Types of UNSC Personnel

After a week or so of lapping up the campaign on legendary and on solo I realized that there is a lot of variety in the types of UNSC allies in the game. For e.g. there are:

*Normal Marines
*Officers
*Special Ops (Black Uniform)
*Medical Marines (White/Red)
*Spartans (do they all look alike?)

I want to know if you have encountered any other types of marines or allies in the game, as I know there are others but I have catalogue them as of yet. Also which ones are your Favourite?

p.s. There are lots of UNSC personnel in the level where you drive the Pelican (Composer?), this is where Campaign theatre would be handy, but we don’t have it yet :frowning:

Also you can Help us here if u like!

I wouldn’t really call the Marines with the black uniforms Special Ops, seeing as how they are just guards.

Black uniform =/= special ops.

Also, Marine uniforms look awful in this game.

OT: I think you covered everything. Except Lasky’s uniform (although he is the only NPC wearing that type).

Actually there were other flight officers in the pelican bay that had a uniform that resembled Lasky’s.

I was just playing the campaign once again and I still can’t believe the variety.

I still don’t know if I have every type of ally covered.

> After a week or so of lapping up the campaign on legendary and on solo I realized that there is a lot of variety in the types of UNSC allies in the game. For e.g. there are:
>
> *Normal Marines
> *Officers
> *Special Ops (Black Uniform)
> *Medical Marines (White/Red)
> *Spartans (do they all look alike?)
>
> I want to know if you have encountered any other types of marines or allies in the game, as I know there are others but I have catalogue them as of yet. Also which ones are your Favourite?
>
> p.s. There are lots of UNSC personnel in the level where you drive the Pelican (Composer?), this is where Campaign theatre would be handy, but we don’t have it yet :frowning:
>
> Also you can Help us here if u like!

Bit unrealistic IMO.

On a normal navy ship (destroyer or something)

You have two types, sailors and officers.

On a carrier ( like infinity)

You will probably have

Sailors
Regular Officers
A few marines
Pilots (officers)

You dont have 15,000 different branches of the military to fulfill every role, and they certainly dont all wear a different uniform.

The Infinity has all military branches of the UNSC on board. It was built to be humanity’s beacon in case Earth was lost.

> The Infinity has all military branches of the UNSC on board. It was built to be humanity’s beacon in case Earth was lost.

  1. I doubt it has the airforce onboard
  2. I doubt the UNSC army is on board
  3. No sign of ODST’s at all

You dont need every military branch to save humanity.

Army, navy, marines, and airforce are all there. It’s even directly said in the dialogue.

ODSTs are part of the marines. They weren’t seen in the game though. But they’re probably there. Maybe on the frigates that infinity carries since they’ve always been deployed from those ships in the Halo games.

I’m fairly sure that humanity made heavy use of all it’s military branches surviving the war against the Covenant. Each human planet should have a complete array of military personnel. So no surprise that an explorer of new worlds would carry them all.

> Army, navy, marines, and airforce are all there. It’s even said in the dialogue.
>
> ODSTs are part of the marines. They weren’t seen in the game though. But they’re probably there. Maybe on the frigates that infinity carries since they’ve always been deployed from those ships in the Halo games.

Wait what?

Infinity carries frigates on it?

I get the ship is massive but that is bordering on lunacy. The game is set only a few years after Halo 3. In the book fall of reach ( set during reach) their ships where about 1/10th that size.

Yeah. Watch the spartan ops episodes. You should really just read up infinity on the halo wiki.

It was secretly under construction during the war, and it carries forerunner technology.

> > After a week or so of lapping up the campaign on legendary and on solo I realized that there is a lot of variety in the types of UNSC allies in the game. For e.g. there are:
> >
> > *Normal Marines
> > *Officers
> > *Special Ops (Black Uniform)
> > *Medical Marines (White/Red)
> > *Spartans (do they all look alike?)
> >
> > I want to know if you have encountered any other types of marines or allies in the game, as I know there are others but I have catalogue them as of yet. Also which ones are your Favourite?
> >
> > p.s. There are lots of UNSC personnel in the level where you drive the Pelican (Composer?), this is where Campaign theatre would be handy, but we don’t have it yet :frowning:
> >
> > Also you can Help us here if u like!
>
> Bit unrealistic IMO.
>
> On a normal navy ship (destroyer or something)
>
> You have two types, sailors and officers.
>
> On a carrier ( like infinity)
>
> You will probably have
>
> Sailors
> Regular Officers
> A few marines
> Pilots (officers)
>
> You dont have 15,000 different branches of the military to fulfill every role, and they certainly dont all wear a different uniform.

