TU/vanilla splitting

Please don’t let this happen in Halo 4.

There has been no word if these weapon tweaks are per-gametype, or universal. There may not be a split.

Based on the previous TU, I assume they will be universal changes like the Boltshot nerf. I’d say this was ideal, so you don’t split the community.

> There has been no word if these weapon tweaks are per-gametype, or universal. There may not be a split.

I know. The backend tuning thing isn’t bad at all by itself, it just has me concerned.

I just don’t want to see a TU beta list like they did in Reach. I’d prefer 343i commit to/stand by their changes for better or worse, and apply them across the board or do nothing at all.

There should be no split. That only caused problems in Reach. It should be like it was back in Halo 2 and 3: if there is a TU, it should be universal.

Tweaks are not universal, but can be.

Could make for some interesting Sack. Fingers crossed the default gametypes remain consistent.

The problem with the “split” in Reach is that the TU was specifically created for people who hated Reach and not for the people who liked Reach. Pushing Reach towards a gamestyle that it was not created for and annoying those who liked it.

The only way this won’t happen in Halo 4 is if the TU was specifically created to make Halo 4 a much better Halo 4 game, and not make it more into a Halo 2 or 3 game.

> The problem with the “split” in Reach is that the TU was specifically created for people who hated Reach and not for the people who liked Reach. Pushing Reach towards a gamestyle that it was not created for and annoying those who liked it.
>
> The only way this won’t happen in Halo 4 is if the TU was specifically created to make Halo 4 a much better Halo 4 game, and not make it more into a Halo 2 or 3 game.

Well, actually having a balanced sandbox is pushing farther away from Halo 2 and 3.

I don’t know what they should have or shouldn’t have done in Reach…

> > The problem with the “split” in Reach is that the TU was specifically created for people who hated Reach and not for the people who liked Reach. Pushing Reach towards a gamestyle that it was not created for and annoying those who liked it.
> >
> > The only way this won’t happen in Halo 4 is if the TU was specifically created to make Halo 4 a much better Halo 4 game, and not make it more into a Halo 2 or 3 game.
>
> Well, actually having a balanced sandbox is pushing farther away from Halo 2 and 3.
>
> I don’t know what they should have or shouldn’t have done in Reach…

I know plenty they could have done with Reach, even before a TU. Unfortunately I was always pushed aside for someone claiming he was a “true Halo fan” and was planning on burning his disk when halo 4 is released.