Uh... banned after completing a match? What?

So I just completed a match of Infection, but as soon as the screen went dark after showing the winner of the Infection game, I got a message saying I lost connection to the game. It sent me to the lobby and it said I was banned. Why? It said I completed the game since I checked the post-game results, but it still counts as quitting the game? This makes no sense. I quit the previous Infection match I was in before I played this game but that was only once, but I got banned after losing connection after the game ended? Now I have to wait until I’m unbanned because of something I had no control over?

My ban only lasted 5 minutes, but still, I don’t understand why I got a ban for it being the server’s fault and not mine.

This belongs here.
THE OFFICIAL HALO 5 “WHY WAS I BANNED?” THREAD

Halo 5 should come with a can of raid…it’s the buggiest game I have ever played.

> 2533274988462652;4:
> Halo 5 should come with a can of raid…it’s the buggiest game I have ever played.

Same.
Also we know it’s 1 quit = ban. Complain like the rest of us in the official thread.

I lost connection around 10+ times in the last few days and never been banned for it.

The banhammer doesn’t know or care that you got booted. Apparently neither does 343. But yeah there’s a 10,000 page ban thread that no one reads full of folks experiencing the same thing. At this point they should just ditch the bans. it obviously hasn’t stopped the quitting and is hurting everyone.

> 2533274988462652;4:
> Halo 5 should come with a can of raid…it’s the buggiest game I have ever played.

#Bars

> 2533274870591903;5:
> > 2533274988462652;4:
> > Halo 5 should come with a can of raid…it’s the buggiest game I have ever played.
>
>
> Same.
> Also we know it’s 1 quit = ban. Complain like the rest of us in the official thread.

disconnects seem just as ban happy too they should come with some raid

> 2533274988462652;4:

Um no. He quit the game before the inflection game and got a small ban for it. This is how the banhammer has worked forever. I don’t understand why people haven’t caught on to the system. If you quit there’s a 98% chance you will have to take a break after your next game. Pretty simple.

Just an fyi if you get banned from arena you can still play warzone variants and vice versa.

Sidenote I’ve never received a ban for disconnecting. My internet was on the fritz just a day or 2 ago and got dc’d from 3 matches, never got a ban for it. The banhammer system in H5 is spot on imo.

It’s a bug m8 happens to me as well

> 2533274870591903;5:
> Also we know it’s 1 quit = ban. Complain like the rest of us in the official thread.

1 quit does not lead to a ban, multiple infractions are required and further still to reach longer ban lengths.

@OP - as noted above, please use the ban thread for all ban queries. To answer your question though, you won’t have been banned for completing / winning a match. The system runs 1 game behind so your ban was already in place, just enforced after your next match.