On a normal US Naval ship, you would have Enlisted & Officers. Both are Sailors, as they are in the Navy. If the ship is an amphibious ship, it would still have the two priors, in addition to having Enlisted Marines & Marine Officers. Religious & Medical personnel currently wear the same type of uniform as Sailors or Marines (it is dependent on whether they are attached to a Navy unit or a Marine unit). Now, thats not to say that they don’t wear identifiers that mark them as religious or medical personnel, so them wearing a different uniform in the future isnt really too much of a stretch.

That aside, given the sheer size of the Infinity, it may be possible that ODSTs are living in other quarters of the ship but it still would be odd to not see them at least in Spartan Ops alongside regular Marines.

-Before anyone says I don’t know what Im talking about, I’ve been in the Marines for the last 8 years.

> Infinity carries frigates on it?

First episode of Spartan Ops, when the Infinity completes its slipspace jump, it begins deploying Frigates from its hull.

> > > After a week or so of lapping up the campaign on legendary and on solo I realized that there is a lot of variety in the types of UNSC allies in the game. For e.g. there are:
> > >
> > > *Normal Marines
> > > *Officers
> > > *Special Ops (Black Uniform)
> > > *Medical Marines (White/Red)
> > > *Spartans (do they all look alike?)
> > >
> > > I want to know if you have encountered any other types of marines or allies in the game, as I know there are others but I have catalogue them as of yet. Also which ones are your Favourite?
> > >
> > > p.s. There are lots of UNSC personnel in the level where you drive the Pelican (Composer?), this is where Campaign theatre would be handy, but we don’t have it yet :frowning:
> > >
> > > Also you can Help us here if u like!
> >
> > Bit unrealistic IMO.
> >
> > On a normal navy ship (destroyer or something)
> >
> > You have two types, sailors and officers.
> >
> > On a carrier ( like infinity)
> >
> > You will probably have
> >
> > Sailors
> > Regular Officers
> > A few marines
> > Pilots (officers)
> >
> > You dont have 15,000 different branches of the military to fulfill every role, and they certainly dont all wear a different uniform.
>
> On a normal US Naval ship, you would have Enlisted & Officers. Both are Sailors, as they are in the Navy. If the ship is an amphibious ship, it would still have the two priors, in addition to having Enlisted Marines & Marine Officers. Religious & Medical personnel currently wear the same type of uniform as Sailors or Marines (it is dependent on whether they are attached to a Navy unit or a Marine unit). Now, thats not to say that they don’t wear identifiers that mark them as religious or medical personnel, so them wearing a different uniform in the future isnt really too much of a stretch.
>
> That aside, given the sheer size of the Infinity, it may be possible that ODSTs are living in other quarters of the ship but it still would be odd to not see them at least in Spartan Ops alongside regular Marines.
>
> -Before anyone says I don’t know what Im talking about, I’ve been in the Marines for the last 8 years.

I was mainly talking about the different uniforms in my post. Lasky and Del Rio seem to have their own personal fashion designer, the black spec ops guys, spartans, marines, (odsts which arent seen) then just the regular sailors and officers, not marines. Seems like too many uniforms to work

The ‘black spec ops guys’ are guards of the ONI space station. Lasky and Del Rio wear what every UNSC officer has worn in all the games.

> The ‘black spec ops guys’ are guards of the ONI space station. Lasky and Del Rio wear what every UNSC officer has worn in all the games.

Dont see captain keyes, captain keyes daugher AKA captain keyes, lord hood, anyone else wearing their uniform with that hugh thing on their shoulder.

Military uniforms dont just change every year, cerimonial uniforms ( what lasky is wearing) hang around for decades and form a tradition, they dont rotate them like 343 rotates its playlists.

So despite all these different types of marines there is like what, 3 missions with marines in it?

> I was mainly talking about the different uniforms in my post. Lasky and Del Rio seem to have their own personal fashion designer, the black spec ops guys, spartans, marines, (odsts which arent seen) then just the regular sailors and officers, not marines. Seems like too many uniforms to work

You are correct in that regard. Ceremonial uniforms do not change so rapidly. Especially when Lord Hood was wearing the Navy Whites in Halo 3 (The formal uniform he had on, a uniform used by todays Navy) & now, 4 years later they’ve changed it. The only reasoning I can think behind that the new uniforms would denote something significant like them surviving the Human-Covenant War. But it’s never really explained so it does seem out of place.