ugh..another we need dedicated servers thread

Shots aren’t registering, trades that shouldn’t be happening are happening.
What should be splatters don’t even injure people…
Seriously, I don’t mean to annoy people by complaining but I never had this issue in reach, what’s up? Does anyone know if there are plans to fix this? It makes the game unenjoyable.

I had these issues in Reach

There should be dedicated servers, especially since 343 is catering to BTB players.

Either that, or they should include better matchmaking options in your own region.

For god sake LOCK THIS and burn it!

> Shots aren’t registering, trades that shouldn’t be happening are happening.
> What should be splatters don’t even injure people…
> Seriously, I don’t mean to annoy people by complaining but I never had this issue in reach, what’s up? Does anyone know if there are plans to fix this? It makes the game unenjoyable.

all these problems also exist in games with dedicated servers, which are far from being perfect. netcode, regional player population and infrastructure (provider!) are far more important.

yours,

a dedicated BF player

> > Shots aren’t registering, trades that shouldn’t be happening are happening.
> > What should be splatters don’t even injure people…
> > Seriously, I don’t mean to annoy people by complaining but I never had this issue in reach, what’s up? Does anyone know if there are plans to fix this? It makes the game unenjoyable.
>
> all these problems also exist in games with dedicated servers, which are far from being perfect. netcode, regional player population and infrastructure (provider!) are far more important.
>
> yours,
>
> a dedicated BF player

I’m up for whatever solves these issues.

Halo 4 is flat out unplayable for me thanks to what you just described.

It seems to be an issue with the sort of matches H4 puts you in. Getting matched up with players that live a significant distance away seems to be far more common than in Reach, for instance.

Playing on american host when you’re in the UK is dreadful.

> It seems to be an issue with the sort of matches H4 puts you in. Getting matched up with players that live a significant distance away seems to be far more common than in Reach, for instance.
>
> Playing on american host when you’re in the UK is dreadful.

Yeah, just played a match where everyone had red bar and was lagging. I stayed so I could view their location and everyone was from the USA (me included) besides one guy who was from Canada. wthh

Yeah, the splatters are a big problem. My bro relies on the ghost and getting splatters and two days ago it was working totally fine in the games we were getting. Then yesterday, we kept getting laggy games that had iffy frame rates . . . and my bro couldn’t get the splatters anymore. He would be trucking players hitting them dead center, but the player would still be unaffected . . .

Biggest problem for me is people using the lag switch. It doesnt happen to often but when it does it reminds me of the time when Halo 2 got almost overrun with people doing it.

I thought Bungie had thought of a way out of this problem with Halo 3 (everyone went to blue screen until connection was stable again) and same with Reach. Has 343 not bought over this solution or does that not work anymore?

Rant over. Time for cookies.

> I had these issues in Reach

No you are confused reach was the issue