Turrets Are Hitscan

If you watch yesterday’s video, you’ll notice around 4:10 that the Warthog turret is now hitscan, meaning wherever it shoots, the bullet hits instantly. It does leave a much larger “trail” behind the bullet than previous games, though. I believe this is a new change, because as recently as the UNSC weapons video we saw a turret being used that fired slower bullets.

I dig it.

Hitscan=Win

That’s cool

The less we’re able to blame our networks for BS deaths, the better.

I’m tired of getting killed along with a bulltrue medal in Living Dead (purely an example.)

Nice eye, I noticed E3 build you had to leads your shots.

> Hitscan=Win
>
> That’s cool

havent they always been hitscan?

> havent they always been hitscan?

Nope. Watch the first part of this. The Warthog turret acts the same way. Or it did at least.

EDIT: Actually, this is a much better example. Go to 1:00.

> > havent they always been hitscan?
>
> Nope. Watch the first part of this. The Warthog turret acts the same way. Or it did at least.
>
> EDIT: Actually, this is a much better example. Go to 1:00.

I see now! thanks for showing me!!

I thought Halo always used hitscans…

> I thought Halo always used hitscans…

You had to lead with the BR for a reason in H3

(Which personally thought takes more skill on LAN/good connection)

> > I thought Halo always used hitscans…
>
> You had to lead with the BR for a reason in H3
>
> (Which personally thought takes more skill on LAN/good connection)

Yeah it’s a nice feature on some guns, but the problem is internet connection. It wasn’t really fair if you didn’t do well because the system messed it up. In CoD, I’ve heard of many problems with hit detection due to low internet connectivity. Never experienced them myself, but it seems like it could be a big problem.

I approve.

I like hitscan. But that’s just me.

Good. Bullet time on human weapons is dreadful in Halo.

i like the hitscan gun,
but i noticed the guy playing in the banshee, it still looks like the Cardboard dragon as it is in reach