Turret Armor Ability Possible Functionality

“The Forerunners also constructed Automated Turrets that fire blue beams similar to those of sentinel majors. These turrets themselves resemble stripped-down sentinels, and hover in mid-air, tracking enemy targets, but are otherwise immobile.”

Courtesy of Little Brett’s post about Forerunner technology in-canon. Thanks, Little Brett!

So basically, the Turret AA will work like a hovering Sentinel and fire Sentinel Beams. Sounds cool! I can’t wait for the applications in CTF and King of the Hill.

Lol thanks for making the thread and no problem! Also, it has 2 T’s… lol it happens alot.

I imagine it will be similar to/exactly the same as the H3 automated turret.

> Lol thanks for making the thread and no problem! Also, it has 2 T’s… lol it happens alot.

Whoops! You’d think I’d be more on top of that lol.

> I imagine it will be similar to/exactly the same as the H3 automated turret.

LOL this is exactly what we are talking about. Sounds awesome, and I’d love it.

Yeah, should be cool for CTF and other Objective stuff.

Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? Was the concept of the turret too complicated for players so they had to make it AI controlled? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…

> Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…

What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.

Damn, I really wanted to attach a sentry gun to my teams warthog. Rolling platform of death right there.

Imagine the hog loaded with driver, gunner, DMR/BR passenger AND sentry gun. It would be sweet to see this make it into the game.

*Note:*I don’t care if it’s overpowered, it’s too awesome to not include :slight_smile:

> Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? Was the concept of the turret too complicated for players so they had to make it AI controlled? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…

Lol sorry to burst your bubble, but since Loadouts are completely customizable, all AA’s will be allowed in any playlist that allows AA’s.

Also, I disagree entirely, but you know what, I haven’t even played the game yet, so I’m not going to act like I know exactly how the Armor Ability will affect gameplay.

Did this actually make the game? I cant find it on youtube.

Never mind, I remember using it now. It should follow you.

> > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
>
> What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.

You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.

That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.

Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.

Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.

> > > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
> >
> > What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.
>
> You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink!- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.
>
> That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.
>
> Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.
>
> Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.

First of all, 343i is not just a room full of developers going “HUR DUR what can we wildly put in the game while nOT TESTING the game at all?!?! TURRETS!!”

> > > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
> >
> > What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.
>
> You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink!- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.
>
> That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.
>
> Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.
>
> Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.

Yeah, they will be annoying, but it won’t ruin gameplay! It will do a little damage and distract you for a bit, and that is all I need it to do.

> > > > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
> > >
> > > What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.
> >
> > You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink!- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.
> >
> > That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.
> >
> > Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.
> >
> > Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.
>
> Yeah, they will be annoying, but it won’t ruin gameplay! It will do a little damage and distract you for a bit, and that is all I need it to do.

Exactly. Let’s say two players are bringing the flag into a base and need two more seconds to get it to the goal, and they place the turret in the doorway. The opponents are distracted by the turret, and even though it isn’t a huge problem to deal with, it halted them for those crucial two seconds, and used up their grenades to kil the turret instead of lobbing them further into the tunnel to kill the flag carriers.

And I wish it was only in Campaign like the H3 automated turret

> > > > > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
> > > >
> > > > What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.
> > >
> > > You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink!- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.
> > >
> > > That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.
> > >
> > > Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.
> > >
> > > Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.
> >
> > Yeah, they will be annoying, but it won’t ruin gameplay! It will do a little damage and distract you for a bit, and that is all I need it to do.
>
> Exactly. Let’s say two players are bringing the flag into a base and need two more seconds to get it to the goal, and they place the turret in the doorway. The opponents are distracted by the turret, and even though it isn’t a huge problem to deal with, it halted them for those crucial two seconds, and used up their grenades to kil the turret instead of lobbing them further into the tunnel to kill the flag carriers.

I dont understand why fans would say that is a problem to gameplay and say it makes the game unbalanced when it is just a smart tactical move.

^ People are gonna hate no matter what. That’s just how people are.

> > > > > Cool, have AI controlled gimmicks ruin the game. I mean honestly, an Auto-turret why not just detachable turrets on the map like old times? This is honestly the worst AA I have heard of so far, I hope its only applicable in specific playlists…
> > > >
> > > > What’s wrong with it? It will obviously be weak as hell and just be a nuisance. If you have a problem with a little robot that is like a fly and will take a couple bullets to kill, you must really suck at halo.
> > >
> > > You just said it you’re self it will be annoying as hell to have players spamming this ability. With detachable turrets they were placed in strategic locations such as near Bubble shield tower on Valhalla(or whatever the -Yoink!- you call it) and promoted map movement to those areas. It was in the perfect location to be used against vehicles and stop bomb runs(if you didnt have spartan laser) to you’re base from watterfall side which is where the bomb would usually flank to in the hog or mongoose. It had a clear PURPOSE, it wasnt just an annoying ability to be spammed by any odd player who feels like it.
> > >
> > > That is the main difference between the camo AA and camo power-up as well, one fits within Halo gameplay better than the other.
> > >
> > > Sigh…But I suppose none of that matters because basing things on whats good for gameplay(NOT just for accessibility) went out the window a long time ago.
> > >
> > > Better not effect my TS matches thats all im saying.
> >
> > Yeah, they will be annoying, but it won’t ruin gameplay! It will do a little damage and distract you for a bit, and that is all I need it to do.
>
> Exactly. Let’s say two players are bringing the flag into a base and need two more seconds to get it to the goal, and they place the turret in the doorway. The opponents are distracted by the turret, and even though it isn’t a huge problem to deal with, it halted them for those crucial two seconds, and used up their grenades to kil the turret instead of lobbing them further into the tunnel to kill the flag carriers.

So instead of having to hold off the enemies using their own skill and tactics (IE: Bait and switch tactics) they can simply push a button to place the turret down to detour the enemy from pursuing them?

Can you imagine how campy this mechanic is going to be? Its going to be placed around corners and as unsuspecting enemies go around they will be met with the fire of the turret and the camping enemy thus rewarding cheap campy tactics. Its not going to be a tactical move anymore than using AL to “Bait” enemies is. Get real.

NEVER, before has anyone said “Oh yeah I wish I could spam turrets in this game”, wtf seriously what game are we playing here?

Why think that? That’s sounds boring. I’m thinking a new design.