UK Specializations discrimination

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

First of all, thank you 343 / waypoint for banning my other gamertag for posting on this subject, but as far as i am concerned this is a major issue.

Americans being encouraged to sit on there -Yoink- and eat doritoes and drink mountain dew and get DXP for it, whatever, unfair, but i can live with it.

But now. After speaking to xbox support on the phone (useless, trying to offload blame to others and accuse ME of lying, saying they cant see anything ti di with this in these forums…) i cannot get an answer. Is it true that the UK, let alone all of Europe, are excluded from early access specialization codes? Way to lose half a fanbase, 343. ThIs is just pathetic, and, at the end of it all, for thosenwho are more wound up than me, you may be interested to know that is actually a violation of Human Rights to exclude anyone based on nationality, creed, gender, race or religion. This act can be applied to us beng excluded, as your other excuse blaming our laws and goverment are invalid, as far as i know our country has no legislation in place saying that promotional codes cannot be e,ailed to customers.

Anyway, after 42 mins on the phone, im cancelling XBL until this is sorted before they take me off hold.

Rant over, anyone with me?

I feel for you. Anyone under 17 wont get a email for the specs either.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate or non-constructive comments.

Yupp, to think that i spent -Yoinking!- 400$ on this -Yoink-, and then it turn out to be a complete rip off… WTF! I CAN’T RANK AS MUCH AS I -Yoinking!- WANT? Honestly 343, -Yoink!- fat -Yoinking!- -Yoink-!

No, some of us (me) spent our hard earned money on the Limited Edition to get access to these. Personally I don’t think anyone else should get these at all without waiting. Now specializations are availible now if you have played before Nov 20. Other than that they were supposed to be released 1 by 1 over time.

> No, some of us (me) spent our hard earned money on the Limited Edition to get access to these. Personally I don’t think anyone else should get these at all without waiting. Now specializations are availible now if you have played before Nov 20. Other than that they were supposed to be released 1 by 1 over time.

> No, some of us (me) spent our hard earned money on the Limited Edition to get access to these. Personally I don’t think anyone else should get these at all without waiting. Now specializations are availible now if you have played before Nov 20. Other than that they were supposed to be released 1 by 1 over time.

So what you mean is that now a days, people should have to pay more to be able to play the game that they paid for in the first place? Really!?

> So what you mean is that now a days, people should have to pay more to be able to play the game that they paid for in the first place? Really!?

They can play the game but don’t expect to get anything early if you aren’t willing to pay for it exact thing can be said for a lot of things in the world.

To all those without the LE, I would start calling around to see if anywhere has a copy. I did just that and found a cancelled preorder at gamestop. Problem solved. Good Luck Spartans!

> > So what you mean is that now a days, people should have to pay more to be able to play the game that they paid for in the first place? Really!?
>
> They can play the game but don’t expect to get anything early if you aren’t willing to pay for it exact thing can be said for a lot of things in the world.

Dude, That is like saying if you were to go to the cinema, let’s say it would cost you 10$ to see the movie, but when you got to the ending, you would have to pay an extra 5$ to get to see it… It is not fair brah.

And btw, money is not the issue in my case, the whole thing just isn’t fair towards the rest of the Halo community.

> > No, some of us (me) spent our hard earned money on the Limited Edition to get access to these. Personally I don’t think anyone else should get these at all without waiting. Now specializations are availible now if you have played before Nov 20. Other than that they were supposed to be released 1 by 1 over time.
>
> So what you mean is that now a days, people should have to pay more to be able to play the game that they paid for in the first place? Really!?

That made no sense…no I’m saying that content people paid for, others shouldn’t get for free.

That’s like saying I paid for a map pack, but 2 weeks later they lowered the price or made it free to everyone.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

Right I knew people would come in here moaning about not being ‘special’ for buying LE, so let me break it down for you.

You brought LE, and could choose ANY specialization at SR50, like rogue, with no scope flinch, or enigneer, which lets you see ordnance in advance. You had this perk for 2 weeks, that is now over. Youve had your benefit, now its time for early adopters to getmtheir reward. Not to mention the bonus physical / digital content you got and the map pass.

