Turn off the "yaaaay!" / confetti spam?

Hi Halo community - just got back into Halo after many years (was an original xbox owner and played Halo 1/2/3 only) and am loving the MCC on my Series S.

Is there a way to disable the confetti / “yaaayy!” sound in what only seems to be in Halo: Reach matches? It’s honestly kind of annoying since it’s going off constantly throughout the match as anyone kills each other.

Other than that I’m having a blast and cannot wait for Infinite! I wonder what the blend of gameplay will be in Infinite between previous titles…hope they drop the confetti spam though!

Grunt birthday party is an armor effect that other players have enabled. I believe you cant disable it as other players have chosen to use it.

Clearly it is a popular effect haha. Good to know then - thanks for the answer.

> 2535427895076494;3:
> Clearly it is a popular effect haha. Good to know then - thanks for the answer.

It’s the first one you unlock, it was in classic Reach (but now Halo 4 too)
The difference is in OG Reach you didn’t start unlocking armor effects until you started getting to the mid level ranks, they were the most expensive customizations in the game.

> 2535427895076494;1:
> Hi Halo community - just got back into Halo after many years (was an original xbox owner and played Halo 1/2/3 only) and am loving the MCC on my Series S.
>
> Is there a way to disable the confetti / “yaaayy!” sound in what only seems to be in Halo: Reach matches? It’s honestly kind of annoying since it’s going off constantly throughout the match as anyone kills each other.
>
> Other than that I’m having a blast and cannot wait for Infinite! I wonder what the blend of gameplay will be in Infinite between previous titles…hope they drop the confetti spam though!

I would like disable the confetti effect too, dude, I don’t really like heard that each time that someone was killed.