Tying thruster pack use, to the other abilities

This is just an idea I threw around with a couple of my friends and I think that it’s worth thinking over.

after you ground pound or shoulder charge you can immediately use your thruster pack, why?

From a gameplay perspective the person who just got ground pouned or charged is already at a disadvantage cause they’re low on shields and know they have to guess where this guy is going to thrust.

From game logic perspective it doesn’t make sense that you’re essentially using the thruster pack twice.

I’d like to hear what you guys think.

That’s an interesting idea, I like it.

Makes sense.

Sorta want more attention on this topic I know there a lot more wrong with this game but I think it’s a good balance of these abilities of they are here to stay.

It would be a good balance I think
Nice idea OP

Hey dude dat’s my idea. I guess we both came up with it independently but it’s a good idea. They should all be tied together and have the same cooldown tied to each other. Use one and you have to wait for the cooldown to end to use another.

Shameless bump because this needs to be seen.

OP perfectly valid point. I don’t think the gameplay logic has been thought through or tested as much as you might think.

Its worth mentioning, I think all spartan abilities should be tied together… then removed from the game. :slight_smile:

No offense to those who like the abilities, but these things that seem small have a huge impact on the experience. It’s obvious these small interactions haven’t been thought through.

Now the fun part. Imagine how these abilities will interact with vehicles. I mean really sit down and think about it.

> 2533274794673678;8:
> OP perfectly valid point. I don’t think the gameplay logic has been thought through or tested as much as you might think.
>
> Its worth mentioning, I think all spartan abilities should be tied together… then removed from the game. :slight_smile:
>
> No offense to those who like the abilities, but these things that seem small have a huge impact on the experience. It’s obvious these small interactions haven’t been thought through.
>
> Now the fun part. Imagine how these abilities will interact with vehicles. I mean really sit down and think about it.

big team is a worry, and i wouldn’t be sad to see any of the abilities go by the wayside.

but yeah absolutely i don’t see any of this stuff fit in with big team.

> 2533274811643195;1:
> This is just an idea I threw around with a couple of my friends and I think that it’s worth thinking over.
>
> after you ground pound or shoulder charge you can immediately use your thruster pack, why?
>
> From a gameplay perspective the person who just got ground pouned or charged is already at a disadvantage cause they’re low on shields and know they have to guess where this guy is going to thrust.
>
> From game logic perspective it doesn’t make sense that you’re essentially using the thruster pack twice.
>
> I’d like to hear what you guys think.

I didn’t realise you could use thruster pack straight after…isn’t there a cool down time post using the ground pound? If there is then leave it, if not then there should be.

My concern is more with shoulder barge…It is very disorientating and doesn’t even kill the person receiving a bash… Its use usually ends up with your death

> I didn’t realise you could use thruster pack straight after…isn’t there a cool down time post using the ground pound? If there is then leave it, if not then there should be.
> My concern is more with shoulder barge…It is very disorientating and doesn’t even kill the person receiving a bash… Its use usually ends up with your death

yes you can thrust immediately after both. and every time i see my teammate or i get shoulder “barged” it usually ends in death of the barged not the barger, maybe i’m just unlucky.

I think these Spartan Abilities will be fine with BTB. If we can have durable vehicles again, then all will be good. Halo Reach and 4’s problem was that vehicles were very vulnerable to small arms fire. That isn’t necessary now since we have thruster to avoid Banshee Bombs, Wraith Mortars, and Tank shots. As long as Ground Pound doesn’t do heavy damage to vehicles then BTB should be ok. I’d also like to have a Warthog that doesn’t flip over after driving over a pebble.

Using Charge and Ground Pound against small vehicles is going to be very fun though. I can’t wait to do a Hellboy with Ground Pound to the front of a Warthog and make it flip over. “Red means stop!” BOOM, WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH, KERSPAAUGHGHGH!"

> 2533275004372869;12:
> I think these Spartan Abilities will be fine with BTB. If we can have durable vehicles again, then all will be good. Halo Reach and 4’s problem was that vehicles were very vulnerable to small arms fire. That isn’t necessary now since we have thruster to avoid Banshee Bombs, Wraith Mortars, and Tank shots. As long as Ground Pound doesn’t do heavy damage to vehicles then BTB should be ok. I’d also like to have a Warthog that doesn’t flip over after driving over a pebble.
>
> Using Charge and Ground Pound against small vehicles is going to be very fun though. I can’t wait to do a Hellboy with Ground Pound to the front of a Warthog and make it flip over. “Red means stop!” BOOM, WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH, KERSPAAUGHGHGH!"

nice reference there but agreed don’t make ground pound kill a warthog or a scorpion.

I don’t even want to have this problem of even dealing with these abilities but it seems as though they are here to stay so we have to find a way to balance them as best we can before launch. I feel as though this is a slight fix that could go a long way in balancing the abilities.

i really hope there play tested internally extensively on big team.

And thinking about it Vehicles might need to be faster because of enhanced Spartan mobility.

> 2533274811643195;13:
> > 2533275004372869;12:
> > I think these Spartan Abilities will be fine with BTB. If we can have durable vehicles again, then all will be good. Halo Reach and 4’s problem was that vehicles were very vulnerable to small arms fire. That isn’t necessary now since we have thruster to avoid Banshee Bombs, Wraith Mortars, and Tank shots. As long as Ground Pound doesn’t do heavy damage to vehicles then BTB should be ok. I’d also like to have a Warthog that doesn’t flip over after driving over a pebble.
> >
> > Using Charge and Ground Pound against small vehicles is going to be very fun though. I can’t wait to do a Hellboy with Ground Pound to the front of a Warthog and make it flip over. “Red means stop!” BOOM, WHOOSH-WHOOSH-WHOOSH, KERSPAAUGHGHGH!"
>
>
>
> nice reference there but agreed don’t make ground pound kill a warthog or a scorpion.

Except the vehicles will be useless, unless they do extreme amounts of damage to other players. Splash damage of all large vehicles will be increased to compensate for sprint and dash, much like grenades already have. This alone is makes getting indirect kills more common, therefore reducing the need for direct kills [skill].

Getting a splatter will be very difficult. Players have unlimited sprint, ability to dash, also to float in mid air (by scoping or initiating ground pound).

This was an idea I had, one thing that I have been guilty of taking advantage of is exploiting running away with sprint. Just to prove it still happens, but one thing I’ve found very effective for running away is sprint, shoulder charge, then thrust into cover. I have been exploiting this but I do understand that it needs to be changed.

> 2533275033353610;17:
> This was an idea I had, one thing that I have been guilty of taking advantage of is exploiting running away with sprint. Just to prove it still happens, but one thing I’ve found very effective for running away is sprint, shoulder charge, then thrust into cover. I have been exploiting this but I do understand that it needs to be changed.

there’s so many vids on youtube of players getting away from a situation that there would just be no way possible of getting away without sprint and clamber.

I think tying a cool down to pound or charge would be fine. But nothing else. I only agree because both abilities are supposed to be risky. Being able to dodge immediately after kind of removes risk to a point.