Umm I don't think 343 are using the Reach engine

They said they’ve been working on it since 2009… I don’t think they started with the Reach engine… maybe the Havok engine… but not the Reach (Havok) engine… so we’ll see some more Halo 3 style Havok engine sexiness :wink:

What do you think?

AFAIK they are using an updated version of the Reach engine, someone from MS confirmed it a couple months ago.

Havok isn’t the game engine, it’s the “add-on” physics engine. Havok can also do other stuff. Much like Euphoria. It can be an AI or particle, or both, add-on. For Halo, it’s been Havok for the physics for a very long time. Would have to look it up exactly how long.

Can i get a source on this? Link?

> AFAIK they are using an updated version of the Reach engine, someone from MS confirmed it a couple months ago.

Sure:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/941033/halo_4_engine_isnt_100_per_cent_new_microsoft.html

> Havok isn’t the game engine, it’s the “add-on” physics engine. Havok can also do other stuff. Much like Euphoria. It can be an AI or particle, or both, add-on. For Halo, it’s been Havok for the physics for a very long time. Would have to look it up exactly how long.

This, havok is a third party plugin to recreate physic’s.

Havok is not a game engine, it’s a physic simulation engine, an plug-in for a game engine (among other things).

Also: Of course they aren’t using the Reach engine. What every made you think that?

Ah thats for halo 4. I thought we were talking about CEA. Thanks anyway.

> Sure:
>
> GamesRadar+

> Havok is not a game engine, it’s a physic simulation engine, an plug-in for a game engine (among other things).
>
> Also: Of course they aren’t using the Reach engine. What every made you think that?

Ha I just saw a few threads where people were like OH MY GOD DON’T USE THE REACH ENGINE!!! Sooo I was just passing this along… I mean… I guess they could’ve finished the Reach engine by 2009… :confused: but from what I saw from the trailer… idk :confused: things… kinda look shiny… but it’s also sort of desolate… I wish I could’ve seen more… the graphics and art of halo is something I continue to fall in love with:)