T'was the Night Before Halo

“Friends, Spartans, countrymen, lend me your ears. For I have written a festive Halo-themed poem, to be retold for years.”
-William Spartanspeare, 1599

*AHEM

T’was the night before Halo, when all through the house, Not a system was stirring; PC nor mouse. The headsets were hung, by the Xbox with care, in hopes the Master Chief would soon be there.
The players were nestled, all snug in their beds, while visions of no-scopes danced in their heads. My AI on its chip, and me in MJOLNIR, had just settled down for a cryo-stasis year.
When out in Bloodgulch, there arose such a clatter, I sprang from red-base to see what was the matter. Away from my base, I flew in a Ghost, tore away a Sniper, and swore at the host.
The moon as a crest, shining on fresh fallen blood, gave lustre of midday to the infection form Flood. When what to my bloodshot eyes should appear, but a shiny new Scorpion, and Prometheans to fear!
With Cortana in control of a guardian so-slick, I knew in a moment; get ammo and quick! More rapid than needles, her soldiers they came, and she rampantly shouted and called them by name.
“Now Hunters! Now Jackals! Now Grunts and Elites! On Brutes! On Forrunners! On Flood little creeps! To the top of their base! To the top of that wall! Now smash away, bash away, crash away all!”
As Banshees with their anti-gravity cores let fly, when they meet with an obstacle mount to the sky. So, up to the sniper-roost, the Watchers they flew, whilst I waited in my Scorpion, knowing fully what to do.
And then, in Solace I heard on the platform, the cursing and shrieking of each red & blue mourn. As I drew my BR, and was turning around, Down the Master Chief came in with a bound.
He was all dressed in armor, from his head to his toe, and it was tarnished and damaged from battles we know. With Cortana’s chip, and a sand swept gown, I knew it at once “It MUST be Steve Downes!”
His face, it was hidden; his visor was of gold, indeed, it’s true, he was a sight to behold. Him with his Assault Rifle, was a knight with his lance, and I thought to myself “what a BADASS stance!”
With a flick of his wrist, and a swipe of his fist, he sent me a dozen frags, through the obstructing mist. And a Shotgun, and a SPKNR, with ammo he laid down, and I knew that a Mantis would soon be found.
Then tapping his mask, with the tip of his gun, I knew it was time to start having some fun! He sprang to his Warthog, to his enemies gave a whistle, and away they all flew, as if they were whipped with his pistol.
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight “Happy Halo to all! Now finish the fight!”

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone! I hope you’re all enjoying Halo 5 as much as me!

Note: This is a HEAVILY revised copy of an old poem found on Reddit from like 2011. Please don’t sue me.

THIS IS AWESOME!!! XD I love this… very festive! Great creativity! Happy Halo-Days Spartan!

Gruntacular! Amazing work OP, thanks for remaking and sharing. Love seeing this stuff form the community :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;4:
> Gruntacular! Amazing work OP, thanks for remaking and sharing. Love seeing this stuff form the community :slight_smile:

I agree

Wow this poem is the best thing I’ve read in a long time

Loved it! Haha imagining everything in my head was great! Good job!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

> 2533275033043318;2:
> Note: This is a HEAVILY revised copy of an old poem found on Reddit from like 2011. Please don’t sue me.

At least you’re being honest lol it was pretty sick though

Standing ovation Well done!