U people say sprint doesn't belong in halo?

For u people who say sprint doesn’t belong in halo heres something for ya.
Halo reach brought sprint into halo, the game people seem to say “Reach is the best halo game and 4 sucks” for example.
and i see majority amount of people using sprint so my question to those people who say “Sprint doesn’t belong in halo” is how?

sprinting made halo WAY better cause you could travel across maps faster, i don’t like people who say halo sucks just because there is sprint

> 2533274995703044;2:
> sprinting made halo WAY better cause you could travel across maps faster, i don’t like people who say halo sucks just because there is sprint

Sprint made maps larger… Sprint slows down gameplay.

Sprinting can save you, helps you fall back to cover faster if your shields break.

Sprint has no place in halo.

-It makes power positions less powerful because it makes rushing power positions less risky, thus eroding at a core aspect of halo gameplay which is controlling power positions.

-It makes it easy for people to run away from their mistakes and survive when they should get killed. If someone gets first shot on you you can either fight and win (skill) or run away (no skill), and sprint just makes it much easier to run away, thus slowing down the gameplay.

-Sprint helps noobs more than it helps good players for the reasons stated above and it slows down the flow of the match for the reasons I stated above.

"but it helps you get around the map faster!!" that’s not even a legit argument because the maps were made bigger to accomodate sprint, PLUS base movement speed is slower in halo 4 so you’re not actually getting anywhere faster.

Reach and Halo 4 are widely considered to be the worst Halo games and coincidence…they are the two Halo games with sprint. All it does it make the game more forgiving of mistakes, making the game less competitive and slows down the flow of the match.

I think the sprint option is fine. I wasn’t sure about it at first but I’ve come to like it. I REALLY like where its going in Halo 5 but that’s for a different topic. Halo 4’s gameplay seems to run much faster and much more fun with sprint.

> 2533274872596817;4:
> Sprinting can save you, helps you fall back to cover faster if your shields break.

And THAT is the biggest reason WHY it slows down gameplay and doesn’t belong. You must be one of those COD crossovers. Run, shoot, hide, run away. Rinse repeat.

Sprint must go for Halo to ever become what it was once again. If they must make the maps bigger, only include them in big team battle and give us more vehicles on the maps. Problem solved.

> 2533274923639240;1:
> For u people who say sprint doesn’t belong in halo heres something for ya.
> Halo reach brought sprint into halo, the game people seem to say “Reach is the best halo game and 4 sucks” for example.
> and i see majority amount of people using sprint so my question to those people who say “Sprint doesn’t belong in halo” is how?

I’d like to know where you read this!

Because old-timers gotta complain about something.

> 2533274964143689;3:
> > 2533274995703044;2:
> > sprinting made halo WAY better cause you could travel across maps faster, i don’t like people who say halo sucks just because there is sprint
>
>
> Sprint made maps larger… Sprint slows down gameplay.

So what about blood gulch? which is easily the biggest map in halo history (Besides forge maps)

> 2533274866682248;5:
> Sprint has no place in halo.
>
> -It makes power positions less powerful because it makes rushing power positions less risky, thus eroding at a core aspect of halo gameplay which is controlling power positions.
>
> -It makes it easy for people to run away from their mistakes and survive when they should get killed. If someone gets first shot on you you can either fight and win (skill) or run away (no skill), and sprint just makes it much easier to run away, thus slowing down the gameplay.
>
> -Sprint helps noobs more than it helps good players for the reasons stated above and it slows down the flow of the match for the reasons I stated above.
>
> “but it helps you get around the map faster!!” that’s not even a legit argument because the maps were made bigger to accomodate sprint, PLUS base movement speed is slower in halo 4 so you’re not actually getting anywhere faster.
>
> Reach and Halo 4 are widely considered to be the worst Halo games and coincidence…they are the two Halo games with sprint. All it does it make the game more forgiving of mistakes, making the game less competitive and slows down the flow of the match.

Easy for people to run away, and easy for the attacker to chase after them
sprint helps noobs, hell most noobs i’ve ran into don’t even use sprint.
reach and 4 are the worst halo games, reach is the only halo game i see people still playing like it’s a brand new game. and 4 is hated mostly because 343i made it.
and the game is faster then normal with sprint.

> 2533274799339467;7:
> > 2533274872596817;4:
> > Sprinting can save you, helps you fall back to cover faster if your shields break.
>
>
> And THAT is the biggest reason WHY it slows down gameplay and doesn’t belong. You must be one of those COD crossovers. Run, shoot, hide, run away. Rinse repeat.
>
> Sprint must go for Halo to ever become what it was once again. If they must make the maps bigger, only include them in big team battle and give us more vehicles on the maps. Problem solved.

halo is changing and evolving u people want the same game over and over again surely u can’t tell me that won’t get boring eventually sure it’s fun but this makes the game a lot more fun in my opinion and ur bringing COD into this really? so without sprint ur saying people shoot someone continue moving and get shot even more when they have low health? i don’t think so if ur hurt in any game it’s best to take cover.

every halo has something different. you don’t like sprint? you don’t like halo. i still don’t see how sprint makes maps smaller, i see heaps of noobs NOT using sprint.

