TU5 Suggestions

Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER

1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
    -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
    -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)

2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
    -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.

3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:

• Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
  • Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.

Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)

> Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
>
> 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
>
> 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
>
> 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
>
> Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)

they will never do this 1st of all. 2nd you are pretty much wrong about cobras and hunters. i just don’t think you know what you are talking about at all

> Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
>
> 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
>
> 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
>
> 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
>
> Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)

Cobras are already pretty good. The only fix, and you touched on it, is their set up time/delay. They take forever to set up, and when they do, they take up twice their size in an invisible zone, clumping all your other units. Similar to an elephant.

Hunters are fine. Maybe a bit more accurate would help. Tanks need a speed debuff, like 10% or so. Make them not so effective at constant hit and runs with canister.

Boost is a little to spammable. Increase the cooldown by about 5 seconds, and increase build time by about 5 seconds. They did this same fix to warthogs, and it worked out well.

Some infantry is bad. In my opinion ODST and hunters are fine, jackals and flamers need a slight buff. Grunts, marines, and the covy base infantry all need a buffin someway.

> > Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
> >
> > 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> > -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> > -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
> >
> > 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> > -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
> >
> > 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> > - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> > - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
> >
> > Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)
>
> Cobras are already pretty good. The only fix, and you touched on it, is their set up time/delay. They take forever to set up, and when they do, they take up twice their size in an invisible zone, clumping all your other units. Similar to an elephant.
>
> Hunters are fine. Maybe a bit more accurate would help. Tanks need a speed debuff, like 10% or so. Make them not so effective at constant hit and runs with canister.
>
> Boost is a little to spammable. Increase the cooldown by about 5 seconds, and increase build time by about 5 seconds. They did this same fix to warthogs, and it worked out well.
>
> Some infantry is bad. In my opinion ODST and hunters are fine, jackals and flamers need a slight buff. Grunts, marines, and the covy base infantry all need a buffin someway.

I more or less agree. The main problem with tanks is that they’re too mobile. I think their strength is fine. This is also what makes cobras less viable, as the speed of the tanks in collusion with the slowness of the cobras makes it so tanks can just hit and run so you can’t logistically move the cobras. Hunters are fine except they’re a bit too slow, and a bit too uncoordinated. They’re especially a pain to get through the teleporters. I also agree that banshees could do with a slight increase in their boost cooldown. The infantry is a little more debatable.

> > Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
> >
> > 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> > -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> > -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
> >
> > 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> > -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
> >
> > 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> > - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> > - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
> >
> > Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)
>
> they will never do this 1st of all. 2nd you are pretty much wrong about cobras and hunters. i just don’t think you know what you are talking about at all

This is how this translates to me. “I’m far too immature to give a collected response of disagreement, whether you are right or wrong.” So basically, I’m going to ignore you in favor of people who can actually tell me why I’m wrong.

Covenant infantry may need a small speed buff. They’re so slow when I’m trying to get them to my team mate’s base to mine or from somwhere else, they take so long! And when they go up the lift, the hunters get stuck a lot of times.

> > > Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
> > >
> > > 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> > > -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> > > -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
> > >
> > > 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> > > -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
> > >
> > > 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> > > - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> > > - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
> > >
> > > Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)
> >
> > Cobras are already pretty good. The only fix, and you touched on it, is their set up time/delay. They take forever to set up, and when they do, they take up twice their size in an invisible zone, clumping all your other units. Similar to an elephant.
> >
> > Hunters are fine. Maybe a bit more accurate would help. Tanks need a speed debuff, like 10% or so. Make them not so effective at constant hit and runs with canister.
> >
> > Boost is a little to spammable. Increase the cooldown by about 5 seconds, and increase build time by about 5 seconds. They did this same fix to warthogs, and it worked out well.
> >
> > Some infantry is bad. In my opinion ODST and hunters are fine, jackals and flamers need a slight buff. Grunts, marines, and the covy base infantry all need a buffin someway.
>
> I more or less agree. The main problem with tanks is that they’re too mobile. I think their strength is fine. This is also what makes cobras less viable, as the speed of the tanks in collusion with the slowness of the cobras makes it so tanks can just hit and run so you can’t logistically move the cobras. Hunters are fine except they’re a bit too slow, and a bit too uncoordinated. They’re especially a pain to get through the teleporters. I also agree that banshees could do with a slight increase in their boost cooldown. The infantry is a little more debatable.

