TU Slayer > Team Slayer

So I’m still missing why the population of Team Slayer is much higher than that of the Super Slayer playlist (which is much more balanced and fun overall, IMO).

Seems like every time I go into Team Slayer, I end up on a team of a bunch of guests that go -14, or, I’m just on a team that has no idea what they’re doing.

In Social Slayer, I go +5 or higher in just about every game because the DMR at 80% bloom is actually usable compared to the vanilla DMR with 100%.

Not to mention Armor Lock is nerfed with TU.

So, why do you play Team Slayer, and why does Social Slayer have such a small population in comparison?

It is the first option on the top of the list, most people just rush in to a game and start searching instantly.

Guaranteed if you either put Super Slayer there or put TU settings in Team Slayer, 95% of the population wouldn’t notice.

Although, others would argue it is because people prefer Vanilla, no one really knows really.

I don’t find Super Slayer to be more balanced or more fun. The TU buffs the DMR to be even stronger than it already was and they haven’t altered the settings like increasing damage or something to adjust to it. The TU really only works better in Rumble Pit where you don’t have teammates to help. But even there they haven’t altered the settings.

I’ve always preffered Super Slayer even though I have no idea what the TU did since I never cared to look…

> I don’t find Super Slayer to be more balanced or more fun. The TU buffs the DMR to be even stronger than it already was and they haven’t altered the settings like increasing damage or something to adjust to it. The TU really only works better in Rumble Pit where you don’t have teammates to help. But even there they haven’t altered the settings.

Yeah, it makes the DMR stronger, but it was already the main weapon in the game wither way. It just makes it easier to land shots when you don’t have to wait for your bloom to reset. Also, Armor Lock takes damage and isn’t used as much in Super Slayer as it is in Team Slayer, and that’s always a positive.

> It is the first option on the top of the list, most people just rush in to a game and start searching instantly.
>
> Guaranteed if you either put Super Slayer there or put TU settings in Team Slayer, 95% of the population wouldn’t notice.
>
> Although, others would argue it is because people prefer Vanilla, no one really knows really.

TU Bloom > 100% Bloom

All day

Up until just a few days ago, I was with you. Super Slayer was my default gametype whenever I wanted to relax and have a good time, but I was noticing more and more crappy gamers (swords and shotguns around corners, armor locking, teabagging, trash talking, etc.) and I wanted to try something new.

I hopped into the Team Slayer playlist because there were tons of people on it and I figured the population might be better.

I feel like I’ve fallen in love with Halo again. Granted, it’s still Halo: Reach, but the games felt evenly matched. I got the highest kills on my team most games, but it wasn’t too far off from the lowest on my team. Nobody was sitting around corners with a sword or a shotgun. Nobody was credit leeching. Nobody was armor lockin’.

Maybe I just got really lucky a few games…
…or maybe the Teal Slayer population just believes in playing Halo instead of sitaroundacornerwithashotgunandteabagthemwhentheywalkintoyourtrap.

> The TU buffs the DMR to be even stronger than it already was

The DMR is no more powerful than it ever was. It is just more accurate…which a precision weapon should be.

> > The TU buffs the DMR to be even stronger than it already was
>
> The DMR is no more powerful than it ever was. It is just more accurate…which a precision weapon should be.

Higher consistent accuracy at a faster paced firerate = Higher DPS at range compared to the vanilla version.

Seems more powerful to me.
Maybe not damage per shot, but higher in relation to time since you won’t be missing nearly as much at a high firerate compared to a similar situation with the vanilla DMR.

The DMR was always an accurate precision weapon. You just had to fire it slower to keep it that way.

> > > The TU buffs the DMR to be even stronger than it already was
> >
> > The DMR is no more powerful than it ever was. It is just more accurate…which a precision weapon should be.
>
> Higher consistent accuracy at a faster paced firerate = Higher DPS at range compared to the vanilla version.
>
> Seems more powerful to me.
> Maybe not damage per shot, but higher in relation to time since you won’t be missing nearly as much at a high firerate compared to a similar situation with the vanilla DMR.
>
> The DMR was always an accurate precision weapon. You just had to fire it slower to keep it that way.

You can spam a perfect 5 shot at the max RoF in vanilla. Just because it doesn’t happen every time doesn’t mean you can discredit that outcome. Again, the DMR is not more powerful with the title update, it’s just more accurate…which a precision weapon should be.