Turrets overheating

Is there a reason in the lore why the turrets on the back of warthogs and mounted turrets started to overheat since reach came out?

> 2533274825593927;1:
> Is there a reason in the lore why the turrets on the back of warthogs and mounted turrets started to overheat since reach came out?

Because machine guns can heat up and begin melting after long term continuous fire? And they decided it would be a good Idea to balance them for multiplayer.

> 2533274862813053;2:
> > 2533274825593927;1:
> > Is there a reason in the lore why the turrets on the back of warthogs and mounted turrets started to overheat since reach came out?
>
> Because machine guns can heat up and begin melting after long term continuous fire? And they decided it would be a good Idea to balance them for multiplayer.

I understand that part, but I was wondering of they ever gave an in game explanation for this. Like how the DMR was an experimental weapon during reach so it wasn’t used in the first 3 games because the flood was too great a threat.

> 2533274825593927;3:
> > 2533274862813053;2:
> > > 2533274825593927;1:
> > > .
>
> I understand that part, but I was wondering of they ever gave an in game explanation for this. Like how the DMR was an experimental weapon during reach so it wasn’t used in the first 3 games because the flood was too great a threat.

Excuses like that are honestly better off left without.
I’d rather the reasoning to just be that they simply weren’t in the game, or a logical explanation Master Chief didn’t personally see any during His escapades on Earth and Halo, or there are no manufacturers on Earth, than there to be some silly excuse as to why they suddenly no longer existed at the time.
Just like The Skirmishers.

The excuse with the DMR actually was that the BR was effectively its replacement. The DMR had seen service since 2512. I don’t see why the flood would have anything to do with anything.

But yes, I find such excuses to be silly just like the poster above me said. At the end of the day its a game and things change due to graphical, balance, and creative reasons. All the bungie games take place over the span of less than half a year, there really shouldn’t be a whole lot changing in terms of weapons and equipment, and yet we see plenty of small changes.

Vehicles aren’t terribly realistic with their infinite ammo stores anyway. If one day vehicles get infinite ammo, I doubt we’re going to get lore about why their replicators stopped working.