Turrets

Hello!

I am surprised not to have seen more posts about the following issue;

Turrets are not in a good place at the moment in the game. I beleive that they are too strong or too cheap or have too much health. I know this post will spark anger in the heart of our casual bronze player but I feel like it needs to be adressed.

I had too many games where i outbuild outplayed my opponent only to find myself camping in front of his/her base for a few minutes trying to get through those 4 fully upgraded turrets.

My point is that Turrets is often use as a jail-out-of-free card. Instead of economically punishing players that build them, it enhances their game by giving them too much time to counter! RTS should promote fast real time build where the better player prevail by having better reflexes and skills to answer to any potential threat. Not by building a few turrets and go take a poop.

I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.

Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.

> 2533274792776027;2:
> I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
>
> Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.

This right here
they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?

> 2533274939354123;3:
> > 2533274792776027;2:
> > I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
> >
> > Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.
>
> This right here
> they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?

Ok i dont think i have been clear enough. I am not saying that turrets are unkillable or that i cant deal with them. All i am saying is the ratio usefulness/price is too good.
when i get jackrabbit rush i build 1 turret.
when i see air i build 2 AA turrets
etc…
But i beleive that 4 upgraded turrets should NOT in any case beat 5 or 6 scorpion tanks or a full pop of marine or full pop of sentinel/hornets.

Turrets should be a last recourse not a playstyle where you would favorite them instead of units.

> 2533274870931605;4:
> > 2533274939354123;3:
> > > 2533274792776027;2:
> > > I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
> > >
> > > Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.
> >
> > This right here
> > they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?
>
> Ok i dont think i have been clear enough. I am not saying that turrets are unkillable or that i cant deal with them. All i am saying is the ratio usefulness/price is too good.
> when i get jackrabbit rush i build 1 turret.
> when i see air i build 2 AA turrets
> etc…
> But i beleive that 4 upgraded turrets should NOT in any case beat 5 or 6 scorpion tanks or a full pop of marine or full pop of sentinel/hornets.
>
> Turrets should be a last recourse not a playstyle where you would favorite them instead of units.

That’s a failed strategy not a failed game design 6 scorpions can easily beat a base with full turrets

> 2533274870931605;4:
> > 2533274939354123;3:
> > > I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
> > >
> > > Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.
> >
> > This right here
> > they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?
>
> Ok i dont think i have been clear enough. I am not saying that turrets are unkillable or that i cant deal with them. All i am saying is the ratio usefulness/price is too good.
> etc…
> But i beleive that 4 upgraded turrets should NOT in any case beat 5 or 6 scorpion tanks or a full pop of marine or full pop of sentinel/hornets.
>
> Turrets should be a last recourse not a playstyle where you would favorite them instead of units.

So basically you are sad you can not spam one unit sounds like you probably get outplayed regularly or at least you should when you only spam one unit literally put 2 or 3 kodiaks in your army of tanks or 2 or 3 vultures in your hornet spam and problem solved not that big of a deal

> 2533274939354123;5:
> > 2533274870931605;4:
> > > 2533274939354123;3:
> > > > 2533274792776027;2:
> > > > I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
> > > >
> > > > Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.
> > >
> > > This right here
> > > they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?
> >
> > Ok i dont think i have been clear enough. I am not saying that turrets are unkillable or that i cant deal with them. All i am saying is the ratio usefulness/price is too good.
> > when i get jackrabbit rush i build 1 turret.
> > when i see air i build 2 AA turrets
> > etc…
> > But i beleive that 4 upgraded turrets should NOT in any case beat 5 or 6 scorpion tanks or a full pop of marine or full pop of sentinel/hornets.
> >
> > Turrets should be a last recourse not a playstyle where you would favorite them instead of units.
>
> That’s a failed strategy not a failed game design 6 scorpions can easily beat a base with full turrets

In stronghold maybe…

> 2533274870931605;7:
> > 2533274939354123;5:
> > > 2533274870931605;4:
> > > > 2533274939354123;3:
> > > > > 2533274792776027;2:
> > > > > I’m not one to usually do this, but it sounds like YOU were outplayed. That, are you aren’t as good as you think you are.
> > > > >
> > > > > Turrets are insanely easy to take out, just swarm them with units. They can’t deal with multiple targets at once. Heck, if you’re playing Banished, just use some Locusts.
> > > >
> > > > This right here
> > > > they are some of the simplest things to take out… what kind of units do you use for them not be able to take turrets?
> > >
> > > Ok i dont think i have been clear enough. I am not saying that turrets are unkillable or that i cant deal with them. All i am saying is the ratio usefulness/price is too good.
> > > when i get jackrabbit rush i build 1 turret.
> > > when i see air i build 2 AA turrets
> > > etc…
> > > But i beleive that 4 upgraded turrets should NOT in any case beat 5 or 6 scorpion tanks or a full pop of marine or full pop of sentinel/hornets.
> > >
> > > Turrets should be a last recourse not a playstyle where you would favorite them instead of units.
> >
> > That’s a failed strategy not a failed game design 6 scorpions can easily beat a base with full turrets
>
> In stronghold maybe…