> 2533274995703044;2:
> sprinting made halo WAY better cause you could travel across maps faster, i don’t like people who say halo sucks just because there is sprint

I agree when I was younger and played Halo 3 it took ages to get to the Power Weapons because they’re normally in the middle. Now it’s way faster

> 2533274923639240;10:
> > 2533274964143689;3:
> > > 2533274995703044;2:
> > > sprinting made halo WAY better cause you could travel across maps faster, i don’t like people who say halo sucks just because there is sprint
> >
> >
> >
> > Sprint made maps larger… Sprint slows down gameplay.
>
>
> So what about blood gulch? which is easily the biggest map in halo history (Besides forge maps)

Boneyard was much larger than blood gulch.And that’s just the one i can think of off the top of my head, I’m sure there are a lot of maps bigger than blood gulch.

> 2533274923639240;11:
> > 2533274866682248;5:
> > Sprint has no place in halo.
> >
> > -It makes power positions less powerful because it makes rushing power positions less risky, thus eroding at a core aspect of halo gameplay which is controlling power positions.
> >
> > -It makes it easy for people to run away from their mistakes and survive when they should get killed. If someone gets first shot on you you can either fight and win (skill) or run away (no skill), and sprint just makes it much easier to run away, thus slowing down the gameplay.
> >
> > -Sprint helps noobs more than it helps good players for the reasons stated above and it slows down the flow of the match for the reasons I stated above.
> >
> > “but it helps you get around the map faster!!” that’s not even a legit argument because the maps were made bigger to accomodate sprint, PLUS base movement speed is slower in halo 4 so you’re not actually getting anywhere faster.
> >
> > Reach and Halo 4 are widely considered to be the worst Halo games and coincidence…they are the two Halo games with sprint. All it does it make the game more forgiving of mistakes, making the game less competitive and slows down the flow of the match.
>
>
>
> Easy for people to run away, and easy for the attacker to chase after them
> sprint helps noobs, hell most noobs i’ve ran into don’t even use sprint.
> reach and 4 are the worst halo games, reach is the only halo game i see people still playing like it’s a brand new game. and 4 is hated mostly because 343i made it.
> and the game is faster then normal with sprint.

Incorrect.

A good halo player won’t chase for a kill because all the guy who got hurt has to do is run towards his teammates. And even if he does chase during that time neither of them can shoot and the clock is ticking for shields to recharge again. Sprint slows down the gameplay because it makes it easier to run away from your mistakes. Facts are facts whether you agree with them or not.

I would not see the Spartans as much of a super soldier or even have impressive armor (other than looks and shields) if they cannot sprint at all. I mean really how many soldiers much less super soldiers cannot sprint. I think it makes for faster paced gameplay on small maps and gives many more tactical options because of your ability to get around quicker. I would still say that I liked halo reach’s way of giving it as an ability rather than a built in thing, but really both seem to work ok.

> 2533274949078675;17:
> I would not see the Spartans as much of a super soldier or even have impressive armor (other than looks and shields) if they cannot sprint at all. I mean really how many soldiers much less super soldiers cannot sprint. I think it makes for faster paced gameplay on small maps and gives many more tactical options because of your ability to get around quicker. I would still say that I liked halo reach’s way of giving it as an ability rather than a built in thing, but really both seem to work ok.

Personally i hated the ability of sprint from reach i much prefer halo 4 default sprint.

> 2533274866682248;16:
> > 2533274923639240;11:
> > > 2533274866682248;5:
> > > Sprint has no place in halo.
> > >
> > > -It makes power positions less powerful because it makes rushing power positions less risky, thus eroding at a core aspect of halo gameplay which is controlling power positions.
> > >
> > > -It makes it easy for people to run away from their mistakes and survive when they should get killed. If someone gets first shot on you you can either fight and win (skill) or run away (no skill), and sprint just makes it much easier to run away, thus slowing down the gameplay.
> > >
> > > -Sprint helps noobs more than it helps good players for the reasons stated above and it slows down the flow of the match for the reasons I stated above.
> > >
> > > “but it helps you get around the map faster!!” that’s not even a legit argument because the maps were made bigger to accomodate sprint, PLUS base movement speed is slower in halo 4 so you’re not actually getting anywhere faster.
> > >
> > > Reach and Halo 4 are widely considered to be the worst Halo games and coincidence…they are the two Halo games with sprint. All it does it make the game more forgiving of mistakes, making the game less competitive and slows down the flow of the match.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Easy for people to run away, and easy for the attacker to chase after them
> > sprint helps noobs, hell most noobs i’ve ran into don’t even use sprint.
> > reach and 4 are the worst halo games, reach is the only halo game i see people still playing like it’s a brand new game. and 4 is hated mostly because 343i made it.
> > and the game is faster then normal with sprint.
>
>
> Incorrect.
>
> A good halo player won’t chase for a kill because all the guy who got hurt has to do is run towards his teammates. And even if he does chase during that time neither of them can shoot and the clock is ticking for shields to recharge again. Sprint slows down the gameplay because it makes it easier to run away from your mistakes. Facts are facts whether you agree with them or not.

Maybe but if they start running away, then they run away if u can’t get the kill before they run behind cover simple as that u failed and u have to try again later. and if they do get behind cover a good grenade solves that problem or rushing them before they fully recharge.

A: sprinting doesn’t make it take forever to walk 20 feet

B: it gives a noob like me a chance to live another 10 seconds