TU Welcome screen took my MS points

When i put my Reach disc in, the title update did not come up, because i have a preview disc. Even so, the TU Welcome screen was there and after reading it, i saw on the bottom it said “Press X to go to the Marketplace and download now!” so i did, i clicked A and confirmed my download and then i realized that instead of the TU, it spent my points on an Avatar item. the Cortana Chip.

I was tricked into spending 4 dollars of my money.

Is there anything i can do to get my money back?

You weren’t tricked, it was your own fault for not reading it carefully.

Had the same screen and it told me what I was going to download. Maybe this is a lesson about not clicking before you read.

i wondered about that cortana chip but didnt download, now im glad i didnt lol

> You weren’t tricked, it was your own fault for not reading it carefully.

This. I was also curious what that was after I had downloaded the TU already, so I pressed X and saw that it was the Cortana chip. So I though to myself, “Well, I’m here already. Sooo…” =D

Have you never experienced a TU before? They’re always downloaded as you launch the game and you never have to buy them.

However, the preview disc isn’t getting the TU as far as I’m aware.

If you do have it, a small ‘1.1’ will be visible on the title screen.

> Have you never experienced a TU before? They’re always downloaded as you launch the game and you never have to buy them.
>
> However, the preview disc isn’t getting the TU as far as I’m aware.
>
> If you do have it, a small ‘1.1’ will be visible on the title screen.

Exactly, it’s not possible to give it a Title Update, sorry to break the news before 343i do but you WILL eventually need to buy a retail disk.

i havent even gotten a TU yet
way to go 343

> i havent even gotten a TU yet
> way to go 343

Buy a copy of Reach instead of leeching off the Preview Disk before you talk smack.

People who have the preview disc aren’t “leeching”, Little Moa. That’s actually a rather insulting thing to say, uncalled for, and I know you know better. They’ve paid for the game in another way than spending cash, in this case by testing the dashboard. A service we all benefit from. And it really isn’t fair that they should be excluded from the TU unless the spend money on a game they’ve already earned to play.

As others have said, it’s your own fault for not reading, sorry to say it. But it stated what you where about to download and the cost of it.
I will say though, it would have been nice if the text in the “pop-up” would actually have said anything what the “Press X to go to the marketplace” would lead to…

BS Angel has already said that the team is working on an update for the preview disc, but they don’t have a timeframe for it.

Also, why the hell are you insulting Moa, when you bought Reach 6 times? That’s at least $200 on the disc alone…

And even if OP could come up with a valid reason for a refund, MS won’t give it to you. When they say “No Refunds” they stick to it.

> When i put my Reach disc in, the title update did not come up, because i have a preview disc. Even so, the TU Welcome screen was there and after reading it, i saw on the bottom it said “Press X to go to the Marketplace and download now!” so i did, i clicked A and confirmed my download and then i realized that instead of the TU, it spent my points on an Avatar item. the Cortana Chip.
>
> I was tricked into spending 4 dollars of my money.
>
> Is there anything i can do to get my money back?

I did something similar when I bought the Gears 2 All Fronts Big Pack when I already had 90% of the maps. I paid 400 extra MSP and even tried to message about it. They pretty much kindly told me “No Refunds. We have your Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney.”

It sucked but that’s how she rolls :frowning:

> And even if OP could come up with a valid reason for a refund, MS won’t give it to you. When they say “No Refunds” they stick to it.

Weird… because my brother (he’s like… 7 at the time) bought Lego Star Wars from GOD and he wasn’t supposed to… he thought it was a demo… and when we called up -Yoink!- they gave us a refund… of course… he bought it with a credit card… but we spoke to microsoft because I knew if we charged back bad things would occur lol. So -Yoink!- refunded the money and he kept the game… don’t try to exploit this… you’ll just lose money… honest mistakes are very different than… leeching…

These are the halo waypoint forums.

Be nice, respectful, polite, civilized and have fun.
If you’re not going to keep the waypoint spirit then you shouldn’t be here.
So keep the waypoint spirit and do not start attacking other members.

Thank you.

> When i put my Reach disc in, the title update did not come up, because i have a preview disc. Even so, the TU Welcome screen was there and after reading it, i saw on the bottom it said “Press X to go to the Marketplace and download now!” so i did, i clicked A and confirmed my download and then i realized that instead of the TU, it spent my points on an Avatar item. the Cortana Chip.
>
>

Bing Rewards.

Install the toolbar in IE and then you can disable it to reduce load time. Then sign in to Bing.com daily from your preferred browser and do the searches and take advantage of 3-6 credit offers.

>
>

Here’s your problem right in bold. Every Title Update, be it Live itself or any product will NOT be on the Marketplace for download. It would set you up and ask for confirmation on the D/L right away with the little Blue Exclamation Point.

You obviously pressed A way too many times b/c you would have to browse the Marketplace Items before essentially confirming the download. Plus when it asks for confirmation, it lists the item in question.

Nothing was “stolen” from you, you were over-zealous.

Y’all need to calm down. Obviously, a mistake was made. The person neglected to fully read what was being put on the screen and willfully pressed the accept button. Which in turn purchased an avatar item. There is no fault of Xbox here.

This works a lot like cellphone service. For 5 years, I put up with crybabies and complainers over the phone that caused their own problems and expected us to just make the “oops” go away. You did this to yourself. Be an adult and own up to it and quit playing a victim in this. You don’t deserve a refund because of your negligence. Since you have the Cortana chip now, you might as well use it. It isn’t fun when things happen that you weren’t expecting, but it did happen. Many times have I bought something on XBL on “accident” and I never expect a refund because well, it says NO REFUNDS.

Children children, don’t make me get the hose!

Let’s all play nice and treat each other with respect. 343 is working on resolving the issue with preview discs not being compatible with the Title Update.

Until then you could always find your retail copy of Reach or purchase/borrow another. Until then sadly you’ll have to wait patiently.

Using the preview disc as a permanent replacement was not a wise move and if I remember correctly was advised against at some point during the preview program. Everyone in the preview program was also advised than any damages or lack/loss of functionality from the preview program software, hardware, or materials was a possibility, was understood by the user, and that Microsoft was not liable.