Tune the matchmaking not the weapons.

Well here I am, one year into owning my Xbox and Halo 5. I’ve been up for a few hours now, chores are done coffee has been consumed and I have hours to play some Halo 5 but I’m not interested. Why, because I know as soon as I log in no matter what playlist I join it’s going to be a farmfest of highly skilled players matched by 343i against mid to low players like myself. Last night was probably the worst Halo experience I’ve had all year with games of 30+ deaths and not even getting 10 kills or an opportunity to get a shot on later game bosses.

The BR is so out of reach for mid-low players like myself that it’s not even worth the effort to join a game because it’s against players that have Spartan II like skill and accuracy.
At least with the pre-tuned BR and the tuned BR there were weapon options I could use to combat against skilled players with a BR and I might have had a chance to pull out a req or different load out option that evened up the gunfight. But now, not even a chance.

I get that skilled players want a weapon that matches their skill. That’s like giving a red seal carpenter a fisher price hammer and asking them to build you a house. It’s not going to happen so why should a game be any different. But the way the weapons and the matchmaking are now just aren’t compatible for all players, it’s hugely one sided to the few players that grind hard and only use one weapon. The Battle Rifle. This does not make for diverse or fair gameplay. A highly skilled or a professional individual should be able to adapt to changes and get the most out of their tools. These changes are like the Championship Bulls scoring on a net that’s at waist level and the size of a soccer goal against high school kids equipped with crutches scoring on a net the size of a coffee cup and 3 stories up. We know the results and not very good fun.

I bought an Xbox and the gear to get back into Halo.(I played Halo:CE & 2 on original Xbox and even Halo:CE on Mac before I got busy with other life challenges and sports) What are the chances that I’ll carry on playing Halo 5, contributing to the microtransaction system or the player population or even re-newing my live account or buying other Microsoft related products. Probably not going to happen. How many other players that fund the free DLC/updates and fund the HCS leagues are feeling the same ? If pro Halo players keep trashing the “social” Halo gamer, how much support and funds will continue to flow from us to them. Colin Kapernick was just one guy who wanted change and justice and look how that’s affected the NFL’s reputation and revenue. Keep trashing and ignoring the larger supporting base and you’ll be back to funding your own pro games. Maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

Thanks for listening, and happy gaming to all.
Cheers.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> Well here I am, one year into owning my Xbox and Halo 5. I’ve been up for a few hours now, chores are done coffee has been consumed and I have hours to play some Halo 5 but I’m not interested. Why, because I know as soon as I log in no matter what playlist I join it’s going to be a farmfest of highly skilled players matched by 343i against mid to low players like myself.

It may not be your thing, but if you played firefight, then being matched with skilled players would always be a good thing. Give it a try sometime, you might have more fun than you do in PvP.

The match making has gotten way better for me. To bad we didn’t have this type of match making from the start.

The matchmaking does take a little longer to get me into a game, but the games I’ve been having are very close. So to me it’s working great.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yeah, I have to sorta agree here. The matchmaking is not new player friendly any more and has just got some of the biggest -Yoinks!- you’ll ever see in this -Yoinking!- game. Seriously the game is now filled with smurfs that will mop the floor with you and taunt you like its such skill when it really isn’t. Halo 5 has probably one of the most cancerous communitys in a halo game, now that is, before I thought the game had a pretty solid community. But now its seriously at the same level of reach nowadays in terms of how bad it is they kinda are opposites in terms of how bad they are, reach is just filled with noobs that will talk cancer and h5 is filled with just sweats that are actual -Yoinking!- -Yoinks!-. They also need to fix their -Yoinking!- playlists. Having rotational playlists doesn’t give the game more variety, it restricts it. Knowing that something you like will only be up for 2 weeks just blows balls. Also 343, No more hidden ranks. That is the biggest offender is the stupid -Yoink- hidden ranking system.

OoSnip3r I had a look at your recent game history and it looks like your getting pretty fair matchmaking. You are playing golds and silvers with the occasional plat or bronze.
In WZ you have a 2.8 kd, 55% win rate and I saw games ranging from 17 kda to -4kda.
This all looks pretty normal to me.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> At least with the pre-tuned BR and the tuned BR there were weapon options I could use to combat against skilled players with a BR and I might have had a chance to pull out a req or different load out option that evened up the gunfight. But now, not even a chance.

I don’t really get what you’re saying here. The pre-tuned BR was easier to use so skilled players would’ve been better with it. You’d have a better chance now to counter the current BR with other weapon options compared to the original version.

Spartan21097 those stats include all war zone games. And I play a lot of firefight which helps boost a persons stat. I had no idea until a friend pointed out that I had a 2.9 KDA. I can assure you in most Warzone games I finish with a negative KDA, so that must mean the Firefight stats are included.

I’m glad Halo seems to be working for everyone else that has commented on here. I guess Halo just isn’t for me and there isn’t any room in the game for someone like me. With that being said I can assure that you’ll see less and less of me and I won’t be dragging you or the game down. If there’s no room for me in Halo 5 then you can rest easy because you thankfully won’t be seeing me in Halo 6. I truly hope it’s the game you’ve all been waiting for when it comes out. Thanks for your feedback and letting me know there isn’t any room for one more player.

Cheers.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Broey Broe I feel your frustration and it seems like players like you and I are not welcome to play unless we are okay with not playing but just there to boost other players stats and egos. I’m also sorry that your comment was so horrendously edited. As a Canadian who believe in free speech and is told that USA is the land of the free to watch your post be so aggressively censored makes me angry. Best of luck Broey, I hope you find your place in the game. Cheers.