Two Quick Ideas For Warzone

Alrighty, I had a bit of an idea, it may be stupid, but it may not be. Tell me what you think XD

-For high level REQ Warthogs, perhaps a weak marine on the turret?
My reasoning for this:
In my past playing of Warzone, I RARELY see an actual warthog with a driver and a gunner that actually doesn’t die a few seconds after driving. Also, sometimes people don’t want to ride in a warthog. And there goes your ONI Warthog, virtually useless because your team doesn’t want to ride/drive with you. A marine in the gunners may solve this, Warthogs have more use, etc. You may argue this creates less teamwork, but you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Turrets for bases?
Believe it or not, I miss Dominion from Halo 4. It was a lot like strongholds, but with turrets and more!
While Warzone pretty much has all the aspects from Dominion, the turrets never made it. It would be interesting to see those turrets are Req’s for your base? Maybe? Or perhaps you would have to build them, etc.

Pretty awful ideas, am I right? :slight_smile:

I would like to see both of these ideas. That would be pretty cool.

Could work. I’d like to see Dominion just flat out return as a whole honesty lol

Interesting, I feel though the fact you can spawn in a mobile turret almost negates the turret on the base, but still a cool idea.

> 2533274883270007;3:
> Could work. I’d like to see Dominion just flat out return as a whole honesty lol

I second this

Thanks guys XD :slight_smile:

If not the spawn with a marine idea, then perhaps being able to get marines from the bases to hop in when you honk near them.

like the second idea but not the firs sorry but not pratical

> 2535406558855322;1:
> Alrighty, I had a bit of an idea, it may be stupid, but it may not be. Tell me what you think XD
>
> -For high level REQ Warthogs, perhaps a weak marine on the turret?
> My reasoning for this:
> In my past playing of Warzone, I RARELY see an actual warthog with a driver and a gunner that actually doesn’t die a few seconds after driving. Also, sometimes people don’t want to ride in a warthog. And there goes your ONI Warthog, virtually useless because your team doesn’t want to ride/drive with you. A marine in the gunners may solve this, Warthogs have more use, etc. You may argue this creates less teamwork, but you know. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> -Turrets for bases?
> Believe it or not, I miss Dominion from Halo 4. It was a lot like strongholds, but with turrets and more!
> While Warzone pretty much has all the aspects from Dominion, the turrets never made it. It would be interesting to see those turrets are Req’s for your base? Maybe? Or perhaps you would have to build them, etc.
>
> Pretty awful ideas, am I right? :slight_smile:

Not awful ideas in the slightest.
I’ve always had thoughts for ways to make Warthogs and even vehicles with an extra gunner seat, more applicable in the not uncommon situation where you’re playing solo and nobody on your team wants to hop in. I understand that somebody might not want to hop in the front seat and drive around while I kill people, but oddly enough, I sometimes have trouble getting a volunteer for the rear gunner. I’ve been snubbed when presenting myself (lol) with an open ONI chain gun position and even sometimes with a rocket hog or gauss cannon. More consistently, though, I hate the feeling of almost always wasting the pintle gunner seat on Scorpions and Wraiths. Granted, those guns do suck horribly, but it would be neat if it were a viable role to play.

I’m 100% with you on the Dominion comments, man. In Warzone, the only sense we get that each base is anything more than a color coded box, are the pathetic (but also courageous) Marines that spawn in. Dominion was awesome because each base felt like an actual facility (if not a small and basic one) that warranted defending. The execution wasn’t perfect, but the concept of fortifying and building up defenses at a base was immensely satisfying and it was nice to feel like there was an actual layer of defense to help fight off attackers that didn’t consist entirely of human players. Autonomy provides the sense that there’s more going on in the game than just a bunch of dudes playing in front of their TV, just like you. The way Warzone includes AI enemies and bosses is already a contributing step in the direction of providing a more “expansive” vibe to the game, so the other Dominion features (as well as many others in the same vein) would fit in perfectly.

But yeah, I also liked the fact that in Dominion, controlling a certain base didn’t just mean your team owned a scoring territory, but could also mean your team now had control of spawning certain vehicles or weapons that the other team wouldn’t, like the garages that produced ghosts every so often. It’s the clever details and intricacies that make game modes like Dominion and INVASION (don’t get me started on how fantastic that mode was, and the perfect balance of the asymmetrical gameplay and faction set up) so unique and compelling and Warzone just doesn’t have enough of them, as it stands.

I liked how Invasion actually had the balls to use a TRUE asymmetric set up, extending as far as the player characters themselves and the weapons that would be made available to them. That would be the perfect excuse to bring back playable Elites for the people that really want them. It didn’t matter that they had different hit boxes, animations, sizes and silhouette characteristics (all of the reasons we’re told it’s too hard to implement Elites) because that was whole point to begin with.
I guess I just really miss the extra variety that kept games from feeling like the same Big Team BRs/Pistols matches that we have now.

> 2533274883270007;3:
> Could work. I’d like to see Dominion just flat out return as a whole honesty lol

And this, btw.

Hmm, the marine idea is pretty cool but then if your whole team gets warthogs you will practiclly double your team size! Yeah they will be weak but it could be abused if not carefull!

I do like your idea of using REQs to buy base defenses! I included the idea for a potential firefight idea. You buy marines and turrets with REQs etc.

Only problem is its hard enough sometimes to attack a base, buying defences would make it twice as hard and especially the fact teams are not sorted by skill

P.S. I do miss domination :’(

> 2535406558855322;1:
> Alrighty, I had a bit of an idea, it may be stupid, but it may not be. Tell me what you think XD
>
> -For high level REQ Warthogs, perhaps a weak marine on the turret?
> My reasoning for this:
> In my past playing of Warzone, I RARELY see an actual warthog with a driver and a gunner that actually doesn’t die a few seconds after driving. Also, sometimes people don’t want to ride in a warthog. And there goes your ONI Warthog, virtually useless because your team doesn’t want to ride/drive with you. A marine in the gunners may solve this, Warthogs have more use, etc. You may argue this creates less teamwork, but you know. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> -Turrets for bases?
> Believe it or not, I miss Dominion from Halo 4. It was a lot like strongholds, but with turrets and more!
> While Warzone pretty much has all the aspects from Dominion, the turrets never made it. It would be interesting to see those turrets are Req’s for your base? Maybe? Or perhaps you would have to build them, etc.
>
> Pretty awful ideas, am I right? :slight_smile:

I just sell all the warthogs I get.