Turrets need a buff.

Turrets in HW2 are over-priced and under powered, and provide a false sense of security. When being rushed they usually kill 1 marine army, and then get swarmed. They lack the necessary stopping power to make a difference defensively. They should be able to take 3-4 marine groups each for their price.

They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.

IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.

> 2695457991280734;2:
> They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.
>
> IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.

An anti-infantry turret will lose against 4 marines, or 5 grunts. Price for price they are hardly effective.

> 2535424640810692;1:
> Turrets in HW2 are over-priced and under powered, and provide a false sense of security. When being rushed they usually kill 1 marine army, and then get swarmed. They lack the necessary stopping power to make a difference defensively. They should be able to take 3-4 marine groups each for their price.

Turrets do not need a buff. If anything they need to be made weaker, cheaper, and with cheaper upgrades.

if your Fortification upgrade is at the oppropriate level turrets do fine. They are intended to supplement a defence, not fight armies. And with Fortify 3 and the appropriate counters, they give you a huge edge on the defence

> 2535424640810692;3:
> > 2695457991280734;2:
> > They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.
> >
> > IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.
>
> An anti-infantry turret will lose against 4 marines, or 5 grunts. Price for price they are hardly effective.

Not trying to be confrontational, but that is really not true. Like the co1e train wrote, turrets should not be your only defense. An anti infantry UNSC turret can do a lot of damage to a marine ball if you also have some infantry on defense. A turret costs 2 marines and is vastly stronger than 2 marines even with grenade in a direct confrontation.

I think they are in a good spot and provide nice support to an army on defense which can be tuned against a specific type of enemy if you need them to be.

Thanks and good luck out there.

I think they are fine where they are. Only complaint is the uselessness of the Watch Tower. The stealth detection it provides is too narrow of a view

one marine squad killed my anti-infantry turret once. i don’t know how they did it, but it was mesmerizing to watch.

Have you attacked an atriox turtle mid game? Those guys and their turrets are tough nuts to crack unless you have a good group of anti-building units. Its crazy how turtle players make atriox shine.

Unsc turrets are OK though, but like some already said, you shouldn’t rely too much on your turrets.

Edit: sorry for double post

> 2535447531087970;6:
> > 2535424640810692;3:
> > > 2695457991280734;2:
> > > They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.
> > >
> > > IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.
> >
> > An anti-infantry turret will lose against 4 marines, or 5 grunts. Price for price they are hardly effective.
>
> Not trying to be confrontational, but that is really not true. Like the co1e train wrote, turrets should not be your only defense. An anti infantry UNSC turret can do a lot of damage to a marine ball if you also have some infantry on defense. A turret costs 2 marines and is vastly stronger than 2 marines even with grenade in a direct confrontation.
>
> I think they are in a good spot and provide nice support to an army on defense which can be tuned against a specific type of enemy if you need them to be.
>
> Thanks and good luck out there.

What about anti-infantry turrets versus brute rush early game?

> 2535424640810692;11:
> > 2535447531087970;6:
> > > 2535424640810692;3:
> > > > 2695457991280734;2:
> > > > They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.
> > > >
> > > > IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.
> > >
> > > An anti-infantry turret will lose against 4 marines, or 5 grunts. Price for price they are hardly effective.
> >
> > Not trying to be confrontational, but that is really not true. Like the co1e train wrote, turrets should not be your only defense. An anti infantry UNSC turret can do a lot of damage to a marine ball if you also have some infantry on defense. A turret costs 2 marines and is vastly stronger than 2 marines even with grenade in a direct confrontation.
> >
> > I think they are in a good spot and provide nice support to an army on defense which can be tuned against a specific type of enemy if you need them to be.
> >
> > Thanks and good luck out there.
>
> What about anti-infantry turrets versus brute rush early game?

suicide grunts are the only counter you need and it fails miserably.

GET RID OF TURRETS in all!

But seriousness they need less dps, less cost, less time to build :slight_smile:

> 2533274904506600;12:
> > 2535424640810692;11:
> > > 2535447531087970;6:
> > > > 2535424640810692;3:
> > > > > 2695457991280734;2:
> > > > > They were buffed previously and were made way to strong and then were nerfed a bit and I believe they are now in a good spot. Turrets should not be total based defenders and destroy whole armies - which they could do after their first buff - they shouldn’t be an insurance policy that keeps you completely alive. Your scouting, army and proper positioning should do that.
> > > > >
> > > > > IMO they are in a good spot and function great when supported by your army in the early to mid game.
> > > >
> > > > An anti-infantry turret will lose against 4 marines, or 5 grunts. Price for price they are hardly effective.
> > >
> > > Not trying to be confrontational, but that is really not true. Like the co1e train wrote, turrets should not be your only defense. An anti infantry UNSC turret can do a lot of damage to a marine ball if you also have some infantry on defense. A turret costs 2 marines and is vastly stronger than 2 marines even with grenade in a direct confrontation.
> > >
> > > I think they are in a good spot and provide nice support to an army on defense which can be tuned against a specific type of enemy if you need them to be.
> > >
> > > Thanks and good luck out there.
> >
> > What about anti-infantry turrets versus brute rush early game?
>
> suicide grunts are the only counter you need and it fails miserably.

I agree. Suicide grunts are really strong against infantry rushes if you micro them properly.

Turrets, being buildings, are at a clear disadvantage vs jump packs. That said, with the right support, turrets can do just fine. Suicide grunts leave red bar jump packs for your turrets to clean up. Engineers can keep the turrets alive and sometimes outheal the jump pack damage with some grunt support.

As UNSC, grab hellbringers and marines. Spread out to avoid the jump impact. Grenades shreds through jump packs when they are clustered on a building. Restoration drones and heavy metal can help your infantry survive.

I guess the key is to scout, figure out the attack timeline and prepare. Turrets are not meant to survive against an army solo. No military ever entered a war without producing units as well as defensive structures.

Just gotta find what balance of units and turrets your favorite leader needs to fend off the rush and counter with map control. Which of course is leader dependent.

Good luck :slight_smile:

After playing HW:DE I have to agree that the turrets in HW2 are lacking even after upgrades from the armory and picking an augmentation. A small patrol of 3-5 infantry should not take out a turret.