Turn your Kinect mic off!!!

Many, many warzone games I am forced to listen to kids screaming at their parents, having conversations with someone in their household, what sounds like them eating Doritos 2 inches from their mic… And worse of all… I hear YOUR tv through my surround sound (echoes).
I do not use my Kinect for game play, I will only use a mic with friends or if requested… I love to turn up my sound system and enjoy this game… The gun fire from a distance, the click-clanging of grenades bouncing, the shreek sound as I pull my knife out of someone in an assassination… I like to enjoy my experience.
So if you’re one of those people… Keep others in mind. After all, we’re all trying to enjoy the game.

• BTW, anyone know how to select & MUTE players!!!

Hit select, open scoreboard, either hit the mute all button or hover over the specific person and hit the mute button. Same as any other Halo game.

Muting them in game is always an option. I still wish people were still more courteous about it.

Hmmm, wondering now if I’m guilty of this…

Have to check my settings next time I’m online.

Yeah, this is definitely a problem, like others have mentioned, muting is one of the few solutions.

Kinect mics should have a auto mute option in the bones menu… i have not encountered one person who claimed to use one that didnt sound like someone had left their mic near a toilet constantly flushing while echoing every sound on their TV.

if you have a Kinect, always mute that trashy mic.

oh… and “i dont want to buy a mic so i just use my Kinect” comment is 100% lazy lies. you paid how much for your Kinect? guess what… a mic is a fraction of that cost… you probably could find that much money lying around your house if you were to intentionally look for 1$ bills or even change…

I endup muting everyone in the game because I can’t tell who it is. Sorry to all of you I mute in the process. Tern off your kinect mic!!!

This, this right here is why im so glad theres now a mute all option. Hit back on your controller to bring up the stats during a match and then its x to mute all or go over a persons name and select to mute them. Honestly i love this feature, the second that cutscene starts at the start of a warzone i mute all, made the game more enjoyable.

See, only reason this is even an issue with me is I got sick of wasting my battery by using my mic when no one else used theirs, so I stopped using my mic. It’s a vicious circle it seems.

I wish there was an auto mute like in EVERY OTHER HALO…

Yes! It is also bugged so it doesnt show who is talking on the list either so I have to mute everyone :frowning:

> 2533274827114695;1:
> Many, many warzone games I am forced to listen to kids screaming at their parents, having conversations with someone in their household, what sounds like them eating Doritos 2 inches from their mic… And worse of all… I hear YOUR tv through my surround sound (echoes).
> I do not use my Kinect for game play, I will only use a mic with friends or if requested… I love to turn up my sound system and enjoy this game… The gun fire from a distance, the click-clanging of grenades bouncing, the shreek sound as I pull my knife out of someone in an assassination… I like to enjoy my experience.
> So if you’re one of those people… Keep others in mind. After all, we’re all trying to enjoy the game.
> - BTW, anyone know how to select & MUTE players!!!

Sorry about that, but how else am I supposed to get fueled for gaming? And how will I intimidate you unless you hear it happening?

HOW?

> 2533274813561873;11:
> Yes! It is also bugged so it doesnt show who is talking on the list either so I have to mute everyone :frowning:

A little mic symbol will show up when someone is talking but it is hard to see though.

> 2813409410084698;12:
> > 2533274827114695;1:
> > Many, many warzone games I am forced to listen to kids screaming at their parents, having conversations with someone in their household, what sounds like them eating Doritos 2 inches from their mic… And worse of all… I hear YOUR tv through my surround sound (echoes).
> > I do not use my Kinect for game play, I will only use a mic with friends or if requested… I love to turn up my sound system and enjoy this game… The gun fire from a distance, the click-clanging of grenades bouncing, the shreek sound as I pull my knife out of someone in an assassination… I like to enjoy my experience.
> > So if you’re one of those people… Keep others in mind. After all, we’re all trying to enjoy the game.
> > - BTW, anyone know how to select & MUTE players!!!
>
>
> Sorry about that, but how else am I supposed to get fueled for gaming? And how will I intimidate you unless you hear it happening?
>
> HOW?

Doritos to bring out the inner mlg and to let others know you mean business

Sometimes it fun though when they dont know the mic is on and you hear the whole room. Or hear husband and wife fighting or something similar. many great conversations have been eased dropped on.

you can mute them but seriously the xbox has been out for two years now and there still is no option to turn Kinect mic on for party but not for game chat. I totally understand people that use Kinect in parties to just leave it on all the time instead of switching every time, its way faster to turn it off/on with the new dashboard but still. some things I don’t understand how a development team doesn’t think about it…

Mute EVERYONE! Perfect! Appreciate it!
I didn’t think to use old school halo muting, DERP!

> 2813409410084698;12:
> > 2533274827114695;1:
> > Many, many warzone games I am forced to listen to kids screaming at their parents, having conversations with someone in their household, what sounds like them eating Doritos 2 inches from their mic… And worse of all… I hear YOUR tv through my surround sound (echoes).
> > I do not use my Kinect for game play, I will only use a mic with friends or if requested… I love to turn up my sound system and enjoy this game… The gun fire from a distance, the click-clanging of grenades bouncing, the shreek sound as I pull my knife out of someone in an assassination… I like to enjoy my experience.
> > So if you’re one of those people… Keep others in mind. After all, we’re all trying to enjoy the game.
> > - BTW, anyone know how to select & MUTE players!!!
>
>
> Sorry about that, but how else am I supposed to get fueled for gaming? And how will I intimidate you unless you hear it happening?
>
> HOW?

I see your munching Doritos and raise you PopRocks & Pepsi!

And THIS is why I use a headset. That said; had the same issue myself. Had some little kid start screaming at his mom in the middle of a fight, ALMOST lost the Warden Eternal to the enemy because he went AFC to argue.

I was guilty of this for like the first 6 months I had a xbox one