to being an older R9 285 2GB, the flickering (so far as i have tested, 2 games) loweing the Maximum texture size from 4096 to 2048 solved it! might be worth a shot op!

yo ive havent really found a solution for it the only thing that i have remotely found so far was rolling back the drivers a little ways back but like i said before it last a little while and it turns the fps in the game to complete crap. right now i havent found anything else.ill try lowering the texture size and get back to u

I get a similar issue except it only occurs when I try to play the game at my computer’s native resolution (1920x1080) unless I change it from the game’s settings.

> 2533274857397056;8:
> I get a similar issue except it only occurs when I try to play the game at my computer’s native resolution (1920x1080) unless I change it from the game’s settings.

see i cant play at my native resolution of (2560x1080) theirs just no option for it. does it fix it when u change to any other resolution?

> 2533274960230379;9:
> > 2533274857397056;8:
> > I get a similar issue except it only occurs when I try to play the game at my computer’s native resolution (1920x1080) unless I change it from the game’s settings.
>
> see i cant play at my native resolution of (2560x1080) theirs just no option for it. does it fix it when u change to any other resolution?

I have no idea but I believe they do have the resolution settings separated in ratios like 4:3 > 16:10 > 16:9 and so on.
The flickering issue though on my end is resolved when I play the game at a lower resolution but unfortunately disrupts my visibility of the game.
Oddly enough though when I tried to go to my native resolution setting for the game again all the flickering suddenly went away and never showed up again, I’m not sure why but my assumption would lead to that the game was configuring itself again to get used to my GPU after I updated the driver for it.

12/29/16 9:10 AM: Nevermind, it came back again for some reason. Ugh, I wonder if this has anything to do with UWP itself.

<p></p> Hi, anyone ever find a solution to this? Exact same issue for me, also using r9 380 gpu :confused:

Turning on Ambient Occlusion fixed it for me (Nvidia GPU).