TU ruins Reach Multiplayer

I would just like to say that you have ruined two of my favorite playlists. Squad Slayer and Multi-Team. The bloom change is ridiculously inconsistent, armor lock and active camo were fine the wy they were. Also, getting rid of premium battle was moronic, I haven’t seen a Noble or Defiant map since last week. You failed us 343. I have been an avid Halo supporter since the beginning, playing the multiplayer of every Halo title to date. This is the game changer. I will NOT be buying Halo 4, unless Reach is restored to the goodness which it used to be.

If you don’t know what’s wrong with Reach, I will say that you need to just get out there and play a few games. NOT internal games, but games with the community. MM is garb now.

One week and then Reach is going back to the store for a whopping 3 dollar credit, or whatever they give me.

TU fixed some of the main gameplay problems with Reach.

Be thankful 343 is allowing “standard” Reach to still live.

No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.

> I would just like to say that you have ruined two of my favorite playlists. Squad Slayer and Multi-Team. The bloom change is ridiculously inconsistent, <mark>armor lock</mark> and active camo were <mark>fine</mark> the wy they were. Also, getting rid of premium battle was moronic, I haven’t seen a Noble or Defiant map since last week. You failed us 343. I have been an avid Halo supporter since the beginning, playing the multiplayer of every Halo title to date. This is the game changer. <mark>I will NOT be buying Halo 4, unless Reach is restored to the goodness which it used to be.</mark>
>
> If you don’t know what’s wrong with Reach, I will say that you need to just get out there and play a few games. NOT internal games, but games with the community. MM is garb now.
>
> One week and then Reach is going back to the store for a whopping 3 dollar credit, or whatever they give me.

really dude? armor lock and ‘fine’ in the same sentence? you cant be serious…

the only real issue is bullet bleed through, i know the mechanic itself is consistent but it adds confusion to the game since you could appear to require more bullets to kill you then what is actually needed because the line is so fine that it cannot be noticed by the human eye.

armour lock changes do address the main complaint but i think they are going about it all wrong and active camo, well, this AA can never be salvaged without a complete overhaul.

as for bloom, well, the effects of visualizing where drastic, although this game does need bloom it should have been visualized in a different manner because bloom in it’s current implementation allows players to aim effectively with less effort while giving them a chance of winning even though they are being incompetent.

> really dude? armor lock and ‘fine’ in the same sentence? you cant be serious…

This post has been edited by a Moderator: Please do not flame or attack your fellow forum members.

Someone likes AL.

> No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.

I think it’s important to realize that this is a very unusual situation for a patch. We are well over 1 year into the game’s life, and we’ve had a change in supporting developer. Throwing default Reach under the bus is not the optimal choice in this situation.

Not to mention that this “major patch” has a major glitch relating to bleed-through.

yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha

> the only real issue is bullet bleed through, i know the mechanic itself is consistent but it adds confusion to the game since you could appear to require more bullets to kill you then what is actually needed because the line is so fine that it cannot be noticed by the human eye.
>
> armour lock changes do address the main complaint but i think they are going about it all wrong and active camo, well, this AA can never be salvaged without a complete overhaul.
>
> as for bloom, well, the effects of visualizing where drastic, although this game does need bloom it should have been visualized in a different manner because bloom in it’s current implementation allows players to aim effectively with less effort while giving them a chance of winning even though they are being incompetent.

Why should incompetent players have a chance of winning even though the definition of incompetent means the inability to be able to complete tasks. What you are trying to say is to give the competent players a handicap while giving an advantage to the incompetent (bloom)

If you ever played a single round of ZB MLG, you would know that it is just not spam fest, it is really hard to aim without bloom. With bloom, it is easier for less experienced players to get kills because the bullets have a chance of getting inside the reticule because of bullet magnetism.

> > the only real issue is bullet bleed through, i know the mechanic itself is consistent but it adds confusion to the game since you could appear to require more bullets to kill you then what is actually needed because the line is so fine that it cannot be noticed by the human eye.
> >
> > armour lock changes do address the main complaint but i think they are going about it all wrong and active camo, well, this AA can never be salvaged without a complete overhaul.
> >
> > as for bloom, well, the effects of visualizing where drastic, although this game does need bloom it should have been visualized in a different manner because bloom in it’s current implementation allows players to aim effectively with less effort while giving them a chance of winning even though they are being incompetent.
>
> Why should incompetent players have a chance of winning even though the definition of incompetent means the inability to be able to complete tasks. What you are trying to say is to give the competent players a handicap while giving an advantage to the incompetent (bloom)
>
> If you ever played a single round of ZB MLG, you would know that it is just not spam fest, it is really hard to aim without bloom. With bloom, it is easier for less experienced players to get kills because the bullets have a chance of getting inside the reticule because of bullet magnetism.

you miss-understand, i was talking about the effects of bloom…

edit:
oh, you where directing the reply at the comment “this game does need bloom”?
well, you still missunderstood, i said this game does need bloom to allow for map flow, teamwork and actually allow people to move around bigger maps but as i said, it was implemented wrong and outlined what was wrong.

> yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha

YES! One less armor locker. The world is just a little bit better for it :wink:

> > yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha
>
> YES! One less armor locker. The world is just a little bit better for it :wink:

Exactly what I thought when I saw this thread.

> yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha

I can’t let out enough tears of joy.

> > No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.
>
> I think it’s important to realize that this is a very unusual situation for a patch. We are well over 1 year into the game’s life, and we’ve had a change in supporting developer. Throwing default Reach under the bus is not the optimal choice in this situation.
>
> Not to mention that this “major patch” has a major glitch relating to bleed-through.

so what you are saying is, at some point in time ‘fixes’ become not worth it?

… i actually cannot describe how silly this is in the words that i would prefer to use because in doing so i would probably get banned. this being said, the word ‘laughable’ comes to mind.

‘major glitch’? the health pack glitch is hardly a ‘major glitch’, especially considering you can get around the entire glitch by simply staying away from melee battles (which you should be doing in the first place if you are playing optimally).

> yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha

you’ll be missed. we promise.

naw thats a lie. seeya!

> The bloom change is ridiculously inconsistent, armor lock and active camo were fine the wy they were.

Lolwaaaat. You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about, or how the gameplay mechanics work. Also your precious default lolreech is still in like 75% of the playlists.

TU beta with ZB slayer and MLG with ZBNS has me playing more now. I hated MM in Reach since release and now its somewhat balanced. Yeeyyyyy for ZB.

> > yep. done with reach… disc = thrown in trash lol. wow, just look at the last few games stats… haha
>
> YES! One less armor locker. The world is just a little bit better for it :wink:

True that!

> TU fixed some of the main gameplay problems with Reach.
>
> Be thankful 343 is allowing “standard” Reach to still live.
>
> No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.

Yay! It fixed crap by throwing more crap at it! No, bleed through is very glitchy and unpredictable. Normal Reach shields, you can only kill someone with a melee if their shields are gone, simple, easy to tell the difference. Bleed through, random, host has super advantage (more so that normal). I was play-testing the TU settings in a local game last night with my brother, he runs up to me shooting, I shoot him a few times, we both melee, I win but have no shields and no visible health left. We were both using ARs, he took my shields half way down, I only took his a third of the way down, and I won. Bleed through is glitchy, unpredictable, is that what you want Reach to be!?

On another note. If your shields are recharging and are 33% recharged, and someone shoots you with a Magnum or a DMR in the head, you die.

Bleed through = unpredictable gameplay, that is the very thing a “TU” was supposed to fix! not make it worse!

The TU is BS that brings back mechanics that were bad for Halo and removed for good reasons.

Then, to add insult to injury, we’re going remove all but one 5v5 playlist, and we’re going to force the remaining 5v5 playlist to ONLY use the TU settings.

EVEN THOUGH, the big change that nearly everyone agrees with (nerfing AL) ISN’T EVEN IN ANY OF THE SQUAD SLAYER GAMETYPES…

C’mon… This TU was a bad enough idea as it is… Why make it worse through poor execution?

> > TU fixed some of the main gameplay problems with Reach.
> >
> > Be thankful 343 is allowing “standard” Reach to still live.
> >
> > No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.
>
> Yay! It fixed crap by throwing more crap at it! No, bleed through is very glitchy and unpredictable. Normal Reach shields, you can only kill someone with a melee if their shields are gone, simple, easy to tell the difference. Bleed through, random, host has super advantage (more so that normal). I was play-testing the TU settings in a local game last night with my brother, he runs up to me shooting, I shoot him a few times, we both melee, I win but have no shields and no visible health left. We were both using ARs, he took my shields half way down, I only took his a third of the way down, and I won. Bleed through is glitchy, unpredictable, is that what you want Reach to be!?
>
> On another note. If your shields are recharging and are 33% recharged, and someone shoots you with a Magnum or a DMR in the head, you die.
>
> Bleed through = unpredictable gameplay, that is the very thing a “TU” was supposed to fix! not make it worse!

Mhhh, I have to agree, at least partially.In fact, I am only “half concerned”:
-Al nerf, it’s ok, I dont like it and it didn’t bother me that much.
-Camo nerf, just the same.
-Sword block, just the same, I don’t care.Countdown is going to be horrible, though, but it makes sense…(?)
-no/less Bloom, no prob, I liked 100% before, and I like ZB/85% now, even if it changes a bit the whole weapon balance, and it makes the lag issue even worst.

But bleed trough…removes a big game mechanic : shield pop.I don’t know what 343’s intention was(maybe to give a more “analogic” feeling?), but I’m not sure it works that well.CoD is CoD.Halo is Halo.

> > > TU fixed some of the main gameplay problems with Reach.
> > >
> > > Be thankful 343 is allowing “standard” Reach to still live.
> > >
> > > No sane developer would allow for old broken gameplay to exist when a major patch was addressed to fix fundamental flaws.
> >
> > Yay! It fixed crap by throwing more crap at it! No, bleed through is very glitchy and unpredictable. Normal Reach shields, you can only kill someone with a melee if their shields are gone, simple, easy to tell the difference. Bleed through, random, host has super advantage (more so that normal). I was play-testing the TU settings in a local game last night with my brother, he runs up to me shooting, I shoot him a few times, we both melee, I win but have no shields and no visible health left. We were both using ARs, he took my shields half way down, I only took his a third of the way down, and I won. Bleed through is glitchy, unpredictable, is that what you want Reach to be!?
> >
> > On another note. If your shields are recharging and are 33% recharged, and someone shoots you with a Magnum or a DMR in the head, you die.
> >
> > Bleed through = unpredictable gameplay, that is the very thing a “TU” was supposed to fix! not make it worse!
>
> Mhhh, I have to agree, at least partially.In fact, I am only “half concerned”:
> -Al nerf, it’s ok, I dont like it and it didn’t bother me that much.
> -Camo nerf, just the same.
> -Sword block, just the same, I don’t care.Countdown is going to be horrible, though, but it makes sense…(?)
> -no/less Bloom, no prob, I liked 100% before, and I like ZB/85% now, even if it changes a bit the whole weapon balance, and it makes the lag issue even worst.
>
> But bleed trough…removes a big game mechanic : shield pop.I don’t know what 343’s intention was(maybe to give a more “analogic” feeling?), but I’m not sure it works that well.CoD is CoD.Halo is Halo.

Why did you bring CoD into this? It is totally unrelated to this thread.