No it’s a failed strategy you split the scorpions and take out the turrets first they can’t sustain that many tank shots

honestly, i think your biggest issue is you are trying to take on the base, as well as the enemies army at the same time. you need to take out the army first, then focus on the base itself. trying to fight both at the same time is always a losing battle.

either that, or honestly you are doing something wrong. turrets are not that powerful.

> 2533274870931605;1:
> Hello!
>
> I am surprised not to have seen more posts about the following issue;
>
> Turrets are not in a good place at the moment in the game. I beleive that they are too strong or too cheap or have too much health. I know this post will spark anger in the heart of our casual bronze player but I feel like it needs to be adressed.
>
> I had too many games where i outbuild outplayed my opponent only to find myself camping in front of his/her base for a few minutes trying to get through those 4 fully upgraded turrets.
>
> My point is that Turrets is often use as a jail-out-of-free card. Instead of economically punishing players that build them, it enhances their game by giving them too much time to counter! RTS should promote fast real time build where the better player prevail by having better reflexes and skills to answer to any potential threat. Not by building a few turrets and go take a poop.

Turrets are definitely economically punishing, and I feel in a good spot. They are meant to be base support, and that is the role they play. The goal of building turrets is to prevent a rush from taking your main, and they do that. A nerf to them makes them a waste of recourses. Turrets are strong, but can be worked around with numbers. Furthermore, they provide a trade off- the player building them loses map control because of the 1200 supply not placed into their army.

If anything, Banished turrets need a slight buff, and UNSC ones a slight nerf.

If you lose to a base with little to no military, and only turrets, you just didn’t play very well.

And, I’m not bronze. I’m a champion player.

He’s right that turrets are too good for the cost and there are definitely points in the game where it can be better to just make turrets instead of units.

> 2533274811417927;11:
> He’s right that turrets are too good for the cost and there are definitely points in the game where it can be better to just make turrets instead of units.

You sound very idiotic. Turrets are so easy to kill even fully upgraded. I played a game where i had 10 jackrabbits destroy 4 antivehicle turrets. The turrets really need like a 50% damage boost so they are cost effective and good at thwarting the rushing noobs

Turrets need fixed, they are way too strong

Turrets seem fine to me.

> 2533274870931605;4:
> > 2533274939354123;3:
> > >
> >
> > This right here
>
> etc…
>

I’ve taken 4 turrets with one grizzly with supporting units, how are you losing 6 scorpions to turrets? Do you use support units? Or anything else for that matter?

> 2533274870931605;1:
> Hello!
>
> I am surprised not to have seen more posts about the following issue;
>
> Turrets are not in a good place at the moment in the game. I beleive that they are too strong or too cheap or have too much health. I know this post will spark anger in the heart of our casual bronze player but I feel like it needs to be adressed.
>
> I had too many games where i outbuild outplayed my opponent only to find myself camping in front of his/her base for a few minutes trying to get through those 4 fully upgraded turrets.
>
> My point is that Turrets is often use as a jail-out-of-free card. Instead of economically punishing players that build them, it enhances their game by giving them too much time to counter! RTS should promote fast real time build where the better player prevail by having better reflexes and skills to answer to any potential threat. Not by building a few turrets and go take a poop.

I would like to say that, maybe you were the one that was outplayed, Turrets are in a great place because they are not a free ‘jail-out’ card, they take a good bit to build and upgrade if you REALLY wanna go defensive, you might’ve just caught the guy when he neglected his army and went for fortification, which is, something you mostly shouldn’t do if you’re really honing rather than making troops, but nonetheless! By the way! There is also an upgrade called Fortification which literally helps them be more tankier, but that only gets effective when you have troops to back them up!
They actually are pretty easy to take down when there’s nobody there!
Maybe you should’ve packed some building killers?!
Turrets are fantastic, and you shouldn’t assume that ‘Bronze Rank’ Players, and them only will be angry. Nobodies angry, but that doesn’t mean that those who disagree with you are automatically out of the conversation.
I think you should be prepared to outplay them again in a game that can spark comebacks pretty easily.

Remember, its not always the game’s fault!