Unable to connect to the Halo 5 Lobby Services

Day 3. Getting really tired of not being able to play anything but campaign. I don’t have any issues with any other games. Fortnite works, Gears works, Warframe works, even Black Ops II works. Hurry up and put your eggs in a row, 343.

Have you considered a hard reboot of your Xbox or restarting your internet router? One of those two should work.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> Have you considered a hard reboot of your Xbox or restarting your internet router? One of those two should work.

Yes, there have been other threads of some people having the same issue. I’ve done all the basic trouble shooting. The issue seems to be the lobby service itself.

> 2535444906725730;3:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > Have you considered a hard reboot of your Xbox or restarting your internet router? One of those two should work.
>
> Yes, there have been other threads of some people having the same issue. I’ve done all the basic trouble shooting. The issue seems to be the lobby service itself.

If the issue isn’t widespread then it probably isn’t the lobby service, but rather some issue of communication between your console and Halo 5’s servers. Where that issue could be occurring could be anywhere, even somewhere outside of your control.
What region are you playing from? Have the other threads you’ve seen reported this issue recently? Have they given any information that is congruent with your own situation that may point to a source for the problem?

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2535444906725730;3:
> > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > Have you considered a hard reboot of your Xbox or restarting your internet router? One of those two should work.
> >
> > Yes, there have been other threads of some people having the same issue. I’ve done all the basic trouble shooting. The issue seems to be the lobby service itself.
>
> If the issue isn’t widespread then it probably isn’t the lobby service, but rather some issue of communication between your console and Halo 5’s servers. Where that issue could be occurring could be anywhere, even somewhere outside of your control.
> What region are you playing from? Have the other threads you’ve seen reported this issue recently? Have they given any information that is congruent with your own situation that may point to a source for the problem?

I don’t remember how recent the thread was. But I’m playing from Canada. I was playing perfectly fine for a month. The issue wasn’t there. All of a sudden it is. And I HAVE to insert the disc to even launch the game.

It started with me getting a message telling me to sign in from the profile that purchased the game or renew my XBL subscription. I still had a few days left, but renewed it early regardless. That didn’t work. So I popped the disc in and it finally let me on the game. Played for a few days like that, now the issue with having to insert the disc has let up, and I just can’t connect to the lobby services.

> 2535444906725730;5:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > > 2535444906725730;3:
> > > > 2535429593088083;2:
> > > > Have you considered a hard reboot of your Xbox or restarting your internet router? One of those two should work.
> > >
> > > Yes, there have been other threads of some people having the same issue. I’ve done all the basic trouble shooting. The issue seems to be the lobby service itself.
> >
> > If the issue isn’t widespread then it probably isn’t the lobby service, but rather some issue of communication between your console and Halo 5’s servers. Where that issue could be occurring could be anywhere, even somewhere outside of your control.
> > What region are you playing from? Have the other threads you’ve seen reported this issue recently? Have they given any information that is congruent with your own situation that may point to a source for the problem?
>
> I don’t remember how recent the thread was. But I’m playing from Canada. I was playing perfectly fine for a month. The issue wasn’t there. All of a sudden it is. And I HAVE to insert the disc to even launch the game.
>
> It started with me getting a message telling me to sign in from the profile that purchased the game or renew my XBL subscription. I still had a few days left, but renewed it early regardless. That didn’t work. So I popped the disc in and it finally let me on the game. Played for a few days like that, now the issue with having to insert the disc has let up, and I just can’t connect to the lobby services.

The first issue you described sounds like a licensing issue. Even though you say that issue has cleared up, maybe try this step: delete your profile from the console, the fully shut it down for 30 sec (unplug the power cord). Turn it back on, then go to “add new” under the sign in section. Type in your credentials and redownload your profile, sign in, and see if you can launch the game digitally. Also see if that fixes your lobby service issue.

Another question: is this your original console? Have you set this console as your home/main console?