Turrets

You know one thing I really want to be powerful in Halo 4?

Turrets.

In Halo 3 and Reach they were a joke - unless your enemy was in a narrow area, and missed you a couple (dozen) times, the turret was not much of a threat - getting on one or tearing one off was basically committing suicide.

In Halo 4, I sincerely hope the turret is something to be feared. Someone on a turret should be considered a high threat, and they should be incredibly useful for defending or assaulting positions.

Its not like they’d be overpowered - you’ll still unable to Sprint or use AAs, and without Gunner you’ll still move slowly if you carry one. You’ll also still be incredibly vulnerable to headshot weapons (is someone seriously going to carry an AR if they don’t have to? People will bring DMRs/BRs/Carbines even if its a bad idea).

There is no reason turrets should not be powerful.

That armor mod will certainly make them a more deadly force, but I agree they could use a little buff. With all the downsides it gives you, it should definitely be something to be feared.

it seems that the turrets (most weapons in general) have better bullet movements since the shots are much larger and wider it be harder to miss a shot now

> it seems that the turrets (most weapons in general) have better bullet movements since the shots are much larger and wider it be harder to miss a shot now

Maybe its the way you said it…but that sounds like a very bad thing.

Added to this…I really, really hope magnetic Frags are gone for good in Halo 4.

i though turrets were useful in H3…

I agree fully.
Mounted and detached turrets need a buff.

But mounted should be more accurate than detached if 343 decides to buff it.

They’re already a high threat in Big Team Battle, have you never seen a skilled player with a turret?

I thought they were a huge force to be reckoned with in Halo 3, but in Reach their range was about as long as the barrel. The Warthog couldn’t do squat unless it was jacking distance, and even if it wasn’t the DMRs could wreck it.

So definitely a buff above Reach, but above Halo 3? I don’t know about that.

> I thought they were a huge force to be reckoned with in Halo 3, but in Reach their range was about as long as the barrel. <mark>The Warthog couldn’t do squat unless it was jacking distance, and even if it wasn’t the DMRs could wreck it.</mark>
>
> So definitely a buff above Reach, but above Halo 3? I don’t know about that.

as much as every vehicle can be destroyed by By DMR’s (Epic BS IMO) if you have a good driver/gunner, warthog are dangerous, even with the LAAG

the warthog’s LAAG should be what the turret should be like, but with less damage and a slightly slower rate of fire

Especially with the addition of the SAW, a gun which is far more powerful than the Assault Rifle. The fire-power and accuracy of the machine gun turret really needs to be improved in order to keep up with that.

Halo Reach Turrets were a JOKE. Just Awful

but i thought H3 turrets were’nt bad.

For H4 accuracy, range, and rate of fire all need to be improved

> i though turrets were useful in H3…

Ditto.

Moreso than in Reach, at least.

> > i though turrets were useful in H3…
>
> Ditto.
>
> Moreso than in Reach, at least.

They could be useful in Halo 3, but it had to be somewhere with nowhere to run, and the other team had to be pretty bad in order for them to work.

In Reach, if the other team has thumbs, then the turrets will be nearly useless.

I hope that the Shade turret gets some love in Halo 4. It has be notoriously useless in all of the past games.

I really hope they’re more like Halo 3. In Reach the range and damage coupled with how weak the hogs were made them next to useless.

> I hope that the Shade turret gets some love in Halo 4. It has be notoriously useless in all of the past games.

Turrets in general need a buff.

> it seems that the turrets (most weapons in general) have better bullet movements since the shots are much larger and wider it be harder to miss a shot now

i agree with this the turrets now have a tracer looking round that is MUCH more accurate than halo reachs and 3s because the bullets there went in every angle that you didnt want em to, your a walking target with a 100 pound turret with semi armor piercing high explosive rounds that do absolutley nothing the range is atrocious you might as well start firing a shogun to hit someone at the DMRs max range, its pure neglect on bungies part but looks like 343 just saved the turrets

I totally agree. Bring back the H2 turret, that thing was an absolute beast and rightly so. You’re completely stationery and exposed whilst on it and it’s a massive weapon, it should do massive damage. The turrets in H3 and Reach have always been disappointing, almost completely down to is horrid accuracy.

The turrets are useful. People just don’t use them because they have a DMR/BR equipped. When you have that why bother picking up anything on the map?