Two Campaigns? Two alternate endings?

My friend came up with this theory after watching the spartan Locke vs. Master Chief #HuntTheTruth trailers. what are your thoughts? I personaly don’t think It’ll happen considering halo has a pretty sturdy story that they don’t want to mess up but, it would amp up the number of people re-playing the story. Once again please share your thoughts.

It’s unnecessary, in my opinion, and would cause some confusion as to which is canon. I’m sure which ending is canon would be clarified immediately, but why go through that trouble?

God NO

I think it will play out similar to the arbiter and cheif parts in halo 2. Just one set campaign and ending.

343 won’t apply two different endings, based on 2 facts:

• They don’t mess with canon, period.- This is the Chief’s saga, made to further develop him as a character, and less of a machine. They won’t kill him on, nor do I think they will Locke.I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, my recent theory is that Locke is hunting Chief, or more accurately the imposter. Chief eventually gets pissed at ONI, and assaults Locke, thus why we see both of them seeming to have the upper hand on each other AND at different times of the day.

> 2533274807231709;5:
> 343 won’t apply two different endings, based on 2 facts:
>
> - They don’t mess with canon, period.
> - This is the Chief’s saga, made to further develop him as a character, and less of a machine. They won’t kill him on, nor do I think they will Locke.
> I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, my recent theory is that Locke is hunting Chief, or more accurately the imposter. Chief eventually gets pissed at ONI, and assaults Locke, thus why we see both of them seeming to have the upper hand on each other AND at different times of the day.

Yeah, I also think this
And Hunt tht Truth is giving more reasons to believe it

> 2533274807231709;5:
>
> - This is the Chief’s saga, made to further develop him as a character, and less of a machine. They won’t kill him on, nor do I think they will Locke.

Pretty much this. You don’t spend as much time developing politics, character motivation, and plot to suddenly undermine it with Blue/Red choice points. As much as I enjoy that sort of thing in the right context, you need to start with that in mind, If they did that, they would still absolutely have to have a canon ending, which ultimately means your choices need to have minor impact or one of them never happened. It’s just not how Halo is structured.

I think we will see one of two ways that Halo 5’s campaign will end up… Either with Locke and John as allies, or as enemies, and I want them to be friends, especially since Chief and the Arbiter showed they could be friendly, and Locke isn’t necessarily hostile to Chief as we have seen in MCC.

All I can say is that picking side to cheer for seems to be growing complicated, with the UNSC being under ONI’s domain, ONI being a bunch of cloak and daggers, the Storm faction wanting to eradicate ONI (mainly due to Halsey, but expands into the UNSC), and the Swords of Sanghelios, and the growing insurrectionists… It’s hard to say who you want to cheer for…

Also side note, but do you think it possible that they will have Chief try to return to his home world to try to gather more of who he is? I’m 90% sure it was glassed, but still…

> 2533274807231709;5:
>
> I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, my recent theory is that Locke is hunting Chief, or more accurately the imposter. Chief eventually gets pissed at ONI, and assaults Locke, thus why we see both of them seeming to have the upper hand on each other AND at different times of the day.

I tried explaining to my friend that something like a “make your own story” would ruin it.

> 2533275018311307;9:
> > 2533274807231709;5:
> > 343 won’t apply two different endings, based on 2 facts:
> >
> > - They don’t mess with canon, period.
> > - This is the Chief’s saga, made to further develop him as a character, and less of a machine. They won’t kill him on, nor do I think they will Locke.
> > I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, my recent theory is that Locke is hunting Chief, or more accurately the imposter. Chief eventually gets pissed at ONI, and assaults Locke, thus why we see both of them seeming to have the upper hand on each other AND at different times of the day.
>
>
> I tried explaining to my friend that something like a “make your own story” would ruin it.

The only way you will see something different would be playing the game on Legendary, or solo Legendary. That is my bet.

I’d like two separate selectable Campaign because I don’t want to be switching between 2 sets of four completely different characters with completely different motivations and stories. But there shouldn’t be multiple endings.

Canon already confuses some people… Why complicate it even more?