turret accuracy

Turret Accuracy is something that I think should be changed in this next title update. The main reason is that the turret is useless on the try-pod, you can’t hit -Yoink- making the infinite ammo it has unnecessary because everyone just rips it off. But then the problem is if it is accurate with infinite ammo it can actually work the way a turret is supposed to and become and unstoppable force but then as gameplay goes, that’s just no fun. So I think the best way to fix the turret is to make it slightly more accurate then it is when you have it picked up but then instead of having it have infinite ammo, it has 400 rounds (maybe an option to make it infinite ammo in forge or in gametype settings?). And in halo 3 the turret was a death trap in most cases anyways, in reach its a useless death trap the way it is.

What do you guys think?

if you use bottomless clip setting then all detached turrets are infinite ammo + no over heat!

> if you use bottomless clip setting then all detached turrets are infinite ammo + no over heat!

that doesn’t fix the accuracy problem tho, and it does nothing in match making :S

turrets are supresser weapons
not main battle weapons

> if you use bottomless clip setting then all detached turrets are infinite ammo + no over heat!

also that does not do a thing to balance the turret… i meant changing how much ammo it has while it is still on the tri-pod and making it more accurate then picking it up. To make it a more useful balance. and as for making it back to infinite ammo (while still on tri-pod) that can be done in forge or in gametype settings.

> turrets are supresser weapons
> not main battle weapons

The part of the turret that I want to change is more defensive then suppression. When the turret is ripped off it is definitely suppression but while it’s on the try-pod, it’s defensive because it can’t move. Which makes it a horibly inaccurate sitting duck death trap that nobody uses. Everyone just rips it off instead of using it as a turret. So that’s why I think it should be just as accurate or a little more then when you pick it up but only have 400 rounds instead of infinite to make it not to over powering.