Turn off Enemy Outlines

The new addition of outlines is new to Halo, definitely welcome as you can freely customize the color of your shields. But it creates a few problems. For one, there is way too much info going on the screen making it hard to focus. One way to reduce the overwhelming info is remove just the Enemy Outlines, much like Apex; you can see your teammates and their gamertags but you can’t see the enemies. This gives you a better look at skins aswell as where to shoot them cause you can clearly see their hit box and making MUCH easier to tell if their Shields are down or not, also making it harder to see them from across the map improving stealth options. Remove the enemy outlines but keep the Red Gamertags over their head. Also reduce the brightness of the outline and make it thinner so it’s more clear. Customizing shield colors should stay but they shouldn’t correspond with the color of your team; also change the shield brightness and transparency to something more like Halo Reach, just feels way to cartoony right now.

1 Like

Two words: Black armor. No outlines or weak outlines could cause major major issues as far as black armor is concerned. (Anyone familiar with the Roze skin in CoD knows what i’m talking about)

I will say having the option to increase/reduce shield and outline brightness would be helpful for alot of situations though. Instead of changing it across the board, give people an option for increase and decrease in the settings.

1 Like

I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.

> 2535447036158818;3:
> I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.

Helps with visibility that’s for sure and I like that.

Why are people talking about stealth in Halo. This is an Arena shooter!

If anything, it could be an option. Some of us like the outlines.

> 2535447036158818;3:
> I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.

Idk what game you were playing but I don’t think it’s possible to see enemies on the other side of the map that you wouldn’t have seen anyway. If I see an enemy at the end of the hallway or across a field, whether they’re outlined or not I can still see them. It’d be different if enemies had waypoints above their heads that would allow you to see them through walls but that’s not the case. It just outlines the person you’re looking at so you know whether or not to shoot them. You can still stealth, I did it all the time in BTB.

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2535447036158818;3:
> > I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.
>
> Idk what game you were playing but I don’t think it’s possible to see enemies on the other side of the map that you wouldn’t have seen anyway. If I see an enemy at the end of the hallway or across a field, whether they’re outlined or not I can still see them. It’d be different if enemies had waypoints above their heads that would allow you to see them through walls but that’s not the case. It just outlines the person you’re looking at so you know whether or not to shoot them. You can still stealth, I did it all the time in BTB.

Well I played with Gold Enemy outlines and there was never a moment where I didn’t immediately notice an enemy. It’s too easy, they may not be wall hacked, but they are glowing, which also creates this mess of light that really clutters the screen with way too much info. I’ve had several of my friends who played with me saying that there is way too much going on the screen that it’s hard to see, also difficult to be immersed. Maybe keep the team colored shields but remove the outlines. Way too easy to see enemies.

> 2533274849093370;5:
> Why are people talking about stealth in Halo. This is an Arena shooter!
>
> If anything, it could be an option. Some of us like the outlines.

Yes but you’d basically be putting yourself at a disadvantage if you turn it off when everyone else has it on.

> 2535447036158818;7:
> > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > 2535447036158818;3:
> > > I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.
> >
> > Idk what game you were playing but I don’t think it’s possible to see enemies on the other side of the map that you wouldn’t have seen anyway. If I see an enemy at the end of the hallway or across a field, whether they’re outlined or not I can still see them. It’d be different if enemies had waypoints above their heads that would allow you to see them through walls but that’s not the case. It just outlines the person you’re looking at so you know whether or not to shoot them. You can still stealth, I did it all the time in BTB.
>
> Well I played with Gold Enemy outlines and there was never a moment where I didn’t immediately notice an enemy. It’s too easy, they may not be wall hacked, but they are glowing, which also creates this mess of light that really clutters the screen with way too much info. I’ve had several of my friends who played with me saying that there is way too much going on the screen that it’s hard to see, also difficult to be immersed. Maybe keep the team colored shields but remove the outlines. Way too easy to see enemies.

The outlines are there for a reason my man. To see enemies. I think for yourself and anyone who shares your feelings, we should have a brightness slider for the outlines and shields to accommodate those who dislike bright colors or being able to see enemies easily.

Agreed, throw out pre-explosion red outlines on vehicles while you’re at it. They’re kind of immersion breaking if nothing else.

> 2533274882898126;9:
> > 2535447036158818;7:
> > > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > > 2535447036158818;3:
> > > > I get it with Black armor specifically, but the ability to see people from across the map is far more of an issue than being camouflaged. There are black skins in Apex and I always play with a Black Skin on FFA Halo, doesn’t make a difference; it just depends on the lighting of the map. Having the outline over enemies completely removes any options for stealth besides crouch behind an enemy. We played without outlines since the beginning and in my opinion, it’s not that hard to determine friend from foe without red and blue team. People are just going to pick the most visible color, giving some slightly more advantages than other, it breaks more than it solves. It is nice though, takes away the challenge of looking for enemies.
> > >
> > > Idk what game you were playing but I don’t think it’s possible to see enemies on the other side of the map that you wouldn’t have seen anyway. If I see an enemy at the end of the hallway or across a field, whether they’re outlined or not I can still see them. It’d be different if enemies had waypoints above their heads that would allow you to see them through walls but that’s not the case. It just outlines the person you’re looking at so you know whether or not to shoot them. You can still stealth, I did it all the time in BTB.
> >
> > Well I played with Gold Enemy outlines and there was never a moment where I didn’t immediately notice an enemy. It’s too easy, they may not be wall hacked, but they are glowing, which also creates this mess of light that really clutters the screen with way too much info. I’ve had several of my friends who played with me saying that there is way too much going on the screen that it’s hard to see, also difficult to be immersed. Maybe keep the team colored shields but remove the outlines. Way too easy to see enemies.
>
> The outlines are there for a reason my man. To see enemies. I think for yourself and anyone who shares your feelings, we should have a brightness slider for the outlines and shields to accommodate those who dislike bright colors or being able to see enemies easily.

Yes but you can see Enemies regardless and they’re actually mainly there to tell the difference between the teams. Also, it’s very hard to tell when an enemies shield is popped cause it blends in as the same color as the outline.

> 2535447036158818;8:
> > 2533274849093370;5:
> > Why are people talking about stealth in Halo. This is an Arena shooter!
> >
> > If anything, it could be an option. Some of us like the outlines.
>
> Yes but you’d basically be putting yourself at a disadvantage if you turn it off when everyone else has it on.

Then keep the setting on if given the option?

Enemy outlines need to go. They ruin the game. Being able to see people from a mile a way takes the fun out of it. It has ruined SWAT. There is no justification for being able to barely see a vehicles tires and know that someone is in it by having an outline.

1 Like

Because stealth play has always been in Halo?

1 Like

Edit the color of it, turn off screen effects, chromatic aberration and parallax.

Or, remove outlines for enemies for everyone.

2 Likes

Enemy outlines have to gooooo awayyyyy very away for everyone

2 Likes