So my question to LE owners is, is it unfair to reward early adopters?

Oh, btw, still on phone to XBL on hold, and to top it off, I HAVE BEEN XPMBANNED FOR 48 HOURS. THIS ACCOUNT IS LVL6!!!

343, hand this game back to bungie now, or go and play call ofnduty, which you have modelled this game so much on.

I wouldn’t go to the extent of calling it discrimination.

I’m American and I do agree that it is silly that they would exclude the UK but give the code to these random countries nobody probably plays Xbox in. But you have to think there was probably a reason to why they did not include you into the emailing list. The biggest one imo would probably be legal issues.

> Right I knew people would come in here moaning about not being ‘special’ for buying LE, so let me break it down for you.
>
> You brought LE, and could choose ANY specialization at SR50, like rogue, with no scope flinch, or enigneer, which lets you see ordnance in advance. You had this perk for 2 weeks, that is now over. Youve had your benefit, now its time for early adopters to getmtheir reward. Not to mention the bonus physical / digital content you got and the map pass.
>
> So my question to LE owners is, is it unfair to reward early adopters?
>
> Oh, btw, still on phone to XBL on hold, and to top it off, I HAVE BEEN XPMBANNED FOR 48 HOURS. THIS ACCOUNT IS LVL6!!!
>
> 343, hand this game back to bungie now, or go and play call ofnduty, which you have modelled this game so much on.

Not everyone who got LE got it on the very first day.

>

Well I never!

At least you can legally have a drink to make you feel better. :stuck_out_tongue:

> First of all, thank you 343 / waypoint for banning my other gamertag for posting on this subject, but as far as i am concerned this is a major issue.
>
> Americans being encouraged to sit on there -Yoink!- and eat doritoes and drink mountain dew and get DXP for it, whatever, unfair, but i can live with it.
>
> But now. After speaking to xbox support on the phone (useless, trying to offload blame to others and accuse ME of lying, saying they cant see anything ti di with this in these forums…) i cannot get an answer. Is it true that the UK, let alone all of Europe, are excluded from early access specialization codes? Way to lose half a fanbase, 343. ThIs is just pathetic, and, at the end of it all, for thosenwho are more wound up than me, you may be interested to know that is actually <mark>a violation of Human Rights</mark> to exclude anyone based on nationality, creed, gender, race or religion. This act can be applied to us beng excluded, as your other excuse blaming our laws and goverment are invalid, as far as i know our country has no legislation in place saying that promotional codes cannot be e,ailed to customers.
>
> Anyway, after 42 mins on the phone, im cancelling XBL until this is sorted before they take me off hold.
>
> Rant over, anyone with me?

LMAO.

I can understand being upset over this, but that’s taking it too far. You don’t want people to start listing ACTUAL human rights violations. It would make you feel pretty ashamed.

As i say paradox, there is no legislation in the UK that states a company cannot give people content or redeemable codes in emails. I get it all the time.

There is nothing stopping these codes being emailed to preorder customers in the UK a few weeks ago, or from CBL sending me 1 month codes via email for my patience.

And also consider that given the current financial climate, they would want these codes emailed

Codes sent > more UK play time > more XBL payments > more tax

And you cant say our promotional laws are stricter than mexico, or, jesus christ, korea! Even they are included, and one of their state officials got executed by mortar recently for drinking 2 months after their leaders death!

Please, XBL tried giving me this legal bull****, us brits arent that stupid. Also remeber inspeak om behalf of the remaining 160 odd countries that play XBL, including all of europe.

Don’t be so ignorant. Microsoft still plays a role in this. Bungie isn’t ever coming back to Halo, infact Bungie has a new game already about to roll out. 343 isn’t trying to mimic COD, they’re trying to compete with it. FYI COD has a much larger fan base to it, even if they have a trashy storyline.

And obviously you don’t care enough about the game or shouldn’t even be thinking about specializations if you’re not rounding level 50 soon.

> Is it true that the UK, let alone all of Europe, are excluded from early access specialization codes?

I’m in the UK and got the early access specialization code. In fact I even got it with my standard edition copy of the game from GAME. What’s your point?