Atleast we’re all in agreement about the general rule, Tanks are too overused, Banshees are too overused, and Infantry is not nearly used enough. I’m still holding my side of the argument, as I believe Cobras still don’t do enough damage, but maybe half is stretching it. Counter units are supposed to completely deter your opponent from building that unit, but egg them on. The prime example is that Beam Rifle Jackals completely annhilate ODST at about half the population. Vampires, Wolverines, and Flamethrowers can do the same thing.

Cobras, for 350 resources, 3 tech (which means you have to wait until your opponent has probably canister shell), slow movement speed, slow turret speed, and uselessness against any other unit, Cobras don’t seem to be there money’s worth

I use a lot of infantry [:)].

As do I, but I only use them late game as a novelty

> > > > Ok, I’m officially going to open up this up. We need a TU5 update to Halo Wars, fixing a lot of game play tweaks that need ATLEAST looking. I’m not sure if Waypoint owns the coding to Halo Wars, but it’s worth a shot. As I say in most of my posts involving multiplayer gameplay, these are my opinions (And they may not even be the best ones), and all people may agree or disagree IN A CIVILIZED MANNER
> > > >
> > > > 1. Tanks are too powerful - It’s probably not that they’re too powerful, but more there counter units are too weak. Dont get me wrong, for 500 resources and 2 tech, a tank isn’t something to be expendable. However, a full army of tanks with decent microability can take on just about any unit, especially when it’s counter unit can’t effectively hurt the tank. Unless you have assault beam, Hunters don’t do enough damage, nor have enough defense to not get cut to shreds by Canister Shell, and then mopped up all too quickly, and even assault beam requires superior numbers to be really effective. Cobras are far too slow, take too long to set up, and don’t do enough damage to be effective against tanks, or any other unit for that matter. Banshees are your best bet against Tanks, but even they fall short when a few wolverines are added in, and Hornets/Hawks suffer the same weakness. Here’s what I suggest.
> > > > -Hunters do an additional damage against heavy vehicles, as well as a greater shell deflection rate, alteast a good 90% chance of deflecting a shell, and maybe a speed boost to catch up with tank micro (hunters are pretty fast according to the fps, so it’s canon anyway)
> > > > -Cobras have a faster set up time and greater damage to heavy vehicles (A piercing shot Cobra should take out AT LEAST half of a Grizzly’s health)
> > > >
> > > > 2. Boost is, for the most part, broken - Banshees can harass way too well with boosting, at almost no consequences (unless the enemy is at constant attention to these banshees, a base will be lost quickly). Here’s what I suggest:
> > > > -Boost is not allowed to be used until the feature has completely cooled down, boost should require longer time to icooldown, but Banshees can once again attack about half the time.
> > > >
> > > > 3. Infantry aren’t useful late game - Considering there speed, low damage even to the units they’re supposed to counter, and the ability to get HARD countered to just about every other unit, they’re pretty much only used to hold off until the player gets tanks or banshees, meaning that late game upgrades aren’t even viable (except MAYBE ODST). Here’s what I suggest:
> > > > - Main Infantry does additional damage to air (this means plasma pistol, plasma rifle, assault rifle, brute grenades, and needlers).
> > > > - Something for Covenant special, I’m not sure what, but none are effective late game at all.
> > > >
> > > > Those are the three big points I’d like to instate, these factors are the reasons why almost every game of Halo Wars consists of only tank building and Banshee Harassment (and sometimes leader rushing)
> > >
> > > Cobras are already pretty good. The only fix, and you touched on it, is their set up time/delay. They take forever to set up, and when they do, they take up twice their size in an invisible zone, clumping all your other units. Similar to an elephant.
> > >
> > > Hunters are fine. Maybe a bit more accurate would help. Tanks need a speed debuff, like 10% or so. Make them not so effective at constant hit and runs with canister.
> > >
> > > Boost is a little to spammable. Increase the cooldown by about 5 seconds, and increase build time by about 5 seconds. They did this same fix to warthogs, and it worked out well.
> > >
> > > Some infantry is bad. In my opinion ODST and hunters are fine, jackals and flamers need a slight buff. Grunts, marines, and the covy base infantry all need a buffin someway.
> >
> > I more or less agree. The main problem with tanks is that they’re too mobile. I think their strength is fine. This is also what makes cobras less viable, as the speed of the tanks in collusion with the slowness of the cobras makes it so tanks can just hit and run so you can’t logistically move the cobras. Hunters are fine except they’re a bit too slow, and a bit too uncoordinated. They’re especially a pain to get through the teleporters. I also agree that banshees could do with a slight increase in their boost cooldown. The infantry is a little more debatable.
>
> Atleast we’re all in agreement about the general rule, Tanks are too overused, Banshees are too overused, and Infantry is not nearly used enough. I’m still holding my side of the argument, as I believe Cobras still don’t do enough damage, but maybe half is stretching it. Counter units are supposed to completely deter your opponent from building that unit, but egg them on. The prime example is that Beam Rifle Jackals completely annhilate ODST at about half the population. Vampires, Wolverines, and Flamethrowers can do the same thing.
>
> Cobras, for 350 resources, 3 tech (which means you have to wait until your opponent has probably canister shell), slow movement speed, slow turret speed, and uselessness against any other unit, Cobras don’t seem to be there money’s worth

