Two shotguns as ordnance

Well, according to the latest bulletin, the human shotgun is now a ordnance drop.

> Chris - The new Shotgun model is SICK and definitely reads as a bit more futuristic than the previous versions. It actually has a lot longer range now, less damage falloff, and is quite a bit more powerful than say the Reach version overall, but some of that dialed up power is countered by the other changes in the game like Sprint by default, mobility-based Armor Abilities, and generally faster movement speeds. <mark>This is definitely one of my favorite ordnance weapons.</mark> I especially love finding one when I have the Speed Boost in MP.

Well my thought was…doesn’t it seem redundant to have both the shotgun and scattershot as ordnance drops? I got a chance to use the scattershot at RTX and it felt like something between Reach’s shotgun and CE’s. It was powerful to be blunt While at the same time Chris (as mentioned) says the shotgun in H4 will have less of a damaging falling point and more range than Reach’s, but Frankie says it overall less powerful than Reach’s or any of the previous titles to be precise.

So unless they keep the concept that the human shotgun has better range while the promethean version has more damage. Doesn’t it seem strange to have both as ordnance drops? Since they both fit the same purpose.

Maybe one’s a POD, while the other is a regular OD?

> Maybe one’s a POD, while the other is a regular OD?

Perhaps…
Taking time to think about it, yeah that sounds about right. But the question is, which would be which?

human shot gun is tilted towards power, while the prom shot gun is tilted towards flexibility. shots bounce off of walls, and is some what weaker. (takes two shots to kill)

> Maybe one’s a POD, while the other is a regular OD?

I’m guessing this, unless they are majorly different.

> human shot gun is tilted towards power, while the prom shot gun is tilted towards flexibility. shots bounce off of walls, and is some what weaker. (takes two shots to kill)

Not entirely. You’re right that it is flexible in that regard, but overall, it has wider spread, so it’s effective range is much closer, but it does deal massive damage at closer range.

Well, we have the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle and Promethean Sniper, but nobody is saying anything about any redundancy issues there. :wink:

It’s just for adding more variety into the sandbox, which is never a bad thing.

> human shot gun is tilted towards power, while the prom shot gun is tilted towards flexibility. shots bounce off of walls, and is some what weaker. (takes two shots to kill)

Scatter shot can kill in one.

> Well, we have the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle and Promethean Sniper, but nobody is saying anything about any redundancy issues there. :wink:
>
> It’s just for adding more variety into the sandbox, which is never a bad thing.

Actually lol, there were people calling it redundant when beam rifle was announced.

Not to mention they can be used on different maps and for different purposes. Human shotgun is extremely close range sure kill, as usual, but horrible at range. The scattershot/Promethean version does a batter job at range, not to mention the added “bounciness”.
Both are shotguns, but they have very different roles much like the BR and DMR can co-exist in peace :slight_smile:

> > Well, we have the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle and Promethean Sniper, but nobody is saying anything about any redundancy issues there. :wink:
> >
> > It’s just for adding more variety into the sandbox, which is never a bad thing.
>
> Actually lol, there were people calling it redundant when beam rifle was announced.

wait what? When was the Beam rifle confirmed?

> > > Well, we have the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle and Promethean Sniper, but nobody is saying anything about any redundancy issues there. :wink:
> > >
> > > It’s just for adding more variety into the sandbox, which is never a bad thing.
> >
> > Actually lol, there were people calling it redundant when beam rifle was announced.
>
> wait what? When was the Beam rifle confirmed?

About a week back.