Two Person Assassinations

Something that Halo hasn’t tapped yet into would be assassinations that take two players to execute (for Warzone or Firefight bosses).

For example; One person initiates the assassination on the desired boss, then there’s an allotted time where the first character goes into a killing animation with the enemy (much like every other assassination currently) but then a second player could initiate an assassination on the same boss within that time frame causing both players to be climbing/stabbing (changes with each enemy class) the foe in one freaking awesome kill scene…

Now that would be cool. Perhaps something in Halo 6? Wishful thinking, but why stop there? 3/4 player take-downs anyone?

E**dit: Q & A Discussions
Q: Who gets the kill credit? Can enemy teams stop the animation?
A: Great question, with two people we have options. My intent would be both characters get the kill credit*.* And yes an enemy could stop the animation by killing both players, if one player still lives the animation continues for a few seconds (for another person to jump in or to be knocked off) until the assassination ultimately kills the boss__.*__
----
<em>Q: What If the two characters involved are on opposing teams, would then both teams get the boost?</em>
<em>A:</em> This could have potential issues; possibly you could only do a double assassination with members of the same team. But wouldn’t it be nuts to have opposing teams hashing it out on the same animation? What if when two opposing teams double up on the same enemy the animation continues until one of them gets shot or knocked off? Whoa… potentially nerve racking boss fights for sure!
----
Q: Would this be available in Arena matches or double assassinating enemy Spartans?
A: No, I really don’t think this would be necessary or honestly very feasible. While it would be kinda cool, the chance of this actually happening in an online match would be unrealistic. The intent of this double assassination kill animation I would encourage to be for boss takedowns in Warzone/Firefight.

An interesing and cool idea. If the developers could pull this off in the next Halo it what add some fun and innovation back into assassinations.

Cool idea, but who gets the assassination credit? What does the kill feed look like? Can an enemy effectively stop the assassination from happening at that point? I agree though, this would make for a sick animation.

That’s an awesome idea!
To answer one of Omicron 360’s questions, I’d say an enemy could stop the assassination(s) but it would be more difficult, now having to kill both enemies before the killing blow(s) are dealt.

> 2533274805664836;3:
> Cool idea, but who gets the assassination credit? What does the kill feed look like? Can an enemy effectively stop the assassination from happening at that point? I agree though, this would make for a sick animation.

A: Great question, with two people we have options. My intent would be both characters get the kill credit*.* And yes an enemy could stop the animation by killing both players, if one player still lives the animation continues.

Q: What If the two characters involved are on opposing teams, would then both teams get the boost?
A: This could have potential issues; possibly you could only do a double assassination with members of the same team. But wouldn’t it be fun to have opposing teams hashing it out? What if when two opposing teams double up on the same enemy the animation continues until one of them gets shot or knocked off? Whoa… potentially nerve racking boss fights for sure!

that sounds like a really cool idea and that will put an end to those who steal assassinations

This would be a really cool addition, but they would have to come up with some kind of code to recognize the initial assassin and determine which would get the kill and which one would get the assist. Would love to see this though…I could see me dieing a lot trying to get this to land correctely, but would be so worth the kill!

How about this: one red Spartan sneaks up behind a blue Spartan as he is crouched on all fours. Then another red Spartan pushes the blue Spartan and he falls over. Then they all have a good laugh and die from a tank.

YEs do it

sounds like a rare occurrence but i like the idea dont know the technicalities of how something like this could go down in creation of it and the actual execution while playing, but if i ever got double assassinated by someone id have to turn off my xbox on the spot and go take a shower with my cloths on and try to scrub myself clean. but ill always feel violated after that R session.

> 2533274811194988;10:
> sounds like a rare occurrence but i like the idea dont know the technicalities of how something like this could go down in creation of it and the actual execution while playing, but if i ever got double assassinated by someone id have to turn off my xbox on the spot and go take a shower with my cloths on and try to scrub myself clean. but ill always feel violated after that R session.

haha! I can see the possible issues as well, and dually noted on the violation. It could get some people pretty furious lol

I can’t really see this being feasible for player assassinations, but for AI and Bosses? It could be possible.

Like 2-3 players working together to take down the Warden Eternal.

I think that would be quite practical, and would be pretty awesome.

Pfft. I don’t get normal assassinations enough as it is. This would be nigh-on impossible.

> 2533274827059524;12:
> I can’t really see this being feasible for player assassinations, but for AI and Bosses? It could be possible.
>
> Like 2-3 players working together to take down the Warden Eternal.
>
> I think that would be quite practical, and would be pretty awesome.

The intent of the double assassination is strictly for Warzone or Firefight bosses, just like as you mentioned in multiple people taking down a Warden or other large boss. I completely agree that the feasibility for taking down enemy Spartans this way would be unnecessary. Thanks for the comment!

I like the idea, but it would not happen often. This type of assassination would warrant an achievement due to it’s rarity.

> 2603643534586909;15:
> I like the idea, but it would not happen often. This type of assassination would warrant an achievement due to it’s rarity.

This is so true. Totally worth an achievement!

This would be an awesome feature in a future halo! Or a team takedown animation on a boss or ect.

> 2533274798310573;17:
> This would be an awesome feature in a future halo! Or a team takedown animation on a boss or ect.

I would love to see this in the future, maybe if enough people talk about it the possibility would come true

Why isn’t this a thing yet? Yes Please!! Good thinking Monty :wink:

Hell yes! This would be too sweet, and as an added bonus it’d help to encourage teamwork in Warzone and communication. Without communicating with teammates, it’d be that much harder to pull this off.