You are once again an Idiot. you do not know what you are talking about at all. if any of these changes you suggested occurred, gameplay would change completely. just like Tech 1 gremlins changed 1v1’s completely…

plus they will never do it

For team games, your ideas sort of make sense. Banshees and tanks are overused and infantry isn’t used enough. But all that would do is make a couple of other units the favorites to use. In 1v1, infantry is often used so buffing them would probably just make them OP in that game mode. Buffing cobras/weakening tanks would be so annoying. Have you ever played a Cutter/Forge mirror on Tundra or Release? If one player decides to go cobras, it turns into a huge cobra stalemate which often leads to long pointless games. At least tanks require some micro, locking down cobras in the middle of the map does not.

> For team games, your ideas sort of make sense. Banshees and tanks are overused and infantry isn’t used enough. But all that would do is make a couple of other units the favorites to use. In 1v1, infantry is often used so buffing them would probably just make them OP in that game mode. Buffing cobras/weakening tanks would be so annoying. Have you ever played a Cutter/Forge mirror on Tundra or Release? If one player decides to go cobras, it turns into a huge cobra stalemate which often leads to long pointless games. At least tanks require some micro, locking down cobras in the middle of the map does not.

I would be inclined to agree, if the majority of the population was in 1v1. the larger populations stick to 3v3s and 2v2s, which has been ignored in favor of balancing the 1v1, which has been in much debate whether it is the true test of skill. So I say keep ones attention on the greater population, or better yet, why not seperate updates for each of them? The game’s counter systems are too simple for the game to work universally on all three levels of play, I am aware that 1v1 is VASTLY different from 2v2 or 3v3 (i.e. games are faster, maps have more hooks and abilities, no teamate to act as a safety net) so, why not update both? because waypoint doesn’t like the Halo Wars community? They’ve been listening to us for as far as I can tell.

and Exlax, shush, the grown ups are talking.

> > For team games, your ideas sort of make sense. Banshees and tanks are overused and infantry isn’t used enough. But all that would do is make a couple of other units the favorites to use. In 1v1, infantry is often used so buffing them would probably just make them OP in that game mode. Buffing cobras/weakening tanks would be so annoying. Have you ever played a Cutter/Forge mirror on Tundra or Release? If one player decides to go cobras, it turns into a huge cobra stalemate which often leads to long pointless games. At least tanks require some micro, locking down cobras in the middle of the map does not.
>
> I would be inclined to agree, if the majority of the population was in 1v1. the larger populations stick to 3v3s and 2v2s, which has been ignored in favor of balancing the 1v1, which has been in much debate whether it is the true test of skill. So I say keep ones attention on the greater population, or better yet, why not seperate updates for each of them? The game’s counter systems are too simple for the game to work universally on all three levels of play, I am aware that 1v1 is VASTLY different from 2v2 or 3v3 (i.e. games are faster, maps have more hooks and abilities, no teamate to act as a safety net) so, why not update both? because waypoint doesn’t like the Halo Wars community? They’ve been listening to us for as far as I can tell.
>
> and Exlax, shush, the grown ups are talking.

Making updates individually for each game mode would just be confusing. 2v2 and 3v3 may have a greater population, but the majority of those players are low level and don’t really care about balance anyway. The percentage of high level players searching 1v1 (those that care about balance) is greater than the percentage of high level players playing team games. Most RTS games focus on balance for 1v1, teams is more of a fun thing to do with your friends. There may be a couple tweeks they could make to balance both 1v1 and team games, but the ideas you posted are pretty drastic.

> > > For team games, your ideas sort of make sense. Banshees and tanks are overused and infantry isn’t used enough. But all that would do is make a couple of other units the favorites to use. In 1v1, infantry is often used so buffing them would probably just make them OP in that game mode. Buffing cobras/weakening tanks would be so annoying. Have you ever played a Cutter/Forge mirror on Tundra or Release? If one player decides to go cobras, it turns into a huge cobra stalemate which often leads to long pointless games. At least tanks require some micro, locking down cobras in the middle of the map does not.
> >
> > I would be inclined to agree, if the majority of the population was in 1v1. the larger populations stick to 3v3s and 2v2s, which has been ignored in favor of balancing the 1v1, which has been in much debate whether it is the true test of skill. So I say keep ones attention on the greater population, or better yet, why not seperate updates for each of them? The game’s counter systems are too simple for the game to work universally on all three levels of play, I am aware that 1v1 is VASTLY different from 2v2 or 3v3 (i.e. games are faster, maps have more hooks and abilities, no teamate to act as a safety net) so, why not update both? because waypoint doesn’t like the Halo Wars community? They’ve been listening to us for as far as I can tell.
> >
> > and Exlax, shush, the grown ups are talking.
>
> Making updates individually for each game mode would just be confusing. 2v2 and 3v3 may have a greater population, but the majority of those players are low level and don’t really care about balance anyway. The percentage of high level players searching 1v1 (those that care about balance) is greater than the percentage of high level players playing team games. Most RTS games focus on balance for 1v1, teams is more of a fun thing to do with your friends. There may be a couple tweeks they could make to balance both 1v1 and team games, but the ideas you posted are pretty drastic.

I can see your point, but I still think some of the bigger ideas could be looked into. Tanks can take on just about anything, including the air (with the exception of banshees), and the banshee boost is just a little broken, there is no draw backs in running away with the boost, as they can kinda do it over and over again. Infantry isn’t as bad, I’d just like to see something tweaked about them, and if you think these are controversial, you should see some of the ideas I willfully put out of my head.

example: Scarab reduced to tech 2 requirement, greater Brute electric shot percentage, and reduced suicide grunt cost

One thing that I’d like to avoid is, as someone already mentioned, having a Cobra / Wolverine standoff where neither side makes much progress.

This weekend I was playing and I thought that I had the game won. I was up 4 bases to 1 but took a beating to get to that state. I solidified my holdings [Forge vs Anders] and thought that even though I was letting Anders get to 2 bases that it wouldn’t be a big deal to finish Anders off 4-2.

Little did I know that a few “high star Spartans”, Cobras locked down protecting both of Anders’ bases [very close to each other], over lapping turrets, and judicious use of a fully upgraded leader power would totally stifle my vehicular offensive. I couldn’t break through no matter what. My opponnent [when they tried to break through] got rebuffed by Cobras, Spartans, and Wolverines.

It wasn’t until I built some Vultures with MegaBarrage that I broke the initial stalemate. Then Anders just dropped her Hawks and it became a Cobra, Wolverine style stalemate. With the very narrow pathways neither team could hit the other person with enough force for it to make sense even trying.

I had no idea what to try other than to just do hit & retreat tactics and hope that I do more damage to them than they can heal / rebuild effectively. I think I ended up blowing their 2nd base up several times [at a cost] and their primary base once. They ended up resigning probably due more to frustration than actually having “lost”.

Note: I mishandled the game. No question about that. I’m not a very good player. However even a not-good-player should be able to win easily [vs. another “not good player”] with a fully upgraded army and a 4-2 base advantage.

Devil’s Advocate: Ok I spent a LOT of the game when I was up 4-2 just goofing around & seeing how things worked. I found it hard to believe that map design + counter units would so totally stifle each other …