UK midnight launch

So, I was wondering if any UK Gamers go to midnight launches often, and what to expect at the Halo one?

First midnight launch I’ve ever gone to, since I went to the Halo 3 launch event in London (Kinda different, since it was an open bar party), and didn’t really mind waiting 8 hours to just pick up Reach and ODST.

Will there be a risk of trolls running around shouting out spoilers? Will there be long lines like american midnight launches or will it be me and 3 other socially awkward men sitting a fair distance from each other for a few hours before the store opens?

(Going to Game, for the record, in a shopping precinct/Mall-style place).

You guys are lucky you get the game before us. when halo reach came out they said why dont you have halo reach? I came back and wooped them in a game.

> You guys are lucky you get the game before us. when halo reach came out they said why dont you have halo reach? I came back and wooped them in a game.

Yeah, but think of Australia, they get it pretty much a full day before most people.
Doesn’t matter though, you guys have the double exp so you’ll catch up and overtake us within a day or two, assuming you’re American.

Kind of think an online release would work well with the multiplayer. Have the servers come online at the same time for everybody, like PC games do.

On topic, I think the timing of my post was a little bad, considering I’m directing this mainly at UK player, and as it’s 11pm here, I’m sure a lot of them will be offline.
Hopefully a few will be online still, and can give me some advice and knowledge of what to expect.

> > You guys are lucky you get the game before us. when halo reach came out they said why dont you have halo reach? I came back and wooped them in a game.
>
> Yeah, but think of Australia, they get it pretty much a full day before most people.
> Doesn’t matter though, you guys have the double exp so you’ll catch up and overtake us within a day or two, assuming you’re American.
>
> Kind of think an online release would work well with the multiplayer. Have the servers come online at the same time for everybody, like PC games do.
>
>
> On topic, I think the timing of my post was a little bad, considering I’m directing this mainly at UK player, and as it’s 11pm here, I’m sure a lot of them will be offline.
> Hopefully a few will be online still, and can give me some advice and knowledge of what to expect.

Hey, I’m from England. Not going to lie to you, i go with my friends every year and the hype of going to the shop is better than actually being there, it’s just like buying the game the next morning except there’s a bigger line of people and a lot more sweaty.

[deleted]

> > > You guys are lucky you get the game before us. when halo reach came out they said why dont you have halo reach? I came back and wooped them in a game.
> >
> > Yeah, but think of Australia, they get it pretty much a full day before most people.
> > Doesn’t matter though, you guys have the double exp so you’ll catch up and overtake us within a day or two, assuming you’re American.
> >
> > Kind of think an online release would work well with the multiplayer. Have the servers come online at the same time for everybody, like PC games do.
> >
> >
> > On topic, I think the timing of my post was a little bad, considering I’m directing this mainly at UK player, and as it’s 11pm here, I’m sure a lot of them will be offline.
> > Hopefully a few will be online still, and can give me some advice and knowledge of what to expect.
>
> New Zealand gets it a few hours before Australia xD.

I knew a country did, but didn’t want to make a fool of myself by commented about the wrong country lol.

> Hey, I’m from England. Not going to lie to you, i go with my friends every year and the hype of going to the shop is better than actually being there, it’s just like buying the game the next morning except there’s a bigger line of people and a lot more sweaty.

Thanks. I know the hype is going to be huge, but I’m prepared for the boring, drawn-out wait. Will be going with friends so we can have regular cigarette breaks and not lose our place in line, and one of us can go to the 24 hour Tesco that’s also in the precinct.
Main thing I’m worrying about is getting there too early and waiting for 2-3 hours for no reason, or getting their too late and having to wait an hour or two longer for no reason.

> > > > You guys are lucky you get the game before us. when halo reach came out they said why dont you have halo reach? I came back and wooped them in a game.
> > >
> > > Yeah, but think of Australia, they get it pretty much a full day before most people.
> > > Doesn’t matter though, you guys have the double exp so you’ll catch up and overtake us within a day or two, assuming you’re American.
> > >
> > > Kind of think an online release would work well with the multiplayer. Have the servers come online at the same time for everybody, like PC games do.
> > >
> > >
> > > On topic, I think the timing of my post was a little bad, considering I’m directing this mainly at UK player, and as it’s 11pm here, I’m sure a lot of them will be offline.
> > > Hopefully a few will be online still, and can give me some advice and knowledge of what to expect.
> >
> > New Zealand gets it a few hours before Australia xD.
>
> I knew a country did, but didn’t want to make a fool of myself by commented about the wrong country lol.
>
>
>
> > Hey, I’m from England. Not going to lie to you, i go with my friends every year and the hype of going to the shop is better than actually being there, it’s just like buying the game the next morning except there’s a bigger line of people and a lot more sweaty.
>
> Thanks. I know the hype is going to be huge, but I’m prepared for the boring, drawn-out wait. Will be going with friends so we can have regular cigarette breaks and not lose our place in line, and one of us can go to the 24 hour Tesco that’s also in the precinct.
> Main thing I’m worrying about is getting there too early and waiting for 2-3 hours for no reason, or getting their too late and having to wait an hour or two longer for no reason.

It might be different for you, but I live in a small town in Devon so it’s never that busy. Never had to wait more than half an hour to get my game!

> It might be different for you, but I live in a small town in Devon so it’s never that busy. Never had to wait more than half an hour to get my game!

I live in Coventry, a significantly larger town, but I’m not convinced we have that many Halo players.
There are two Halo 4 midnight launches going on at the Game shops in my city. One in the city center, one in a fairly large shopping precinct close to my area. I chose to preorder at the precinct because I figured the city center would be a lot more busy.