Uhh...this is the only Halo I'm bad at :(

I really, REALLY, need help with the aiming configurations, like I don’t even know why, Halo 5 is the only Halo game I can’t be good at…well I kinda blame myself because I haven’t played in a month and a half, but I played Reach a while back (it’s been months, maybe even a year since I’ve played Reach) and I can play like I used to, I aimed right, I never missed head shots, I could use the pistol and use automatic weapons without spassing out missing a billion bullets and get humiliated and killed… Can anyone give me your aiming configuration thingies? I play on 5-6 sensitivity, but they added new things, can anyone tell me how to make the aiming like any other Halo before 5, please???

Put deadzones at 0

Put aim accel to 2

That should feel like every other halo

It doesn’t matter what configuration you use as long as the aim assistance systems remain as they are. I’ve been playing this trash for months and my aim STILL goes all over the place.

Funny how 343 felt the need to “fix” the aiming in the franchise that pioneered console aiming and controls. It’s a -Yoinking!- joke.

> 2533274830444029;3:
> It doesn’t matter what configuration you use as long as the aim assistance systems remain as they are. I’ve been playing this trash for months and my aim STILL goes all over the place.
>
> Funny how 343 felt the need to “fix” the aiming in the franchise that pioneered console aiming and controls. It’s a -Yoinking!- joke.

You personally being bad at aiming in Halo 5 does not make it a “trash” system.

Watch any stream from a top pro…their aim is immaculate and never “goes all over the place”.

> 2533274830444029;3:
> It doesn’t matter what configuration you use as long as the aim assistance systems remain as they are. I’ve been playing this trash for months and my aim STILL goes all over the place.
>
> Funny how 343 felt the need to “fix” the aiming in the franchise that pioneered console aiming and controls. It’s a -Yoinking!- joke.

I feel the same way. I was good at every single Halo…but this one. The aiming in this is horrid. I thought it was just me, but then I played the other Halos, including Reach (arguably the clunkiest one) and I aimed just fine.

If it ain’t broke…

Are you sure you aren’t just lagging? This game has a ton of aim assist and bullet magnetism. I have a ton of issues with accuracy, but it’s just inconsistencies due to the server lag. I also die instantly a lot and get shot around corners due to lag comp caused bullet curving. I don’t personally have any problems with the mechanics itself and I also play on 5 sensitivity.

i had the same problem when i first played halo 5 i could not aim at all but i ended up getting used to it.

Git gud scrub

> 2533274935834633;4:
> > 2533274830444029;3:
> > It doesn’t matter what configuration you use as long as the aim assistance systems remain as they are. I’ve been playing this trash for months and my aim STILL goes all over the place.
> >
> > Funny how 343 felt the need to “fix” the aiming in the franchise that pioneered console aiming and controls. It’s a -Yoinking!- joke.
>
>
> You personally being bad at aiming in Halo 5 does not make it a “trash” system.
>
> Watch any stream from a top pro…their aim is immaculate and never “goes all over the place”.

Go by Team Beyond forums and run that by them yourself. It’s pretty much agreed on that the aiming is atrocious. Not even the professionals think it benefits anyone.

Seems to be a trend that the folks who hate the aiming were good at the old Halo’s, and then there are some like me who were trash at the old Halo’s but decent at this one. Something is different for sure, but I like it better.

> 2535468812026872;10:
> Seems to be a trend that the folks who hate the aiming were good at the old Halo’s, and then there are some like me who were trash at the old Halo’s but decent at this one. Something is different for sure, but I like it better.

And then there’s people like me that aren’t attentive enough to notice details and don’t see a difference.

Honest to god I cannot track people very well when i’m not zoomed in with my weapon. I have NO idea how folks can manage it without ADS, especially at long/extreme distances where we’re getting descoped back and forth.

I played all the previous Halos with a sensitivity of 2. My aim was very off when I first got this game. With one of the updates, I changed my aim acceleration to 2, deadzones to 0%…and I felt back to myself. I’ve played every Halo since CE, and the aiming in this is fine. Does it take some practice? Sure. But it’s definitely not broken.

> 2533274800438887;12:
> Honest to god I cannot track people very well when i’m not zoomed in with my weapon. I have NO idea how folks can manage it without ADS, especially at long/extreme distances where we’re getting descoped back and forth.

I was that way at first because I played BF4 all the time and used the DMR 90% of the time. ADS was the only way I could do it, now I only use ADS in Warzone pretty much. Even with the DMR in arena it’s hipfire. Now it’s hard to play BF4 haha.

> 2533275010968401;2:
> Put deadzones at 0
>
> Put aim accel to 2
>
> That should feel like every other halo

The thing is, i don’t even know what deadzones and accel does
welp

> 2533274830444029;3:
>

Lol just put aim acceleration, inner dead zone and outer dead zone to 0.
And if you still suck don’t blame the game, it’s just you being bad at it.

> 2533274830444029;3:
>

You realized every halo has had aim assist, right? and some were way worse than 5’s

You’re not alone. I was a force in the previous Halo titles, but I’m average at Halo 5. I just can’t seem to find my zone like I did in older Halo games. I will admit though, part of it is just getting older. I am 34 now and I’ve noticed how I’ve been a split second too slow on melee so many times it’s ridiculous. I think that’s going to be the case with a lot of us guys that have been around since C.E. We’re older and just a split second slower. Accept it…

You’re a platinum player with a 1.67 kd. Is this a troll thread?

> 2533274910203606;19:
> You’re a platinum player with a 1.67 kd. Is this a troll thread?

Uhh…me? No I’m not trolling, and…looking back at my previous games…I had a ton of kills, but I couldn’t see my deaths, and I feel like I went negative on my recent games, but no, I’m being serious, I can’t really aim as good as I did in other Halos