Two all-new Halo art/guide books coming out this year!

Well, there are two new Halo books coming out this year, one is a guide called Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, being released in July. It is pictured below.

And the other one is Halo: The Great Journey: The Art of Building Worlds, being released in October. It is pictured below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0857685627/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

Now it seems that the second book is the art book that Frank O’ Conner was talking about that would show the concept art of the Didact, but the thing is, I thought the first book was the art book, but it sounds like the second book is the art book. If so, then what is the first book? Is it a re-issue of the Encyclopedia? I am just confused here… :S

P.S. I do like the “Celebrating 10 years of Halo” stamp on the second book. That’s pretty cool.

Link#1
Link#2

I really can’t wait to take a look at the art work in great journey, october is so far way :frowning:

Not sure if the Didact art will be in there, but Frank wrote the introduction for Halo: The Great Journey: The Art of Building Worlds.

I don’t think Halo: The Essential Visual Guide is an encyclopedia reissue, it sounds like it is just a new visual encyclopedia (as in less text and more pictures.)

I’m really excited for the second one, The Art of Building Worlds sounds amazing.

The art book is a must!

Both of those look awesome, but the second book is most intriguing.

> Not sure if the Didact art will be in there, but Frank wrote the introduction for Halo: The Great Journey: The Art of Building Worlds.
>
> I don’t think Halo: The Essential Visual Guide is an encyclopedia reissue, it sounds like it is just a new visual encyclopedia (as in less text and more pictures.)
>
> I’m really excited for the second one, The Art of Building Worlds sounds amazing.

You know, after thinking about it, I think I cracked the code, and what you said is in it! The Essential Visual Guide is NOT a reissue of the encyclopedia, but a visual look at the things of the Halo universe, like the characters, in-universe. So its just what you said, less text and more pictures. As for the art book, it is just a “10 years of Halo” art book, and shows concept art of things from the games and other installments in the series, including the novels. So its just like The Art of Halo and The Art of Halo 3 (both of which I do not own because they are hard to find now a days but I looked at them thanks to friends that have them and online), but for the entire series, and for the 10th anniversary. So, I hope that clears it all up. Also, I hope that “Celebrating 10 years of Halo” stamp goes on other Halo products including other installments coming out this year. I guess 343i just came up with the idea, which would explain why any installments celebrating Halo’s 10th anniversary that have already come out, like Reach, Cryptum, and the Fall of Reach Comic Adaptation, don’t have it. I hope they put it on The Essential Visual Guide as well.

The current description of the visual guide perfectly matches the description of the current encyclopedia word for word. It could just be filler content though. I’ve been meaning to bring this information to light for awhile now, but been busy at home.

> The current description of the visual guide perfectly matches the description of the current encyclopedia word for word. It could just be filler content though. I’ve been meaning to bring this information to light for awhile now, but been busy at home.

Yea, I saw that too, and thought the same thing, but now I know the visual guide is not a reissue of the encyclopedia because they are reissuing the encyclopedia with sixteen new pages in September. The link is below.

Well that explains that, except I just really do not know if will get the reissue because it is $40.00 and I have it already. I just really don’t know right now, but I find it funny that 343i has not announced these new books yet, and book store already have them listed down and there covers were leaked out. I know 343i will announce them soon though, but what are your thoughts on the encyclopedia reissue?

I think the current encyclopedia will be renamed Visual Guide as that’s more of what it is anyway. The new book will be a more proper encyclopedia.

However, we could all be wrong.

Well, DK Publishing, Inc. will be publishing two Halo books this year; one of them is a new book called Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, and the other is one we’ve seen before; The Halo Encyclopedia: Revised and Expanded, but we all know about this books, but Barnes and Noble has put their final covers on their website (the Essential Visual Guide looks way better than before). Here are the links.

Yet, I’m surprised that 343 has not reviled these books yet, but they reviled the Great Journey art book which had that “10 years of Halo” sticker on it, but I wounder if these books will have it. What do you guys think?

Fixed.

The first one is around my birthday.
The second one is way later.

Well, The Essential Visual Guide has just been released. I got and it was great! Now I will answer some questions. Now this is NOT a reissue of the Halo Encyclopedia, that isn’t coming out until later this year. This is more of a Halo dictionary. And the description online is not the real one. The real one is on the back of the book. Perhaps the writer made a mistake and thought something different. Now it only focuses on the characters, locations, weapons, vehicles, species, and technology from all the games, but if it appears outside of the games and in the expanding universe then its purpose there will be mentioned. Each thing has its own statistics look, which mainly states its purpose in the games. The book also looks at the best Halo multiplayer maps from the games and how they’ve become the best of the best in Halo’s multiplayer. It also revieals a lot of new stuff in the Halo story that either we have wanted to know or that we never would have suspected. I won’t reveal any since that would be spoiling, but many of these reveals were HUGE. But one thing that I will say is this: sorry, but NO this book does NOT clear up the Halo Reach/Halo: The Fall of Reach conflict that has been gong on. I think the reissued Encyclopedia will do that since it says that it will have new pages covering the events of Halo Reach. Now 343 did in fact announce this book, but not as a headline on the front page, but in the merchandise section, but it doesn’t matter how they announced it, what matters is that they announced it nonetheless. I guess this is what they will do with the reissued Encyclopedia. So in conclusion, The Essential Visual Guide is a great Halo reference book from DK, and I would say YES to getting it! :smiley:

Looks cool, but if it doesn’t have anything about the Halo story, I really couldn’t care less about it. But, sometimes those books do have story info in them.

Amazon is already selling it aparently. I’ll try to get it as soon as I can.