Unable to Join while loading into a match.

So this has become more and more of a trend for me lately. The first match I try joining during a play session almost always leads to a couple red “unable to join” messages before leaving me out of the match. Often I have to leave the fireteam (if I’m apart of one) and rejoin it, but if the fireteam is matchmaking online I’m usually stuck waiting until they play the match out with some random who filled my spot (even in ranked matches). I don’t understand why this is happening or why it’s been as frequent and consistent as it’s been. After the first instance during a play session it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem going forward for the rest of the time that I’m playing.

I’m wondering if this is a known issue?

This also seems to occur to me during Custom Matches too. For instance, you can see it happen here while I was joining Brusky0086 for some custom map testing. While everyone else loaded into the match just fine, I personally received two red CAN’T JOIN message before being left at the menu screen with white lettering saying trying to join match (but of course I don’t join). This then forces me to leave the fireteam before rejoining it and hope that it doesn’t happen again the next time I enter into the loading match process. Here was the match that followed after I was forced to rejoin.

Since this is an issue with joining matches, the first thing I would check is your NAT type, which you can do from the Network Settings of your Xbox. You want an Open NAT, so if it says Strict or anything else, there are a variety of videos which will show you how to fix this.

> 2533274843634673;2:
> Since this is an issue with joining matches, the first thing I would check is your NAT type, which you can do from the Network Settings of your Xbox. You want an Open NAT, so if it says Strict or anything else, there are a variety of videos which will show you how to fix this.

Yeah, I’m aware of that and it’s Open. I always would check that first when it would happen. Thanks for the tip though.

Just curious if the support team ever responds to posts reporting an issue or by personal message?

> 2775209234672000;4:
> Just curious if the support team ever responds to posts reporting an issue or by personal message?

They may not reply but they do see everything. They’re either fixing the issue or responding to us. :wink:

I’m still having this problem so it’s not fixed. I can’t even get into a match at all today. Backing out and back in isn’t working anymore.

> 2533274846022528;6:
> I’m still having this problem so it’s not fixed. I can’t even get into a match at all today. Backing out and back in isn’t working anymore.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks