TU ruins Reach Multiplayer

The TU makes Reach funner.

> > > > TU fixed some of the main gameplay problems with Reach.
> > > >
> > > > Be thankful 343 is allowing “standard” Reach to still live.
> > > >
> > > > No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.
> > >
> > > Yay! It fixed crap by throwing more crap at it! No, bleed through is very glitchy and unpredictable. Normal Reach shields, you can only kill someone with a melee if their shields are gone, simple, easy to tell the difference. Bleed through, random, host has super advantage (more so that normal). I was play-testing the TU settings in a local game last night with my brother, he runs up to me shooting, I shoot him a few times, we both melee, I win but have no shields and no visible health left. We were both using ARs, he took my shields half way down, I only took his a third of the way down, and I won. Bleed through is glitchy, unpredictable, is that what you want Reach to be!?
> > >
> > > On another note. If your shields are recharging and are 33% recharged, and someone shoots you with a Magnum or a DMR in the head, you die.
> > >
> > > Bleed through = unpredictable gameplay, that is the very thing a “TU” was supposed to fix! not make it worse!
> >
> > Mhhh, I have to agree, at least partially.In fact, I am only “half concerned”:
> > -Al nerf, it’s ok, I dont like it and it didn’t bother me that much.
> > -Camo nerf, just the same.
> > -Sword block, just the same, I don’t care.Countdown is going to be horrible, though, but it makes sense…(?)
> > -no/less Bloom, no prob, I liked 100% before, and I like ZB/85% now, even if it changes a bit the whole weapon balance, and it makes the lag issue even worst.
> >
> > But bleed trough…removes a big game mechanic : shield pop.I don’t know what 343’s intention was(maybe to give a more “analogic” feeling?), but I’m not sure it works that well.CoD is CoD.Halo is Halo.
>
> Why did you bring CoD into this? It is totally unrelated to this thread.

your reply is unrelated to this topic aswell, so is this but hey, it doesn’t really matter since he did contribute to the topic…

> Why did you bring CoD into this? It is totally unrelated to this thread.

It is related since I stated the “analogic” feeling about bleed through.If you have played CoD, you have already seen those amazing “headhots in the knees” killcams…

i have no problem with the TU, its still a work in progress, it just seems hard for alot of people because they are used to using bloom so much. If you say no-bloom=/= skills try headshoting someone in a DMR duel. Just because yyou get less kills without bloom doesn’t mean you have less skills. It just means there is better players out there and you don’t have random luck on your side

> The TU is BS that brings back mechanics that were bad for Halo and removed for good reasons.

This is only your opinion. The mechanics that were used in previous Halo games were good for those games, but are not necessarily good for Reach. Reach was never meant to be like the previous Halo games, Reach is something new, it is something different. The mechanics that were present in other Halo game aren’t necessarily the answer to Reach.

It’s like putting a scope on a shotgun. What works for one gun might not work an other. What works for one game might not work for an other. And that is the case with the TU in my opinion.

> The mechanics that were used in previous Halo games were good for those games, but are not necessarily good for Reach. Reach was never meant to be like the previous Halo games, Reach is something new, it is something different. The mechanics that were present in other Halo game aren’t necessarily the answer to Reach.

No offense to your own opinion… but Bungie has only ever made Reach feel more like CE than H2 or H3 ever did.

Halo didn’t have Duel Wielding, no fall damage, no health packs, no health bars until Halo 2 came along.

And the community has only ever said: “Bring back Halo 1!” Not H2, Not H3.

So Reach reverted to the CE setup and pulled it off well (imo).

Reach was meant to be the “Swan Song” of Halo. The most perfect mechanics after 10 years of blood, sweat and tears. NOT something completely different (H2 and H3 were COMPLETELY different.)

The things fans like yourself refer to as “completely different” or “NOT Halo” just aren’t as measurable offenses as H2 and H3 introduced.

Jump height? Run speed? Bloom? Grenade power? AA’s? Are you kidding me? In the grand scheme of things, these introductions are NOTHING like the BS that was H2 and H3.

Reach is more like CE, and as a fan AND a CE Vet, I appreciate Reach for truly being more “Halo-like” than any other sequel WHILE evolving the game.

I can’t say the same about H2 and H3, which is why I think it’s CRAZY that you guys keep referring to Reach as the Black sheep of the Halo family which needs to be “fixed”.

> > The mechanics that were used in previous Halo games were good for those games, but are not necessarily good for Reach. Reach was never meant to be like the previous Halo games, Reach is something new, it is something different. The mechanics that were present in other Halo game aren’t necessarily the answer to Reach.
>
> No offense to your own opinion… but Bungie has only ever made Reach feel more like CE than H2 or H3 ever did.
>
> Halo didn’t have Duel Wielding, no fall damage, no health packs, no health bars until Halo 2 came along.
>
> And the community has only ever said: “Bring back Halo 1!” Not H2, Not H3.
>
> So Reach reverted to the CE setup and pulled it off well (imo).
>
> Reach was meant to be the “Swan Song” of Halo. The most perfect mechanics after 10 years of blood, sweat and tears. NOT something completely different (H2 and H3 were COMPLETELY different.)
>
> The things fans like yourself refer to as “completely different” or “NOT Halo” just aren’t as measurable offenses as H2 and H3 introduced.
>
> Jump height? Run speed? Bloom? Grenade power? AA’s? Are you kidding me? In the grand scheme of things, these introductions are NOTHING like the BS that was H2 and H3.
>
> Reach is more like CE, and as a fan AND a CE Vet, I appreciate Reach for truly being more “Halo-like” than any other sequel WHILE evolving the game.
>
> I can’t say the same about H2 and H3, which is why I think it’s CRAZY that you guys keep referring to Reach as the Black sheep of the Halo family which needs to be “fixed”.

if reach is so similar to ce, explain to me were does AA’s, diminished run speed and bloom comes from? These have nothing to do with halo ce. The only thing reach was good for was to cater to casual gamers. your argument makes no sense at all as if you play halo cea you will see that it is more similar to H2 or 3 then reach. Even reach’s shield system had nothing to do with CE.Therefore your argument makes no sense and i have no idea if you even played CE

lolTUReach

That’s all I can say.

Sword Block and the Active Camo nerf is all I really praise. 85% Bloom and the Armour Lock Nerf are average but remain in the back of mind head as being slightly favouring those who see their target first and getting the kill. You should expect all outcomes of what your opponents might do. Increasing the accuracy and decreasing the effectiveness that of an Armour Ability was intended to have doesn’t work.

Shield Bleedthrough, Zero Bloom and the Anniversary Magnum are the most barbaric changes of them all and really kill the diversity of the Weapons Sandbox. Its like that time I won a Squad Slayer game using the Plasma Pistol only. Now its going to end up as only winning games you use the DMR and Anniversary Magnum.

Ridiculous.

Can i suggest that rather than aimlessly biting off eachothers heads over who “might” be right, we should uniformly request that 343i offer two sets of playlists: those with TU settings( they can continue to work out any issues without vanilla players complaining) and an original reach set( no TU changes whatsoever). That way we can each play.the games we enjoy without the influence of the other.

The population count is irrelavent and both sides can be right since this is all based on personal preference. Lets just agree to disagree and each play the way we want rather than forcing our standards down someone elses throat.

I personally disagree with every TU change but understand that there are many who disagree, and if i feel i have the right play the way i want to, so do they! I wont stop you, just please dont interfere woth my games!

Fair???

please explain how LESS bloom can make the game MORE inconsistent?

troll logics?

TUREACH is a thousand times better than that of standard Reach.

Also ragequitting over MINOR changes to only THREE playlists=Hilarious. If that’s enough to make you quit, then you didn’t really like the game in the first place.

No, it doesn’t.

Less bloom randomness = better

And really, Armor Lock was fine? /smh

You can still smash vehicles with it you know.

Halo: Reach? Naw.

Shadowrun: Reach? Yep.

With the TU, it’s starting to somewhat resemble a Halo game now.

Although, i do believe their focus starting at the end of the month should basically be 100% Halo 4.

> Can i suggest that rather than aimlessly biting off eachothers heads over who “might” be right, we should uniformly request that 343i offer two sets of playlists: those with TU settings( they can continue to work out any issues without vanilla players complaining) and an original reach set( no TU changes whatsoever). That way we can each play.the games we enjoy without the influence of the other.
>
> The population count is irrelavent and both sides can be right since this is all based on personal preference. Lets just agree to disagree and each play the way we want rather than forcing our standards down someone elses throat.
>
> I personally disagree with every TU change but understand that there are many who disagree, and if i feel i have the right play the way i want to, so do they! I wont stop you, just please dont interfere woth my games!
>
> Fair???

Thus splitting the community which is exactly why 343 didn’t make multiplayer for Halo: CEA.

I see your point and agree, but 343 apparently doesn’t want two separate community’s, so if that’s the case, than they are going to force both community’s to play the same game eventually. Playlist by playlist they will probably replace all of the regular Reach game-types with the TU ones.

> > The mechanics that were used in previous Halo games were good for those games, but are not necessarily good for Reach. Reach was never meant to be like the previous Halo games, Reach is something new, it is something different. The mechanics that were present in other Halo game aren’t necessarily the answer to Reach.
>
> No offense to your own opinion… but Bungie has only ever made Reach feel more like CE than H2 or H3 ever did.
>
> Halo didn’t have Duel Wielding, no fall damage, no health packs, no health bars until Halo 2 came along.
>
> And the community has only ever said: “Bring back Halo 1!” Not H2, Not H3.
>
> So Reach reverted to the CE setup and pulled it off well (imo).
>
> Reach was meant to be the “Swan Song” of Halo. The most perfect mechanics after 10 years of blood, sweat and tears. NOT something completely different (H2 and H3 were COMPLETELY different.)
>
> The things fans like yourself refer to as “completely different” or “NOT Halo” just aren’t as measurable offenses as H2 and H3 introduced.
>
> Jump height? Run speed? Bloom? Grenade power? AA’s? Are you kidding me? In the grand scheme of things, these introductions are NOTHING like the BS that was H2 and H3.
>
> Reach is more like CE, and as a fan AND a CE Vet, I appreciate Reach for truly being more “Halo-like” than any other sequel WHILE evolving the game.
>
> I can’t say the same about H2 and H3, which is why I think it’s CRAZY that you guys keep referring to Reach as the Black sheep of the Halo family which needs to be “fixed”.

Why do games evolve over time?

> if reach is so similar to ce, explain to me were does AA’s, diminished run speed and bloom comes from? These have nothing to do with halo ce. The only thing reach was good for was to cater to casual gamers. your argument makes no sense at all as if you play halo cea you will see that it is more similar to H2 or 3 then reach. Even reach’s shield system had nothing to do with CE.Therefore your argument makes no sense and i have no idea if you even played CE

It’s like you never read a single thing you quoted from me… Typical of a Reach hater. The cliff’s notes FYI -

So there, I did address your BS concerns about how immeasurable and insignificant the changes are which you find soooooo egregious, AND I pointed out how Reach is MORE like CE than any other Halo.

In this context I would have to say that the only ones not making sense here are people like yourself who keep bringing your H2/H3 crap into threads when clearly this game was made to be a newer/better/evolved version of CE.

Reach was only ever made to be the best of Halo (and it is). Where as H2 and H3, clearly had faulty design decisions that were removed for good reason. THAT was my counter point to Eshcka who claimed that Reach was only-ever “supposed to be different”, but he can’t back that statement up with anything that’s REALLY measurable/significant.

The TU settings helps improve Reach from it’s rather poor default settings. Sans movement, grav, and jump height (120 movement, 125 jump, 200 grav, 2012!), Reach is becoming less abysmal. Stayed up for the morn and played some 85 bloom on Ann Squad, it felt like how Reach should have been out the box (take that Armor Lock! Slow down gameplay on my watch will ya?). Anniversary is pretty dope too , the settings are pretty fun (Magnum is random as hell though :frowning: ) and while i find fault at the jump height, it doesn’t bother me too much. I can see why you love Damnation so much Urza ^_^.

I love to see these “failed” concepts from Halo 2 and Halo 3 and how Reach is better/ an evolution from that. The only thing i will give you is the inconsistent netcode of Halo 3 but that’s about it. Reach has superb netcode, one of the best on the market but at the cost of unpopular gameplay and less emphasis on the competitive environment/ranked? At least things are getting better now :stuck_out_tongue:

@Eshcka:

Thats exactly my point! We need to tell 343i As a single community that, in this case, separation is the most reasonable outcome for the community. I wpuld rather play with a fraction of the.community and have everyone enjoy the game, than see everyone complaining over forced settings. 343i Opened a door that cannot be easily closed. Now that there are two styles of rrach gamelpay out there, they cant simply get rid of one.

If they REALLY want to play the population card, they should understand that a unified reach in either direciton would result in an even greater decline in population( i would quit MM if TU was universal). Whereas leaving both options allows fpr more people to enjoy the game. That being said, i dont believe the current population status is a result of the quality of reach(not directly). More so, it is a result of other options coming available…

I absolutely hate the ZB trend that has hit reach. The out cry of the players with no skill, or accuracy have tugged on the heart strings of 343i. End result a once awesome challenging game, turned into some you’ll find in an arcade 25 cents.

NO ZB in H4, timing and patience needs to be encouraged!

> I absolutely hate the ZB trend that has hit reach. The out cry of the players with no skill, or accuracy have tugged on the heart strings of 343i. End result a once awesome challenging game, turned into some you’ll find in an arcade 25 cents.
>
> NO ZB in H4, timing and patience needs to be encouraged!

Lol, the ones who asked for ZB are the most skilled. The ones crying how they get owned in ZB are just mad because they do worse without their random luck factor.

Oh, and Halo 1, 2, and 3 didn’t have bloom. They did just fine and they were much more popular than Reach. ZB is Halo. Bloom is Reach.