UI unit selection suggestion

Hi there,

I love this game but find the unit selection controls a bit simple and sluggish. Unit groups are just too much work to be practical imo (just 4 and time consuming to add/remove stuff).
I mostly stick to “select all visible units” and then cycle through types. This works for me mostly, except when it’s really frantic. Say I want to select the unit in the middle of the list, in the heat of the moment, I often cycle past it (the game is not very responsive in this way). Also the current list can be hard to read/view when it’s busy.

So here’s what I wonder: Since buildings and leader powers use a radial menu, why not use the same for unit selection?
You would still make a selection of units, and then the radial menu would allow you to select a type (just like the right trigger).
This radial menu would have to be dynamicaly sliced (depending on the unit types in your selection, wich could add up to a dozen) but you could organize it in a predictable way (e.g. infantery at the top).

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

Sounds like a pretty good idea, would definitely help prevent me from losing 80-95% of my army to one leader power! (Looking at you Glassing beam…-_-)

O yeah I hear you on that one…
I would also love to have a scatter option…
One can hope right?

> 2533274792362811;1:
> Hi there,
>
> I love this game but find the unit selection controls a bit simple and sluggish. Unit groups are just too much work to be practical imo (just 4 and time consuming to add/remove stuff).
> I mostly stick to “select all visible units” and then cycle through types. This works for me mostly, except when it’s really frantic. Say I want to select the unit in the middle of the list, in the heat of the moment, I often cycle past it (the game is not very responsive in this way). Also the current list can be hard to read/view when it’s busy.
>
> So here’s what I wonder: Since buildings and leader powers use a radial menu, why not use the same for unit selection?
> You would still make a selection of units, and then the radial menu would allow you to select a type (just like the right trigger).
> This radial menu would have to be dynamicaly sliced (depending on the unit types in your selection, wich could add up to a dozen) but you could organize it in a predictable way (e.g. infantery at the top).
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Cheers!

Try practicing creating and using “groups”. Then you might like it better