Turn player collision back on. PLEASE!

This throws player spacing out of the window, I have to wonder what on earth made 343 think this was a good idea.

Enemies can phase through each other to protect one and other which is just silly. I can phase through an enemy trying to melee them.

It just makes the game feel so floaty and off. Lets get it back on, its just common sense!

I’d prefer it to be on, but I haven’t got a concrete argument why.

I prefer it on as well. But the only reasons I can cite are springboarding, jumping on your teammate’s head to reach a higher spot, and bodyblocking. Imagine a world where you and an enemy man cannon at the same time on Narrows and you don’t get that hilarious moment of running straight into eachother and both falling to your deaths. That world is Infinite.

Completely agree with this (and I say this as the player that consistently gets bounced and pushed in every collision).

Why change something that didn’t need fixing, and that nobody asked for?

The biggest reason why for me: Died twice when an ally phased through me while I fired a rocket. I don’t see body blocking teammates as a big enough reason to remove it, though I’d love to hear the devs expand on the rationale.

In a game that has always been fun because of physics interactions and relies on melee combat as a core combat feature, it makes no sense to remove player collision. Cqc exchanges just didn’t feel right in the flight. And it might be lunge distance or strafe speed that’s part of the problem, but when you can phase through what you’re trying to hit, you have to assume that’s a part of the issue.

Very much agree on this one. I can see an argument for possibly keeping it in social, but I’d prefer it to be on across the board in matchmaking. Have it as an option in customs if there’s really any reason for it being in the game. Which I can’t quite think of why it should be honestly.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I’d prefer it to be on, but I haven’t got a concrete argument why.

How about when you’re shooting someone (either in casual or competitive) and they’re low shields or one shot and they phase walk through their teammate and now you’re shooting the other person?

> 2533274836669416;8:
> > 2533274801036271;2:
> > I’d prefer it to be on, but I haven’t got a concrete argument why.
>
> How about when you’re shooting someone (either in casual or competitive) and they’re low shields or one shot and they phase walk through their teammate and now you’re shooting the other person?

This. I was able to pull it off in two ways more than a few times in the beta. 1. To push forward through a teammate to secure/finish off a kill, and 2. retreating behind teammates when I was low shields to prevent a death. The only way around this is if you have height advantage on your opponents so you’re able to shoot over the top.

I just want all the players on one team in btb to mesh in a corner and when a enemy player comes in the one just multiplies into the whole team and obliterate him.

Agreed. The argument for phasing through Players is a little poor. I can understand friendly Fire being off in casual game modes, but The phasing has been rather disruptive in gameplay.

Enemies Back and forth through each other, causing Who gets hit by what problematic. If a player wants to save another player with their body, phasing makes this a little too easy.

Allies phasing through me disrupts my vision or causes me to shoot myself. Normally players have to go around you.

Doorways and entryways are not really appropriate choke points. Players can go through a door 3 4 or 5 at a time. This makes you who may be holding a doorway get overrun very easily. If doorways and hallways are a problem they can maybe be 20% ish wider to accommodate.

If it doesn’t change I wont be fully broken up about it, but If would have been a lot better to have at least tested it being on or off so we can get a better understanding of how it would play out in infinite.

Yes please. I got tired of teammates phasing through me and blocking my shots during the flights.

Yeah no Jeff, no friendly fire, now I can’t jump on my team mates head.

I’m skipping this. Yes call it sad

I’m holding out hope that this was just one of the many bugs and quirks of the outdated test builds. No player collision being an actual feature wouldn’t turn me off from the game, but my goodness it’ll be strange.

I hope they add player collision cos I love being able to push people or jump onto of each other and try and see if everyone could stack on top of each other in a corner. just adds a little fun and a way to mess around with your friends.

C’mon 343, put it back in or just let us know wth is going on.

I didn’t notice that it was missing but now that I know it is gone I think I miss it lol. I simply like it for jumping on teammates heads in certain situations mainly.

Turn it on and lets go a step further for giggles: Sprinting into others who are also still in a full sprint state causes you both to stumble/ragdoll into the ground. :stuck_out_tongue:

just add NFL sounds

Why would anyone that plays Halo not want this. Player collision is as fundamental as walking or jumping. Without it the game doesn’t feel as natural and takes away the immersiveness of the game. Its just one more weird little thing that 343 messed up for some reason.

> 2533274938743221;17:
> I didn’t notice that it was missing …

This is true for me with regard to most aired grievances. Why can’t y’all just let me be happy in my unobservant ignorance?

> 2533274803598488;19:
> Player collision is as fundamental as walking or jumping.

Stop it.

> 2533274876991706;1:
> Turn player collision back on. Please!

As for this particular discussion, I literally do no care that it’s gone. Tbh, a problem I’ve had with modern Halo is how often I get hung up on minute detail collision in the map geometry. And although players were not a glaring problem, any time I get stuck while in a gunfight is simply not fun times.

Simple minimalist collision geometry (players included) is the right way. And so, I respectfully disagree with OP and cast my positive review of player collision to remain as it is in the flights. Then again, should it change I probably won’t care too much.